True confessions! No judgement!

Options

Replies

• sabrina_dolce
    sabrina_dolce Posts: 968 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    HeyaBerg wrote: »
    I have a hard time believing people when they compliment me on my looks. I can politely say thank you, but was teased and bullied really badly growing up because of my Italian nose. I still feel insecure about it and see that girl everytime I look in the mirror.

we all know what you're talking about. I was bullied for my feminine figure.. Kate Moss era really did a number on us who don't possess that thing, today I still feel I'm undesirable and I find that having curves makes me look fat..
    And FYI.. I think you look stunning <3

You're a sweetheart and a beautiful person inside and out. I appreciate the positive feedback. Thank you <3

And I agree with you ... I always struggled with weight growing up in an Italian household (very carbalicious) so I was always very curvy. I'll never be "thin" and I finally get that I don't want to be ... that's the thing that I'm slowly learning to embrace... my curves
  • candiinprogress
    candiinprogress Posts: 7,883 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    brillmer87 wrote: »
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    brillmer87 wrote: »
    I'm still not comfortable with my new body. I still see the old me.

People don't realize that this is as much an emotional and mental transformation as it is a physical one.

I went from 240 to 170 and still saw the same person for months.

Went back to 200 and saw awhale. Back to 185 and still it depends on the day what I see.

This isn't a joke. Its a lifestyle change. Its a complete transformation. It takes time and a lot of self love and worth retraining... 3 years deep and I'm almost finally not hating my body.

Be strong.

I'm digging this entry. Thank you dude.

Its my pleasure. Generally speaking I joke around and i keep it light but self deprecation is no joke. The reason most of us are on this website is for a very real reason.

Were trying to change ourselves for the better. We work DAMN hard to do so. Some of us got made fun of our whole lives for our weight, leading to a lack of self esteem and self worth and people have no idea how paralyzing that can be. Leads to anxiety and depression and a whole lot more.

This is a community for support, love, and apparently a shitload of perverts LOL

The only thing that matters is how you feel about yourself. Love and appreciate yourselves for the effort you put in. Remember why you're doing it and keep motivated.

Sorry for the wall of text - sometimes a chord gets struck
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    I'm seeing this interesting pattern here, and in most cases it is surprising to me...the people who say they feel inadequate when seeing all the hotties (girls and guys)..the 6-pack shirtless dudes, or the young hot-body babes...Those who surprise me are people, girls and guys, who I feel are hot, but they express feelings of the same inadequacy that I do....@Liftheavylovehard, @sabrina_dolce ....you guys are both gorgeous....Mel, I crushed on you the first time I saw your profile...a fighter, survivor, great mom, and hot...Sabrina..I don't know you, but just from your pic....hot! @HeyaBerg , @candiinprogress ...There are so many I see who say they feel inadequate or whatever but really have SO much in the way of looks and personality...Guys.. @Kasner1975 ..Shawn, to me you are the ultimate chick magnet...looks, personality....@StillBreathingFitness...you got it too...We all seem to have the same feelings....the only difference is that I am right - you all are wrong...your are all hot..lol. Seriously though, I see lots of hot people feeling fat or ugly....me, well I have delusions of adequacy...We are all in this program to lose weight, and get and stay healthy. Reinventing ourselves. Let's not forget about self-image, not just the images we want everyone else to see. We all need to understand that maybe the compliments we get ARE real...Sorry for venting so much...

I confess that due to both of you guys' posts, I'm in tears. So thanks for that....

But actually, thanks for that. Many chords struck that needed to be hit upon. There are times when this place isn't the best place to be, but then there are people like you who make up for it and make me so thankful for meeting you :)
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,137 Member
    Options
    I've loved reading the posts here...
    This thread truly resonates, full of truth, caring, kindness and support. Im so proud to know you all.
    We are all fragile in different ways, some of us feel "less" in the looks department, some in the body department. But let me tell you, every one of you has a heart of gold. Awesomeness personified.
    No matter how you feel you look ..believe me you are all beautiful/ handsome those inner beautiful hearts shine from every one of you.
    At the end of the day, you are good people and I hope one day you see the unique, perfection you are <3

Thank you Jo dear...that means more than you would know....
  • StillBreathingFitness
    StillBreathingFitness Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm through being insecure about my looks. I have way more to offer than that. And the interesting thing I realized this evening is that good guys will always be good guys, but looks can change. So give me a bit, I'll be a good guy AND what folk call hot. ;)

You are a great person

Thank you, my friend!
  • StillBreathingFitness
    Options
    I have a hard time believing people when they compliment me on my looks. I can politely say thank you, but was teased and bullied really badly growing up because of my Italian nose. I still feel insecure about it and see that girl everytime I look in the mirror.

I understand the rejection and bullying from childhood that still affects our perception as an adult. I live it daily. This journey is just as much internal as it is external.
    You are beautiful, Sabrina. Your Italian nose emphasizes your classic beauty. I know that may not help but it's my perspective. :smile:
  • StillBreathingFitness
    Options
    I've loved reading the posts here...
    This thread truly resonates, full of truth, caring, kindness and support. Im so proud to know you all.
    We are all fragile in different ways, some of us feel "less" in the looks department, some in the body department. But let me tell you, every one of you has a heart of gold. Awesomeness personified.
    No matter how you feel you look ..believe me you are all beautiful/ handsome those inner beautiful hearts shine from every one of you.
    At the end of the day, you are good people and I hope one day you see the unique, perfection you are <3

Thank you, Jo. As Candi mentioned above, sometimes this place can make our journey difficult. But moments like these remind me why I'm here. Have a beautiful day everyone!

@gcibsthom @candiinprogress @HeyaBerg @Kasner1975 @Liftheavylovehard @sabrina_dolce @slimgirljo15
  • sabrina_dolce
    sabrina_dolce Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    I'm seeing this interesting pattern here, and in most cases it is surprising to me...the people who say they feel inadequate when seeing all the hotties (girls and guys)..the 6-pack shirtless dudes, or the young hot-body babes...Those who surprise me are people, girls and guys, who I feel are hot, but they express feelings of the same inadequacy that I do....@Liftheavylovehard, @sabrina_dolce ....you guys are both gorgeous....Mel, I crushed on you the first time I saw your profile...a fighter, survivor, great mom, and hot...Sabrina..I don't know you, but just from your pic....hot! @HeyaBerg , @candiinprogress ...There are so many I see who say they feel inadequate or whatever but really have SO much in the way of looks and personality...Guys.. @Kasner1975 ..Shawn, to me you are the ultimate chick magnet...looks, personality....@StillBreathingFitness...you got it too...We all seem to have the same feelings....the only difference is that I am right - you all are wrong...your are all hot..lol. Seriously though, I see lots of hot people feeling fat or ugly....me, well I have delusions of adequacy...We are all in this program to lose weight, and get and stay healthy. Reinventing ourselves. Let's not forget about self-image, not just the images we want everyone else to see. We all need to understand that maybe the compliments we get ARE real...Sorry for venting so much...

I understand the rejection and bullying from childhood that still affects our perception as an adult. I live it daily. This journey is just as much internal as it is external.
    You are beautiful, Sabrina. Your Italian nose emphasizes your classic beauty. I know that may not help but it's my perspective. :smile:

Thank you so much for your posts and positivity. It makes me thankful for a supportive environment like this. Like I've said to friends... we tend to be our own worst critics. It's a process of learning to love yourself... hopefully we all get there ! Xo
  • brandivestal
    brandivestal Posts: 2,637 Member
    Options
    epr3996 wrote: »
    I confess I'm in a cranky mood today it started out great but this happened then that and now I feel cranky any ideas on how to snap out of a cranky mood?

A good workout always helps me! Sorry you are cranky *hugs*
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm in a cranky mood today it started out great but this happened then that and now I feel cranky any ideas on how to snap out of a cranky mood?

A Jo cuddle :*<3
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

Awww Mister cranky pants. :p
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options

aww -more hugs being sent. Don't let those little things/people ruin your day!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Awww Mister cranky pants. :p

Be careful not to fall overboard it's a long swim back!

You'd push me wouldn't you.
  • StillBreathingFitness
    Options

@brandivestal hit the nail on the head. If a good workout isn't available, then I try to encourage other people. It's amazing how many times I've been down and began sharing wall love with folk only to find how much better I feel by the time I make it through my friend's list.
  • brandivestal
    brandivestal Posts: 2,637 Member
    Options
    I really love how kind and supportive all of you are <3
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    HeyaBerg wrote: »

we all know what you're talking about. I was bullied for my feminine figure.. Kate Moss era really did a number on us who don't possess that thing, today I still feel I'm undesirable and I find that having curves makes me look fat..
    And FYI.. I think you look stunning <3

Wouldn't it be nice sometimes to see yourself as other people (the good other people..you know..the genuine kind..not the @sshats that need throat punched cuz their dick heads :P) see you? Prime example...is this. Heiðrúin...to me, you are a beauty. strong, athletic, kind. The total package..the type of person I could easily see myself getting along with IRL. I know only what you have provided through this site, but i like the person i do know.

This holds true for me for some many of you!

I don't know how we get to the point where we see ourselves as the true person we are. I guess it takes an inner strength to just accept ourselves as we are and be ok and content with that person. I'm truly ok with me, but still wish to be better...its kinda hard to balance it the thinking/mental image thing.

I think ya'll are awesome. Some truly deep down good peoples around here! man i did NOT expect this when i installed MFP about a year ago. :)
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options

i'm feeling the same. I don't know how. sometimes cranky pants rares his head and frankly it pisses me off lol! don't like that part about me at all.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

i'm feeling the same. I don't know how. sometimes cranky pants rares his head and frankly it pisses me off lol! don't like that part about me at all.

Big hugs for you too Tom :*