40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    MJFSH wrote: »
    Tapout XT2: Leg Extreme done! Holding that 8 lbs. tapout ball during the workout, makes the workout much tougher and a whole body workout! even my lats are feeling fatigued!

@MJFSH - That sounds like my kind of fun!
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    TinaPSeger wrote: »
    My biggest advice however is find something you enjoy and do that. Any exercise is better than none. As mentioned earlier web based advice is only good for general information. For specific goals you are much better off seeing someone in person (preferable with both a personal training and a kinesiology background) to help set up a program to addresses both proper form and your body's weaknesses particularly if this is new to you.

@TinaPSeger - @Tojo_73 nailed it. Finding something to like to do is the key. I also second the notion of finding a coach/trainer to get you set up to succeed. You will then know where you're going and how to get there. After that, all you do is execute the plan and enjoy the results!
  • saracolleenstar
    saracolleenstar Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Do I have to wait a full YEAR to join? I know this is where the cool kids are! I'm turning 39 in January, and I have restarted my journey to be fit. This time it's personal. This time I'm getting fit for my forties!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    :heart: @MiamiSeoul

Yea, going to be sore tomorrow. Did the stair master machine at the gym (for the Amazing Race challenge)...that sucked! But got 1007 steps done in 20 minutes. Also, did 40 minutes on the rower today to do a 5K. Lastly, got in my standard 3 sets of Strength Training machines. More time than I normally like to spend in the gym (and it was much later in the day that my regular time so it was pretty crowded), but got it knocked out.
  • ariela569
    ariela569 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Desperately seeking to lose 20 lbs

42 yo and most definitely a cool cat/ kid
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    You ALL are my heroes & sheroes! 40+ is the new 20 for health & fitness.

Happy Thursday!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Yoga"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Do I have to wait a full YEAR to join? I know this is where the cool kids are! I'm turning 39 in January, and I have restarted my journey to be fit. This time it's personal. This time I'm getting fit for my forties!

@saracolleenstar - I believe there is a "conditional acceptance" program available for those applicants who are within 2 years of the age group minimum, as long as all "Cool Kid" requirements are upheld during the probationary period. It should also be noted that your coolness factor will increase upon reaching the age group minimum. ;)

Welcome!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Negative split run done on the treadmill this morning. First mile easy, increasing pace 20 seconds/mile to reach HM pace for 4th mile.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ab ripper x with the kids (which mainly is them wasting time until Russian twists - Mason twist in Tony Hortonese :) )
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Well, I've been 50 for a week now. Hmmmm, I don't feel 50. P90X Day 4, Yoga X...Done! Have a great day everyone!

Happy Belated Birthday...yea, I definitely didn't feel 50yo when I turned it either a couple of years ago. I still think, "Man, my parents were OLD when they were this age...but I don't feel as old as they seemed."
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    LAST DAY OF WORK BEFORE VACATION!!! I PREDICT EPIC LEVELS OF GOOFING OFF TODAY!!! (like, MORE than usual!!!)

Have a super awesome vacation!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Well, I've been 50 for a week now. Hmmmm, I don't feel 50. P90X Day 4, Yoga X...Done! Have a great day everyone!

Happy Belated Birthday...yea, I definitely didn't feel 50yo when I turned it either a couple of years ago. I still think, "Man, my parents were OLD when they were this age...but I don't feel as old as they seemed."

Thanx! And same here. I definitely don't feel like slowing down at all. In fact, I feel younger than I did at 30, lol!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    LAST DAY OF WORK BEFORE VACATION!!! I PREDICT EPIC LEVELS OF GOOFING OFF TODAY!!! (like, MORE than usual!!!)

Enjoy that vacation! I hope you're doing something unforgettable! (in a good way
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    P90X Day 5: Legs & Back and a 3-mile jog...DONE! Have an amazing day everyone!