my husband thinks that I am ungrateful

Options
How do I explain to my husband that a box of chocolates is an unsuitable present for a chocoholic overweight wife in the second week of a weight loss diet. Incidently I responded by eating 15 in quick succession before our birthday tea which included a raspberry and cream dessert cake made by his 92 year old mum. The outcome is 1500 Cal daily excess, an exploding tummy and a deep feeling of resentfulness. Help me!

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    If you have never seriously tried to lose weight before, or you have tried multiple times and not sustained it, then he probably thinks this time will be the same. It's just human nature. So he probably saw no harm in buying you something you have always liked.

Just be honest with him and show him through your actions that you are committed to a new lifestyle. Nobody is forcing you to eat anything anyone gives you. Sure it's not the easiest thing in the world to always resist but those are skills you're going to have to develop, may as well start right here right now with those birthday chocolates.
  • miteyme
    miteyme Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Now cheese or cherries! Mmmmm. But suppose there , ust not have been a cheese or cherry shop on the way home from work.... Grrrrr
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My mum sent me a cheese hamper for my birthday a few weeks back. It was probably worse than sending me chocolates haha. So much cheesey deliciousness.