P90X Classic Starting June 6th, Who's in?

Options

Replies

• skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    SwinginChandra: great job working out without the DVD! It would be nice to be able to workout in a weight room and take advantage of all the heavier weights/pull up bar. I almost had to do the same but luckily power was restored just in time!

Plyo today....love/hate relationship with this one :)

I can't believe how quickly these 90 days are flying by!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    SwinginChandra: great job working out without the DVD! It would be nice to be able to workout in a weight room and take advantage of all the heavier weights/pull up bar. I almost had to do the same but luckily power was restored just in time!

Plyo today....love/hate relationship with this one :)

I can't believe how quickly these 90 days are flying by!

I do all my resistance training days in a gym at lunch, I have done the DVDs so many times all I need is the work sheet. I also have written descriptions for all of the exercises in case I forget what one is.
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Amy, you're such an inspiration. Way to stay motivated!!!

I got home from martial arts class late last night, didn't get to bed until midnight, and didn't manage to wake up at 5AM to do Yoga X. I felt like crap. Soooo guilty. I actually spent a good 15 minutes or so rationalizing NOT doing it. I'll at least make an effort to do it tonight. The dilemma is: I have martial arts class this evening at 6:45, kickboxing at 7:45, and I get home at 9:30. I estimate I would be done with Yoga around 11:15 or so. Shower, primp, be in bed at midnight again, wake up at 5AM, do Legs & Back + Ab Ripper, go to work, then go to sparring class for 2 hours (where we literally burn between 500 and 1000 calories; I never count that much though, just so I won't be tempted to overeat).

Needless to say, I'm gonna need more than 5 hours of sleep tonight. To do Yoga X, or not to do Yoga X? THAT is the question.

I'm so boring...
  • lorianamarie
    lorianamarie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    im on day 2, how do you log in your exercise?
  • dcollins12
    dcollins12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ok so yesturday was my first day starting with core synergistics and it was tough! I woke up this morning really sore, I guess I'm more out of shape than I thought! I am supposed to do Cardio X today and am kinda dreading it! How do i work out through the soreness?
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    im on day 2, how do you log in your exercise?

You have to enter it manually under cardio. Once for each DVD. It's a pain the first week until you get all the sessions logged. Then it's just click and go.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    ok so yesturday was my first day starting with core synergistics and it was tough! I woke up this morning really sore, I guess I'm more out of shape than I thought! I am supposed to do Cardio X today and am kinda dreading it! How do i work out through the soreness?

This may sound like a cop-out, but seriously, just push play, and bring it. Once your muscles get going again, the soreness and stiffness lessens. There's no secret trick to it, you just got to do it. If something feels like too much, modify, don't go so low, etc. But I promise, you can do it! And you may even feel better afterwards. (I do anyway)

Plyo done (with no DVD!)! Files recovered. Trip to the store to buy new computer planned. SkinnyLizzy I feel exactly the same way! I can't believe how soon phase two will be over. I think I'm starting to see real differences in muscle tone though.

On another note, I went ahead and purchased the membership to the weight room for the rest of the summer... Here I come pullup bar. I'm really expecting free weights and a pull up bar to be a huge up in the intensity level of these workouts. So here goes!
  • lorianamarie
    lorianamarie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    sweet thanks! today i just made it up ;/ tomorrow i will do it lol
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    Day 37/90 is done with plyo....i so did not want to do plyo. happy i did had a great time exercising with my son. he cracked me up when he walked up during one of the breaks and goes "you hate it but you love it."
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    day 45/90 and Half way done.
    Back & Biceps, did anyone else buy thier tickets to The Gun Show?! these last three weeks i have seen more growth in my arms(shouloder, biceps and triceps) than any other place, phase one seemed to be all chest and back growth and definition. cant wait for the next set of pics, and i think im going to throw in an extra cause the front with our hands on your hips doesnt show the growth of my arms as much as when i let them hang by my sides. we will see in about two weeks, day 90 falls in the middle of the first week of phase 3, on a thursday.

Push Play, Bring It!
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    Yay! I've got a computer again...(just in time for yoga tomorrow morning... what was I thinking, again?) :p
    Amy
  • DeadZip2010
    Options
    Yay! I've got a computer again...(just in time for yoga tomorrow morning... what was I thinking, again?) :p
    Amy

YAY for getting your computer back. im lucky i didnt get rid of my xbox, i can play the dvds from it to, but i do preffer my laptop.
  • syd1980
    Options
    day 38 is done with back and biceps and ab ripper x.

question for the ones who use the resistance bands for pull-ups. what is the proper form for doing these? do you lean forward or back. i see different forms on p90x, do you try and make your shoulder blades touch ? just want to make sure im doing them right.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    day 38 is done with back and biceps and ab ripper x.

question for the ones who use the resistance bands for pull-ups. what is the proper form for doing these? do you lean forward or back. i see different forms on p90x, do you try and make your shoulder blades touch ? just want to make sure im doing them right.

You want to maintain a form the simulates the pullup as closely as possible. Ideally you want the bands directly overhead so you can pull straight down. If you have to lean, I would suggest leaning forward as this puts your body in the correct form. Leaning backwards will still work your back, but it will shift the load to the middle back, trapezius, as well as shoulders. Still a good exercise, but the farther backwards that you lean the more it becomes a rowing motion rather than a pull up. Yes, squeeze your shoulder blades to activate all of your back muscles.
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    It sounds like people are seeing good results in phase 2 - wahoo! I did biceps/back yesterday, I think that is one of my favorites. Probably just because I'm self conscious about my arms so I like anything that involves toning them up. After the work out I actually felt pumped up enough that I couldn't bend my arm enough to touch my shoulder - that has never happened to me before (I felt pumped up in the past but my biceps were too scrawny to block the bending of my arm). I was soooo happy!

Syd: I can't say I use the ideal form for pull ups but I tend to lean forward (rather than back). I think part of it is because the band is pulling me forward so I tend to go that way naturally. But I have to remind myself constantly to line my neck/head up with the rest of my body. Not sure if this is totally right but it feels comfortable on my back and is really really hard on my muscles - what more could you wish for? PS your son sounds like such a sweet heart!

Hello to all the new people!!
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    actually have sore biceps for the first time this whole program!!! Wooohooo for free weights. I may do legs +back in the gym tomorrow too, and throw some weight into that equation.
    Amy
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    actually have sore biceps for the first time this whole program!!! Wooohooo for free weights. I may do legs +back in the gym tomorrow too, and throw some weight into that equation.
    Amy

I keep flexing my biceps for my husband. pretty cool. lol
  • syd1980
    Options
    Day 39 is done...i didnt do p90x yoga but i did do a core 20 min class with stretch 40 min class. has alot of the same moves in it.

thanks for the help on the pull-ups question. i will put it to use tomorrow with legs/back and watch my form better.
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    Guys guess what? Yesterday I was washing my hands (which I do 90030298 times/day since I'm in the food biz) and what did I spy in the mirror??? Was it a small amount of definition in my arm? Why YES it was! I wouldn't go as far as to say "sculpted" but I definitely saw some bicep. Pretty COOL!

Anyone have ideas on know when you're at your goal? I kind of picked my randomly based on a weight that I was in high school. However I realize that I'm an adult now and my body is just...different. The weight is still coming off but much much more slowly. Does that indicate that you're getting close? I'm trying to focus my energy more on fitness type goals (rather than numbers/inches) and keep my eating healthy and it is working as far as weight loss. I don't really see any changes although my clothes and friends do, so I'm just wondering how I'll know when I'll know I'm where I want to be? Let me know if you guys have any tips!

It's hard to get motivated for Legs/Back today. I have the day off so I'm getting into "I'll do it later...." Yikes!
  • DeadZip2010
    Options
    how do we know when we reach our goals? my goals are kind of based on the Physical Fitness Test for the Marine Corps. 20 dead hang pull ups in a row, 100 crunshes in 2 minutes and a 18 minute 3 mile is a perfect score. i was pretty close to hitting the pull up numbers and hit the crunches every time, but the run is where i will start my focus once P90X is done.
    but mostly my goal right now is to drop some of the fat, so i can look in the morrir for that one, i know its kinda shallow of me, but i dont have the weights to have a goal besides lean down and get fit. but for The Basic School i need the physical endurance that P90X is helping me with.