WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,317 Member
    Options
    Katla - Yes, this is not the best time of year to sell. :( How much longer will you be at your daughter's? However much you love people, grandchildren can be exhausting and other people's regimes and demands are energy sapping. <3 You have done brilliantly. I never forgave my mother for not coming for my second baby. Your DH sounds as if he is doing a great job. :flowerforyou:

Pip - We are all cheering you on this weekend. :D I'm sure it will go much better than you think. :flowerforyou:

Mary - I am worried about your pain. Sounds awful. Have you had it checked out? <3

Well, folks, I am awake. :sad: Too many house thoughts. :#:s I just decided in the end to get up and talk to you instead of tossing and turning. All will be well if I could just calm that churning brain.
    DH is sleeping on his new mattress for the first time. When I left the room to come downstairs I think he was awake. :*

Will try to shut my eyes, but now I'm hungry.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Drkatiebug- happy birthday! You look fantastic! I love your birthday suit!

Heather - no, very old injury. Sometimes I move wrong and my back reacts very badly. I've never had it radiate from my neck before. I know I pulled my shoulder blade muscle because I felt it but since I have a bad neck it decided to flair up as well. Sometimes it takes 2-3 weeks of bed rest and then it's like normal again. Here's hoping for the 2 weeks!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Have caught up to pg 44 and way past bed time as I need to be at the store by 6 a.m.

Katla -I'm late as usual but congratulations on the new grandbaby. What a little sweetheart!

Carey - The Pokemon joke was great and I will use it at work. I love using spaghetti squash as my pasta. I was at Costco today and they had some but I really didn't want 5.

Margaret - So sorry for your loss. I still miss my Mom

Alison - I feel for you. Please remember that you did all you could and that was a lot. Take care of yourself in this difficult time.

Pip - Such a wonderful photo of you and your Mom. Sending positive thoughts.

Cheri and Karen - Nice photo. It is so nice that you had the opportunity to lunch together.

It's been a challenging week with DH. He did compliment me on 2 of the meals. I know I don't cook the way I used to. It might have been delicious but it was dangerous. I know I don't have the figure or the hair that I used to or the energy. This is not news!
    I have been reminded a few times how lucky I am in my DD and my DDIL. DGD is being the Queen of Hearts also. I think her "Off with their Heads" is more convincing than mine. Hoping we can get a photo together.
    DGS is hoping to enter a martial arts tournament. I hope he doesn't trip over those feet that just keep growing. He is very lean and lanky.
    DS is driving me crazy. She wants updates on family member's health etc. but doesn't want me to text her unless it is after a certain time. I always seem to forget that. We had a big fight and I am not proud of myself.

Long past bedtime here.
    -Sharon in Lethbridge
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,768 Member
    Options
    well I am up and having a cup of tea.. this junk i have has moved down to my chest, and I am not a happy camper... I am dropping Tom of at the airport in a bit and have to be into work by 9 and work till 5.. I am going to call and postpone trip to candle place with Tracy and Tal, she will be ticked off, but dont want to get either one of them sick.. have the weekend off from work and with Tom gone will basically be a couch potato..
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lisa. Ellie is beautiful. Hopping that all goes well with your DS and the long road ahead for them

Happy Friday folks, gonna get the furnace cleaned and checked today. Accomplished a good amount of bothersome work yesterday and have one little annoying computer report to finish and then I can get back to the good stuff--just teaching!

Great pic and happy birthday dr katiebug. You rock that birthday suit :p
    NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,317 Member
    Options
    Dr Katie - You look so strong, happy and healthy in your photo. It cheered my heart! All that gym work is paying off. <3:D

Lisa - What a fabulous granddaughter you have. May it all work out in the future!

We now have four houses to see on Monday. Trying to get a couple more agents on board to fit a couple more in the mid afternoon.
    The good news is that my son says he would like company for dinner as DDIL is working in London, so he has asked us to come over at 5 when he is going to get back from work a bit early. Really he wants help with bath and bed time for three kids, but we would LOVE to muck in. Bath, snuggles and bed time stories. What could be better. :D Really longing to see them. <3 Hooray, hooray, hooray! :drinker:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Dr KatieBug~ adorable picture!! and Happy Birthday ..
    Tom at the airport and about ready to board....what I found out on the way up is he changed his flights and time down there so that he could see Mary Chapin Carpenter tonight in Sarasota.. he said I told you... no he did not.. but not gonna argue.. Homer took a ride up to the airport with me..
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Re, believe it or not I listened to old Desi Arnaz...that Cuban band music is pretty rockin'!
    Betty
  • heidihurl
    heidihurl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A beautiful sunrise in MA yesterday.
    Good Morning All!!
    03c0kbpdsw0r.jpg

I believe it's going to take a while to get used to this Discussion Site. I find it a bit difficult to follow and navigate all of the dialogues, but love reading the great successes and friendly chatter. It's also very healing and warm to see everyone pick those that need picking up, up. Great Group.

Yesterday was my birthday.. Low and quiet. Hung out at home on a rainy evening, watched "The Great Gatsby" on Netflix and sipped away at a wonderful Pinot Noir. Hubby was at a retirement party for a co-worker.. son away at college. Wonderful "ME" evening.

So, this is the start of my quest... I am on the road for a year of good healthy MIND, BODY and SOUL. Day #1.

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend.
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Heidi~ beautiful sunrise!! nice ME evening.. hopefully I will get a me weekend and recoup from this darn cold...
  • MountainMomma58
    MountainMomma58 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Re in TX - thanks. Weather cleared up and should be nice for tomorrow. 62 degrees. Can't wait.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,916 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I'm here but have to run. Bringing car to yearly checkups soon. Still feel blah with no ambition. But weather nice today so will walk some.

Talk later.
    Rita from CT
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    DrKatieBug you look mawvelous. How very brave to post a pic in your "Birthday suit" :) sorry, couldn't resist. Happy late birthday.

Heidi, happy late birthday to you. Glad you had a good evening.

I'm off to get in the pool. :)

Janetr okc (unlesd I nevet leave Tampa)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday. Everyone find something fun to do.
    DrKatiebug -Happy Birthday to you. Love the picture.
    Heidi-Happy Birthday. Excellent time to think of what you want for yourself this next year. Mind, Body and Soul covers it all.
    Lisa - beautiful granddaughter.
    Going to work in my flower garden again and hope to finish so we can put bark mulch down before the weeds come back.
    Have a great day
    [coloe=red]
    SueBDew in TX
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Oops spelled color wrong
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Dr. Katie ~ Happy Birthday! You look great!