Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    OMG this is hilarious. I'll see if I can figure out why you can't post to the facebook page. These need to go on it lol
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    @SideSteel - Yea, it says that stuff is posted, but it's no where to be found...

I dunno. :( I is sad though.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    OMG, that Patrick as Mick one is GOLD. I wonder if nrg had any idea his thread would turn out this way.
  • FSLSBSmfp
    FSLSBSmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pulled 200kg (440lbs) today. Pretty happy with that one, I had to use every olympic sized plate I had! (3x20's, 2x10's, 1x5, 1x2.5, 2x1.25kg on each side).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaVtakj-x_I
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    @FSLSBSmfp Nice pull!

@Hornsby I can see the posts to the FB page now, LMAO. I messaged one of the mods (it's actually not my page) to try and get them added to the main photo album =)

Those are really good photoshop jobs LOL
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Pulled 405 for 2, worked with volume last week. Worked up to 405 from never ending reps/sets at various weights.

you're a monster and one day I am going to grow up and be JUST.LIKE.YOU.

insert big giant heart eyes
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Pulled 405 for 2, worked with volume last week. Worked up to 405 from never ending reps/sets at various weights.

you're a monster and one day I am going to grow up and be JUST.LIKE.YOU.

insert big giant heart eyes

Swooooooon!!! Back at cha!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Yep. I want to be you when I grow up, too!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Getting back into my routine after a couple of light weeks...One leading into my last Spartan race, and one after it to recover.

Here's 280x8. I think I might have had another few in the tank, but didn't want to push it too hard coming off the rest weeks. That and even with the week off, my legs still aren't fully recovered.

BW is staying fairly steady between 180-185 even though I'm on a fairly big cut. Just waiting for a big drop in weight soon :tongue:

https://youtu.be/PvWTcNd0LiE

@JoRocka great to see you on here posting again
    @SideSteel I wish I had an epic lifting photo like that

and great lifting everyone...I've been following even if I haven't been posting
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Major ditz today. First, someone had changed around our chains at the gym - usually there is one set of collars that has rope attached so that the chains all lay on the floor at the bottom of the press. Then when I weighed the chains to check, I saw the 11 on the scale and just assumed pounds, and went, perfect, 5kg a side, just where I want to be. Umm yeah. No. After this set, figured I was tired and dropped the plate weight down. Still couldn't figure out why everything felt so heavy. Reweighed the chains and they are 11kg a side. So this set was 70kg plate weight plus 22kg in chains. Very ditzy morning for sure

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    First squat video from the front in quite a while. When I first started lifting, my knees would collapse really bad with heavier weight (they would almost touch when coming out of the hole). As you can see in the video, I still do a little, but want other opinions as to severity and if it's something I need to drop weight back down and try and work on again? FWIW, my knees tend to bend that way anyway. As a kid, it was always easier to sit with my knees in that "W" or "M" formation than criss-cross/indian style. And even now when I run, I look kind of goofy because my knees bend in, which forces my feet to flick out to the side a little.

295x5
    https://youtu.be/1gTGBwp9PLQ

I do it a little on DL as well
    https://youtu.be/0Woe812dsZw
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Man I'm salty you're benching what I can barely squat.

F**king va**na. Sigh. I really like being a woman most of the time- but the fact we are chronically always weaker than a parallel male counter part sometimes really gets me down. sigh. Oh well.

Looking good though.

@McCloud33 I don't think I ever noticed how bad your knee cave was (or Valgas as them fancy people like to say)
    I fall into the "middle" of the road- I'm not a die hard KNEES OUT ALL THE TIME PERSON- because you watch any heavy lifter lift- you see- it happens.

But- you have to know where/why and how- i.e. if you're just buckling while doing it flat out with say-the bar- then you usually have tight ankles and you need to work on it and improve mobility and glutes.

But you've been lifting for a while- so I'd say- meh. Keep training for knees out- but don't break your back on it.
    Bret wrote a really great article and this sums up my feelings on it- only he's way more educated than I am on the subject LOL
    https://bretcontreras.com/peoples-knees-cave-inward-squat/