WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Lisa – If things work out for you and your DH time-after-time; and, you have laid your burdens on a Higher Power; patience is a virtue that a lot of us lack; but, whether or not something occurs in your ‘timeframe’ just sometimes doesn’t work out; you have to believe that the ‘right’ choice will be there. Faith = First you jump; then the net appears. I'm very impatient myself, so I know how you are feeling. >:)B) But, I try my best not to get my panties in a wad about things I don't have control over; and, when to let go when I 'know' they are not in my control.

Lenora
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all! Trash day today, so the kids are very excited! B)
    Heather- gorgeous pics of your grandkids and Bea's christening. And aren't you supposed to have a glass of wine after a dunk in the water?
    9LKnowles- to save/bookmark this page, click on the star that is just above the search icon. You have joined us just by saying you would like to. Visit often. Lots of support here. Chime in when and where you feel you have something to say! Welcome
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Connie in central TX- Welcome! You have found a great group for support. Hope to see you often. Remember to bookmark this page to make it easier to find.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Gayle good to see you. Hope things are going better with your mom. DS#1 has needed extra help right now and that is why I haven't pushed to meet lately.

:heart: Margaret
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Carol~ so sorry you had to go through that..
    Just spoke with my elderly friend up at the cape.. her husband my dear friend Ray is about ready to make the transition,,,he has been having TIA's and has had pneumonia at least 4 times, his organs are shutting down..I am working until noon on Saterday and will speak with Tom about Doris and I driving up saterday afternoon and staying overnight.. to basically say goodbye..
    So sad,,, that he and Ruth haven't been together in 2-3 yrs as they both have been in and out of nursing homes..
    just makes my heart sad.
  • virginiashannon
    virginiashannon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, my name is Virginia and I currently live in Mason, Michigan (my 5th state). I occasionally keep reading posts, but didn't really use this as a tool like I should have (my bad). My journey so far has been amazing, but when I slip I do it badly (at least I am human) :) . Would love a group of friends that holds me accountable and to share successes with. So far I have lost 58 lbs, but I still got another 50 to go. I lost on Weight Watchers before, and always gained the weight back. It took me getting sick and being hospitalized last year to realize that I need to do something different in my life as I challenged myself to never being hospitalized again. Then I found this amazing product, and it gives me the nutrition that my body needs. By using this my cholesterol has come down drastically, and I got off all of my prescription medication (only 3). I think I can finally say that I just might be on the correct path. I truly believe now that when you treat your body right and provide it what it needs, it can do some amazing things for you! So far I lost most of my weight strictly by walking, but when your body gets used to doing one thing you need to kick it up some which I attempted to do yesterday evening by using the Elliptical. This is going to be challenging for sure, as my exercise log consisted of 122 minutes of walking and 33 minutes on the Elliptical. My goal right now is, can I do this 2-3 times a week….
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Leonore: Unless you deliberately feed your DIL foods she is allergic to, you're in line behind my MIL on the worst list, God rest her mean spirited soul. :ohwell:

Marcelyn in Houston: I admire determination and you have enough for two people. WTG! :bigsmile:

Heather: Your friend with the dishonest husband mystifies me. I wonder why she stays "with" him. :huh:

Penny: It sounds like you have a lot going on. Stop in when you can. (((HUGS)))

9lknowles and all newbies: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. You joined by posting. There is a blank star at the top of our page. Click on it and it turns yellow. After that you can find us by clicking on the gray star at the top of the Community page. :smiley:

Today DH is getting his new foot brace. I think he will adjust to it easily enough. He's been hoping to be able to return to wearing boots, and if he is willing to wear lace-ups, I think he can do that, too. I have doubts he'll be able to get into his Justins unless he can find a shoemaker that can put a zipper into the left one.

I knitted cozy baby blanket for the new baby over the summer and shipped it off to DD yesterday. I don't want to bring it with me because I'm planning to do my best to get by with a carry on bag when I go to stay with her for the birth.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Virginia ~ Welcome! What is this amazing product? Would love to know.

Carol
  • virginiashannon
    virginiashannon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »

Carol

I didn't come on this site in attempt to advertise. Since I had the success that I have had, I do now sell this particular item. So in order to not to get in trouble for sharing information that I should not be I went ahead and sent you a Friend Request with the information that you requested.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    9lknowles wrote: »
    9LKnowles, here. New to the app and not sure how to "join" this group. Is there a button I am missing?

There is no button for that :0) u just make your check payable to me for$500 bucks and that's it! Welcome!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a messed up hen to Fu3;)k up your morning workout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's got to wrk for the marathon OR ELSE!!!!!!!!

Welcome new peeps! I'm usually not this vulgar, who am I kidding, yes I am, don't get scared. ;0)
  • Whitbygramgirl
    Whitbygramgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi All - Happy Tuesday! - just saying hi to all here! :) - not much new to report - slugging away!
  • Whitbygramgirl
    Whitbygramgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Like my new pic? I find it depressing and inspiring at the same time
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    9lknowles wrote: »
    9LKnowles, here. New to the app and not sure how to "join" this group. Is there a button I am missing?

m1277.gif You joined just by posting...now bookmark the page so you can find us again and keep coming back...tell us about yourself, comment on what someone else has said, ask a question....you'll soon feel like you've know us all your life and we'll feel the same way about you.

Also tell us a name we can call you and a general location of where you are from

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »

Carol

I didn't come on this site in attempt to advertise. Since I had the success that I have had, I do now sell this particular item. So in order to not to get in trouble for sharing information that I should not be I went ahead and sent you a Friend Request with the information that you requested.

m1277.gif Virginia This is a great thread...we are infinitely open-minded about all ways of weight loss and not judgmental...how wonderful that you found something that worked and stayed with it so it would work. Even with great products and plans, it helps so much to have a supportive group of women friends to help you stay on track. I have been posting on this thread for years even after losing the weight I wanted to lose. I hope you will keep coming back.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Virginia ~ Thanks for the friend request (which I accepted). Barbie is correct in saying that we all have our own special ways to manage our weight. I am glad that this has succeeded for you.

Carol
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    <3