Diet Cokes ?

Options

Replies

• luv2teez
    luv2teez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I avoid diet sodas due to the fact that the artificial sweeteners do play with the body's blood sugar - the brain too. It can't decifer whether it's real sugar or not. Also, more importantly they are toxic.

Regular soda is much more due to the high fructose corn syrup and or beer sugar (glysophate is in high concentrations in these).

When I do have a craving I reach for a more natural alternative. A pop called Zevia @ whole foods and co-ops.

But, sodastream is good too.

This is just what works for me. Unfortunately and probably fortunately - my body is really sensitive.

I hope it helps.
  • amandapleighse92
    amandapleighse92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    how specific. Its weird though, do you not agree that water is the best way to go? There is nothing good for you in diet coke or soda in general. Given it won't make you fat, but it is not healthy. It's best to KICK THE HABIT and learn to drink water instead. I researched this on my own and came to my own opinion, I encourage anyone to do the same! It's a lifestyle, so everyone's will be different. Things you choose as important will be different than mine. Soda was my first thing to go, coffee however is most important!
  • gwenster89
    gwenster89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i'm sure tons of people have been able to lose weight and keep drinking diet soda but it's soooooo bad for youuuuuuu. the chemicals in it seriously mess with your head and there have been a ton of studies to prove this. like, not just one fringe study with iffy results, but truly countless studies.

i used to be a hopeless diet coke addict and then i finally switched to seltzer. i realized that when i craved diet coke, the fizziness of seltzer totally did the trick. there are also tons of diet sodas that are sweetened with natural zero-calorie sweeteners like stevia instead of aspartame. or you can drink kombucha! it does have sugar but it's processed by yeast and bacteria so it doesn't cause the same insulin spike.
  • amandapleighse92
    amandapleighse92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow all the muscle bound guys HATE ME! lol I read like two books a few years ago. ( This wasn't the MAIN idea of them) seriously though are you saying water is not the best choice? why not just drink water? There are lots of opinions though. No need to get nasty, I'm only saying things I believe. That is the point of this right? To share ideas and opinions. Never imagined diet soda would become such defensive topic! And maybe the whole "chemicals beats calories" point didn't make sense to some, and it is not the healthiest idea!But it is a saying. Meaning if you are hungry, it will make you feel full for a short while. This is not specifically talking about diet coke, It is a very general saying . Do something to make the hunger pains go away for a bit.