Tuna Creations-What do you mix?

Options

Replies

• IslandSneezerooo
    IslandSneezerooo Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Loathe mayo... used to use Ranch dressing... Now I prefer Litehouse caesar dressing, red onion, and relish with my tuna... mmmm...
  • ninjasmith1986
    ninjasmith1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love it with BBQ sauce! This week all I had was some light sour cream, pepper and garlic powder/salt with my tuna.....not bad!
  • mirandagod77
    mirandagod77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Sriracha! Mmmmm. Also, today mixing lemon pepper starkist tuna with rotel... haven't tried it before, but gonna give it a whirl.

i don't know what sriracha is....how did it turn out?

Sriracha is a spicy red pepper sauce. Usually find it in the Asian section of the market. Very unique flavor and a little goes a long way!

I love tuna on top of salad greens with lemon juice or vinegar, celery, cucumbers and capers. Also sub my homemade yogurt for mayo for a lot less calories.

okay will look for that thanks
  • mirandagod77
    mirandagod77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    antkowiak wrote: »
    My tuna salad recipe includes:

canned solid white tuna
    nonfat greek yogurt
    lemon or lime juice (or a splash of white vinegar)
    flax seeds
    finely diced onion and/or celery
    dash of salt and pepper
    dash of dried italian seasonings and/or garlic powder

mmm sounds good
  • luluzulu85
    luluzulu85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I made this recipe up with what I had and OMG!

6.4 oz tuna package
    2T cooked quinoa
    1T mayo
    3 to 4T basil pesto
    Dash of hot sauce (I use Sriracha)
    Salt & pepper

Form patties and bake or sauté.

I ate mine on a big salad.
  • GregRamz
    GregRamz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :D So I ran out mayo this week and substituted bbq sauce and omg it is soooo good! Anyone else come up mix up tuna in creative ways besides the regular mayo and onions/pepper?

Plain greek yogurt. My favorite meal after a workout is 2 cans of tuna and 1 cup of 2x protein greek yogurt. It's around 400 calories and around 75g protein
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    All of these sound delicious!
  • keithb0522
    keithb0522 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow the things people mix with tuna. BBQ sauce really??? Let's just make tuna unhealthy.

I use straight mustard (all kinds) , use Greek yogurt with just a touch of agave to kill the tart, don't make it sweet.

Mix it with anything you want. But I choose to not wanna add fat, carbs, or sodium to it. Sodium is a silent diet killer fyi. Lol
  • 00100cam00100
    Options
    Tumeric, curry powder, raisins, mayo, and carrotts!!!! It's amazing!
  • Misconfit8
    Misconfit8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with hummus, when I am not trying to cut fat. When I am, I mix with some mashed sweet potatoes, salt and pepper. It's really not bad and so many more vitamins & minerals from the sweet potato (rather than mayo).
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I hate mayo so I use a dab of greek yogourt, and a big spoon of Patak's Hot Lime Pickle (an Indian relish with chunks of preserved lime in it) - oh so awesome. I just eat it with a fork no need to put it on anything. The tanginess of the lime chunks in the tuna is perfect.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    keithb0522 wrote: »
    Wow the things people mix with tuna. BBQ sauce really??? Let's just make tuna unhealthy.

I use straight mustard (all kinds) , use Greek yogurt with just a touch of agave to kill the tart, don't make it sweet.

Mix it with anything you want. But I choose to not wanna add fat, carbs, or sodium to it. Sodium is a silent diet killer fyi. Lol

Why is bbq sauce unhealthy? Why is sodium a silent diet killer?

I like chipotle hot sauce in mine sometimes.

Tonight I had yellowfin tuna in water with .5 tablespoon mayo, capers, 100 grams of tomato, 25 grams of mushroom, and onion chopped very small. That was dinner. yum.

The biggest thing for me is the brand of tuna. I only use tonnino or cento, and I typically eat them right out of the can.
  • teagan306
    teagan306 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tuna, low fat cream cheese and dill.....spread on crackers or bread!!
  • kilinnnda
    Options
    I make my tuna Latino style.
    Chop some red onions, tomatoes, green pepper if u like, cilantro, lots of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Mix all together. The original recipe is with one cooked potato cut in small cubes mixed in served over warm white rice, but if the idea is to lose weight is good to drop those last part. Is tangy and yummy.
  • kilinnnda
    Options
    luluzulu85 wrote: »
    I made this recipe up with what I had and OMG!

6.4 oz tuna package
    2T cooked quinoa
    1T mayo
    3 to 4T basil pesto
    Dash of hot sauce (I use Sriracha)
    Salt & pepper

Form patties and bake or sauté.

I ate mine on a big salad.
    I wanna try this
  • chelmass
    chelmass Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but I felt the need to share how I eat tuna. I still use mayo, just the serving size, though, no more. Although, tomorrow I'm going to try it with olive oil and white vinegar to see how that works. Anyway, I use the tuna creation packets, most commonly lemon pepper, mix it with 1T Helman's and the put it on a white cheddar rice cake. It's AMAZING. You still get a cheesy taste, which makes tuna so much better IMO, but without the extra calories. YUM!
  • Nodaysoff86
    Nodaysoff86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Lowfat ranch.
  • delicaterealms
    delicaterealms Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i like tuna plain or with chopped celery and avocado
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Spicy mustard!
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered putting Badia Complete Seasoning and sriracha on tuna in the skillet is amazing.