Boyfriends standards of weight?

Replies

• Leaz947
    Leaz947 Posts: 69 Member
    How old are you OP?

A beautiful age of 18, somewhat immature compared to the rest of you with no experience of life whatsoever, just trying to find ways to solve things and failing miserably. It's weird to think that other people pass through things like this and get over it. I have been living on my own since I was 15 so I might have slightly more experience than the average 18 year old but not by much. I know that it makes everything clearer to most of the people commenting because you're older and understand more but to me this is extremely complicated and terrifying.
  • Leaz947
    Leaz947 Posts: 69 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    OP, I'm genuinely curious, when you posted this, what sort of advice were you looking for? Because stating up front that you aren't interested in leaving him, you had to have known that was going to be the majority of the advice you would get. And if you knew that was the advice you'd get, then you must have at least considered this already, and decided you weren't willing to do that (whatever your reasons are). So what sort of advice did you hope for? Ways to humiliate him and make him feel as bad as he makes you? Ways to drop the weight quickly so you can achieve the perfect girlfriend body that he is hoping for? Because people aren't going to give you any of that sort of advice - so I'm failing to see what can happen here, other than just validation and sympathy? I not really big on that sort of thing, so I'm just going to suggest that you seek counseling and a backbone.

I am not exact sure what I'm looking for if I'm completely honest with you, I realise what the real solution is yet I am still not capable of coming to terms with it, I agree with you about growing a backbone, it is something I used to have but now I have become weak I guess. I'm not looking for sympathy, I am being desperate and trying to look for a solution that I'm beginning to think doesn't exist just to keep my relationship afloat, I don't want to give up on a person that I love so dearly. I'm sorry for annoying you all so much.

what is it that you love so dearly about him?

How he sometimes is and how he used to be. I swore to myself that I would never leave the person I grew to love no matter what but the thing is that now he is nearly a completely different person. I don't know why, perhaps it's because when I met him he didn't have a job and then he got a job, found out he was great at his job and got lots of confidence from that because he is only 21. But perhaps it's my fault, I'm quite immature so I guess that that would bring a person down.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    How old are you OP?

A beautiful age of 18, somewhat immature compared to the rest of you with no experience of life whatsoever, just trying to find ways to solve things and failing miserably. It's weird to think that other people pass through things like this and get over it. I have been living on my own since I was 15 so I might have slightly more experience than the average 18 year old but not by much. I know that it makes everything clearer to most of the people commenting because you're older and understand more but to me this is extremely complicated and terrifying.

Grow a backbone early. It will get you through life better. Things I wish someone told me earlier.
    Girl

Did ya swallow the moon :)

Nope having a baby tomorrow. :p

ETA- It could be worse... I could have gained more everywhere. :p
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    How old are you OP?

Grow a backbone early. It will get you through life better. Things I wish someone told me earlier.
    Girl

Tomorrow? Squeal

Good luck
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    How old are you OP?

Girl

Tomorrow? Squeal

Good luck

Thankies! :smiley: