Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    White chocolate mouse

51537a4eb698ac7df455f512e583bec1.jpg
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I actually had some white chocolate yesterday (suckered in by Christmas marketing, damn you Galaxy!). I don't even know why I bought it, just a little bar but I do find it too sickly sweet. I can have like two or three Milkybar buttons and totally be done.

Same with Caramac, which is some sort of white chocolate caramel flavouring hybrid everyone loved as kids in the UK. Except me.

Really savoury food is my real downfall. 70s party buffet food is my absolute kryptonite. Sausage rolls? Cubes of bright orange cheddar, pineapple and pickled onion on a toothpick shoved in a tin foil covered potato? I am all in.

Arrrrrghh! Curse you! :) Where the heck am I going to find those at such short notice? And I've not got anyone coming over for a visit for a few months either. My niece came over recently and the darling girl had a suitcase crammed full of Old Jamaica chocolate for me.

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Sara1791 wrote: »
    I guess everyone has something they feel strongly about. I think some of you people feel about chocolate the way I feel about pizza. NYC real pizzeria, no chains, no deep dish, crispy crust, brick oven if possible but not a deal breaker, real cheese, not too sweet. There's an old joke about there not being any such thing as a bad pizza; I disagree.

If you only like pizza a certain way, you don't really like pizza.
    A true pizza lover loves the best pizza (which is Cassano's in sw Ohio, a St. Louis style thin crust pizza) and the worst pizza (little ceasar's).

Same with chocolate. If you only like gourmet chocolate, you're not a chocolate lover.

I love Hershey kisses.
    I love m&ms.
    I love pillsbury brownies.
    I love Twix.
    I love Betty Crocker chocolate cake (box mix) with Betty Crocker chocolate icing.
    I love all the chocolate.
    I am not discriminatory.

Do you mean St. Louis style pizza as in that stuff with the disgusting provel cheese?

Probably means extremely thin cracker like crust but cut in squares. Usually anyone outside of St Louis has no idea about provel cheese. I live in STL now but not born here, I can tolerate it on IMO's pizza but I prefer mozzarella.

That is indeed what I meant.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I actually had some white chocolate yesterday (suckered in by Christmas marketing, damn you Galaxy!). I don't even know why I bought it, just a little bar but I do find it too sickly sweet. I can have like two or three Milkybar buttons and totally be done.

Same with Caramac, which is some sort of white chocolate caramel flavouring hybrid everyone loved as kids in the UK. Except me.

Really savoury food is my real downfall. 70s party buffet food is my absolute kryptonite. Sausage rolls? Cubes of bright orange cheddar, pineapple and pickled onion on a toothpick shoved in a tin foil covered potato? I am all in.

OMG Caramac
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I guess everyone has something they feel strongly about. I think some of you people feel about chocolate the way I feel about pizza. NYC real pizzeria, no chains, no deep dish, crispy crust, brick oven if possible but not a deal breaker, real cheese, not too sweet. There's an old joke about there not being any such thing as a bad pizza; I disagree.

A true pizza lover loves the best pizza (which is Cassano's in sw Ohio, a St. Louis style thin crust pizza) and the worst pizza (little ceasar's).

Same with chocolate. If you only like gourmet chocolate, you're not a chocolate lover.

I love Hershey kisses.
    I love m&ms.
    I love Twix.
    I love Betty Crocker chocolate cake (box mix) with Betty Crocker chocolate icing.
    I am not discriminatory.

I don't know about Little Caesar but Pizza Hut is disgusting.

Twixt isn't chocolate though..

Little ceasar's is the cheap option you get for birthday parties because it's inexpensive but still pizza.
    Pizza Hut's pan crust meat lover's pizza is delicious and anyone who says otherwise is a lying teller of lies.
    I'm a big fan of papa john's too, btw.

And Twix is chocolate on the outside. Crunchy caramelly goodness on the inside.

I love Hershey kisses.
    I love m&ms.
    I love Twix.
    I am not discriminatory.

You forgot Oreos. ;)
    Well that just goes without saying.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I love Hershey kisses.
    I love m&ms.
    I love Twix.
    I am not discriminatory.

I don't know about Little Caesar but Pizza Hut is disgusting.

Twixt isn't chocolate though..

Little ceasar's is the cheap option you get for birthday parties because it's inexpensive but still pizza.
    Pizza Hut's pan crust meat lover's pizza is delicious and anyone who says otherwise is a lying teller of lies.
    I'm a big fan of papa john's too, btw.

And Twix is chocolate on the outside. Crunchy caramelly goodness on the inside.

I love Hershey kisses.
    I love m&ms.
    I love Twix.
    I am not discriminatory.

You forgot Oreos. ;)
    Well that just goes without saying.

Twix has chocolate, sure, but it's really not what you taste the most (love them though).

I liked Papa John the last time I had some too though!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Is now the time to disclose I am really indifferent to Oreos...........
  • VintageFeline
    Options

Arrrrrghh! Curse you! :) Where the heck am I going to find those at such short notice? And I've not got anyone coming over for a visit for a few months either. My niece came over recently and the darling girl had a suitcase crammed full of Old Jamaica chocolate for me.

I haven't seen them for ages but then I don't go looking for them. Apparently I can get a whole box of 48 on Amazon for £26 and free delivery. Ah Amazon.
  • MagicalGiraffe
    MagicalGiraffe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    schwich13 wrote: »
    Hate to say this... It won't make me popular by any means... The latest studies are showing that it appears that indeed, sugar is likely causative of diabetes. Stay tuned for more, I'll bet we'll all be eating those words ( sugar doesn't cause diabetes).

I'm not going to address what you've said in your post, but just make sure you specify what TYPE of diabetes you mean.
    I didn't eat myself this way, I was born with a predisposition which was triggered by a viral infection. Sugar played no role whatsoever.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ogtmama wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I find straight up Hersheys tastes like its burnt. Like the way melted chocolate tastes when you accidentally microwave it too long.

I freely admit to being a chocolate snob. I keep these in my pantry, just for baking:

s-l225.jpg461-a-Lindt-semi-sweet-cho-253x220_0.jpg

2.5kg bags of Lindt Madagascar 70% coverture

I am actually a chocolate snob myself. I usually go with the high end stuff. The REAL Greatest packages cookie of all time. Just don't tell @Carlos_421
    gvax3gcd99lc.jpg

I mean it says it right there in the package. Chocolaty happinesses

You. Giant. Tease.
    Don't do that to an Aussie in Canada that hasn't had these in years, and the only store that used to sell them (Loblaws) closed down.

The things I'd do for Tim Tams.. I love to use them as a straw for coffee (it's the only way!) I LOVED the hazelnut and caramel ones, but never found them here.

But oreos are love, too.

My Metro carries them...I've been seeing them everywhere.

Even in Quebec? We're never that lucky, but I will look again!
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    White chocolate mouse

But do they grow tumors when you feed them sugar?

They are tumors!!! ;) Delicious, creamy tumors.....
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Update. Tried the Tim Tam as a straw this morning. Not sure what to think. The insides just got all mushy. 5/10 on the yum scale.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Update. Tried the Tim Tam as a straw this morning. Not sure what to think. The insides just got all mushy. 5/10 on the yum scale.

I think you may need to be from a biscuit dunking culture to appreciate the TimTam as a straw thing.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Me too. In fact, like Nilla wafers, I tend to think the only point of them is to dunk in a glass of milk, so if I have calories for something sweet I'll spend them in some other way.

I'd eat the hell out of a street vendor's falafel sandwich, though.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Me too. In fact, like Nilla wafers, I tend to think the only point of them is to dunk in a glass of milk, so if I have calories for something sweet I'll spend them in some other way.

In the chocolate biscuit genre, I am all about a bourbon. Dunked in tea.

Falafel sandwiches aren't a thing here, much less street vendors of such a thing. My local Persian restaurant does do astonishing falafels though, again, usually indifferent to them, the ones from there I could eat every day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

In the chocolate biscuit genre, I am all about a bourbon. Dunked in tea.

Falafel sandwiches aren't a thing here, much less street vendors of such a thing. My local Persian restaurant does do astonishing falafels though, again, usually indifferent to them, the ones from there I could eat every day.

I'm not aware of any such street vendors here (referencing back someone else's comment), but there's a Middle Eastern lunch place near my office that has good ones that I get occasionally. My favorite Persian restaurant has good ones too, but they also have a great salmon kebob (with dill rice) that I can't resist and always end up getting.
  • mandy462
    mandy462 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Perhaps off topic but I just ate an entire 9 Oz bag of smart food white cheddar popcorn ... 900 and something calories ... meanwhile my supportive Mr is making turkey lettuce wraps for dinner. I am an idiot. I know, just keep swimming. But once I get a craving twinge, my self control goes right out the window. I do try not to even buy trigger foods, but lately, everything's a trigger food. Ugh.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    ogtmama wrote: »
    I find straight up Hersheys tastes like its burnt. Like the way melted chocolate tastes when you accidentally microwave it too long.

I freely admit to being a chocolate snob. I keep these in my pantry, just for baking:

s-l225.jpg461-a-Lindt-semi-sweet-cho-253x220_0.jpg

2.5kg bags of Lindt Madagascar 70% coverture

I am actually a chocolate snob myself. I usually go with the high end stuff. The REAL Greatest packages cookie of all time. Just don't tell @Carlos_421
    gvax3gcd99lc.jpg

I mean it says it right there in the package. Chocolaty happinesses

You. Giant. Tease.
    Don't do that to an Aussie in Canada that hasn't had these in years, and the only store that used to sell them (Loblaws) closed down.

The things I'd do for Tim Tams.. I love to use them as a straw for coffee (it's the only way!) I LOVED the hazelnut and caramel ones, but never found them here.

But oreos are love, too.

My Metro carries them...I've been seeing them everywhere.

Even in Quebec? We're never that lucky, but I will look again!
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    White chocolate mouse

But do they grow tumors when you feed them sugar?

They are tumors!!! ;) Delicious, creamy tumors.....

Toronto...I just saw you saw loblaws and assumed. Sorry.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options

When I did it with hot tea, the whole thing liquified, it was glorious.
  • lissmayer
    lissmayer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    1 Just discovered I am not from a dunking culture
    2 Pizza Hut is the worst pizza followed by Dominos. Little Caesars and Papa Johns are acceptable albeit trashy pizza esp if you are high.