Boyfriends standards of weight?

Options

Replies

• Leaz947
    Leaz947 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Why would you ask for advice on a situation you are not willing to change? Your guy sounds like a real peach, my advice to you is to get used to being belittled and miserable. Then you can't complain.

I am sorry but you wouldn't understand unless you're in a similar situation. I have had no experience with things like this before, this is my first serious relationship. It's much harder than what you think.
  • Leaz947
    Options
    I'd say you need to lose 70kg right away.

Are you implying for me to cease to exist? :p Even then, my ashes will still weigh something, I'll never lose my entire weight :(
  • Leaz947
    Options
    find someone who appreciates you for who you are.

Ohhhhh I just realised now that you weren't talking about me, I feel so dumb. Haha.
  • Shan_Lindsay
    Shan_Lindsay Posts: 60 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    What are your reasons for staying?
  • Leaz947
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    OP, I'm genuinely curious, when you posted this, what sort of advice were you looking for? Because stating up front that you aren't interested in leaving him, you had to have known that was going to be the majority of the advice you would get. And if you knew that was the advice you'd get, then you must have at least considered this already, and decided you weren't willing to do that (whatever your reasons are). So what sort of advice did you hope for? Ways to humiliate him and make him feel as bad as he makes you? Ways to drop the weight quickly so you can achieve the perfect girlfriend body that he is hoping for? Because people aren't going to give you any of that sort of advice - so I'm failing to see what can happen here, other than just validation and sympathy? I not really big on that sort of thing, so I'm just going to suggest that you seek counseling and a backbone.

I am not exact sure what I'm looking for if I'm completely honest with you, I realise what the real solution is yet I am still not capable of coming to terms with it, I agree with you about growing a backbone, it is something I used to have but now I have become weak I guess. I'm not looking for sympathy, I am being desperate and trying to look for a solution that I'm beginning to think doesn't exist just to keep my relationship afloat, I don't want to give up on a person that I love so dearly. I'm sorry for annoying you all so much.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    How old are you OP?
  • Leaz947
    Options
    have you tried defending yourself?
    if so what happens
    the only person who ever told me to lose weight was my nurse and that was annoying, but to be fair i was obese back then and blood pressure was high.

If I try to defend myself with anything else he tells me to stop debating and that he has more experience than what I do (because he is 3 years older than me). This is what he says with every single criticism and if I fight back he ignores me or tells me to *kitten* off. Beautiful, I know. The thing is that I recently found out that he has a couple of personality disorders which really explain everything to me but I feel bad about not understanding them.
  • BuffMom84
    BuffMom84 Posts: 180 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Dump his sorry butt! Guy sounds like a loser to me strictly based on what you said. I don't know maybe he has good qualities you haven't told us about but I doubt it. I was in a relationship a long time ago with a man who verbally abused me and made me feel bad about my physical appearance but it still took me a while to dump him so I can understand what you are going through.

I probably don't weigh too much less than my skinny husband and he's 7" taller than me. He doesn't care how much I weigh and was surprised when I told him I'm losing weight. And when I told him I lost 3.6 lbs last week, he congratulated me. That's the kind of support you need.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    zorander6 wrote: »
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    You should request that he gain weight by lifting then. Your BMI is 22.2 which is a completely healthy weight (Not chubby at all, strike that from your mind!) He's only 154 lbs. Is he short or rail thin? Sounds to me like maybe he should bulk up.

Why does he think his opinion on it should be voiced at all? He sounds like a douche and you should tell him to smarten up.

Ugh I hate when people say crap like that to people they supposedly care about.

I'm not actually saying to take the course of action I just suggested... but it is nice fantasizing about it.

Speaking as a guy that level of douche-baggery can't be cured, only removed.

Thanks! I didn't read the whole post.. and then I did. I officially changed my response haha.