Options
    Peep!

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair*

BBL

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,874 Member
    Options

Missy! Congratulations on that awesome weight loss!

Good for you, and good for all of us who can catch some inspiration as we grab onto your coattails!

Hugs,

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Sara - you are getting rain, which I've learned is a good thing, although maybe Miss Tillie doesn't like to walk out there in it.

DH and I have no immediate family nearby so we are no longer bound by any obligations to "gather" on Thursday. We have been going to a festive Italian restaurant in our neighborhood, and, although they offer the traditional meal, we end up with our Italian favorites for our official Thanksgiving meal. I get there only once or twice per year, so I am looking forward to it! Queasy and all.

DH has come home with a sore throat and ear infection, so he is doing worse than I am! Sheesh. He gets sick at the drop of a hat. He gets something at least 5 times per year. I think it's mostly psychological, because that's a lot of colds and infections. Although he brought this one home with him. I won't catch it; I just have that confidence. :P

Time for a shower and then heating up some homemade steel cut oatmeal, adding raisins and walnuts. An homage to Sara~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Lana - card in mail tomorrow with the holidays, who knows when you might get it.....Bathing suits? My last one fell apart (internal shelf thing) it was so old. Cruise?? Details please.

Miss Tillie does better when I put on her red turtleneck (red so cars can see her more quickly) but rain is not her thing, we got a full walk in this morning so we were lucky.

I have had pancakes for Thanksgiving so I am not a traditionalist.

Did some reading on colds/allergies - children get at least 6 colds a year. Drinking hot liquids and keeping the hot water bottle handy. Will try and read watch dvd to pass time.

Bought a fresh vegetable stir fry mix to go with the fried rice I will make today so I am not turkey overloaded. Also will bake sweet potatoes to fry up with sausage and eggs.

Every other day I put PB2 into my oatmeal for variety and a little more protein. Lady who runs cafe offers butter for the oatmeal - yes I did try it and wowie is it good.

Missy / Gem that kind of weight loss is a real motivator - excellent job and good for you.

BBL

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Cruise. I have to have something to look forward to. There will be a resting period of time at the end of January top of February when the chemo will be finished with, but it will be too soon to finish the reconstruction surgery or do radiation.

There is a Royal Caribbean ship The Anthem of the Seas that sails out of NYC (Cape Liberty NJ) year round--no flying (can't fly because of lymphedema risk). There's a 12-nighter going on January 26th. So I'm dreaming about maybe doing that. I can't book it quite yet because I can't assume my chemo will stay on schedule. I may book it at the end of December or top of January if they still have vacancy.

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sunday night

Wreath done. New slim snowman-themed Christmas tree up and decorated in the basement family room. (Needs more ornaments). Groceries purchased and at least a plan for the first part of the week made. Will need to hit the grocery store again on Tuesday night or Wednesday as we did not get ingredients for pasta salad we are making for Thursday. Also found DD a pair of dress shoes for Christmas on clearance!!!

Baked pumpkin pie last night and it is good! I think we will bake another on Wednesday to bring on Thursday. I only ate a couple of bites to taste it. Have no idea what my weight is right now and am trying to stay on track. DH also brought home a caramel apple pie from the grocery store yesterday and I think I've eaten a total of 1 piece. 1/2 yesterday and 1/2 today. Concentrating on water and no other sweets.

I did buy batteries for the scale today and will check my weight tomorrow. "Time of month" arrived in full-force overnight, so that will also generally add weight for a couple of days. My skinny jeans felt very snug today. :(

Stressing out about what to wear to Thanksgiving with the skinny people. DH and I decided all 5 of us are wearing plaid shirts! :) I had bought a blue/white plaid with a navy blue vest. I think it looks pretty good and yet today I wore it to church and felt very wide. Contemplating finding a different one. I saw a cute one at the mall today but didn't try it on. Grey and mint green. May run back tomorrow on my lunch break and try it. But then would need to find a vest to hide my muffin top! Although considering wearing leggings rather than jeans. Maybe no muffin top then? But the vest is nice to break up the plaid. Worried about those darn pictures!

Lana - glad to hear you are doing okay. Praying you don't get DH's cold!

Sara - Hope you are feeling better!

Gem - Congrats on the great WI!

Have a good evening everyone!
  • Soulwriter
    Soulwriter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just starting again I'm a week in with trail walking and counting calories again heres to hoping :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning. Dog got me up, she is fed and all taken care of. Waiting for hot water to boil for hot water bottle. I can get another 90 minutes of sleep in I will take it.

Stood on scale and number is encouraging, but didnt have the official weigh in outfit on......

Will stop by later, maybe bewteen apts.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    okay official weigh in, I lost 0.4 which got me to goal weight for the week.

face hurts from the congestion - looking for comfort where I can find it today.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

I am having a terrible couple of days here with DH. I swear he subconsciously wants to upstage me. This has happened in the past--If I am sick, he has to be sicker. Facts aside, that's where I'm at. I need to be lifted up and taken care of. Instead I'm in a sick ward that smells of his newest fad thing--the lemongrass, lemon, ginger, and GARLIC tea. Blech. I've got to get out of this apartment today. Somehow.

Annie -! I feel pain when I read about you and your relatives and the stressing about what to wear and what will everyone look like in the photos. We all of us have been carrying these weights (no pun intended) with us for so long.
    On the flip side I do admire and applaud your energy and oomph to do so much decorating and holiday preparations. My mother always had that get up and go for holidays.

Next year wear black. Black takes the pounds off. And a stylish colorful sarong worn as a scarf. Lots of volume and breaks up the look.

BBL

Lana

• ASalner
    Options
    MONDAY

Yep, scale was bad. Not as bad as I feared, but bad enough. No wonder pants feel snug. I have been playing with this same 3 lbs for the last several months and I'm on the high end of those 3 lbs as of this morning. Clearly I need to change something in order to see the drop I desire.

Eyes are watery today. Time to buy for allergy eye drops.

Short week. Only one full day today. Tomorrow leaving early to take DD to semi-annual medication re-check. Looking forward to some relaxing days ahead! Hoping DD doesn't have too much homework tonight. Need to bake a dessert for work tomorrow.

177.8 Highest Weight Ever
    153.0 (up 2.2 from WI on 11/4/16)
    148.8 - lowest weight so far this calendar year, 4/8/16
    145.0 - lowest weight achieved with WW - July 2014
    140.0 - goal weight

• 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Happy Monday, y'all!

Thought I'd check in. MFP and I haven't been getting along lately, but I've been losing weight nonetheless. Down a few more pounds. Slow progress is still progress. Thanksgiving is Thursday, and I'm cooking for six people, myself included. That'll be a chore. Told my boyfriend and roommate that they are absolutely banned from the kitchen from 8-6. I do not care if they want to make lunch, they can go to my boyfriend's brothers apartment and make it!

Also, ordered a pair of jeans from Old Navy today. I haven't bought jeans in the past 10 pounds.. I have no idea what size i am. Their website said a 2, but if I am that's massively vanity sized. Got a 2, 4, and 6. Just going to return the two that don't fit in person. The struggle :/

I think this Topo Chico is the only thing getting me through the morning. Well, that and the fact that I get to see my favorite slam poet tonight. (Is it normal to have a favorite slam poet? Thats the one positive thing that carried over from my last relationship, I think.)

Lana- GARLIC TEA? The mere thought makes me nauseated. Definitely try to get out today.

167- Highest Weight Ever
    153- Weight after first round of weight loss
    148.4- Current Weight
    135- Goal Weight

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    okay official weigh in, I lost 0.4 which got me to goal weight for the week.

face hurts from the congestion - looking for comfort where I can find it today.

Wow! Sara I am so happy for you! Congratulations on hitting that mark you were aiming for!

So sorry about the hurting face!

Hugs,
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Sam!!!!!!
    So good to see you!

Congratulations on the lost pounds! You are doing well!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Take control of that kitchen!

(going to look up topo chico and slam poet.....)

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Between apts - hardest one first ob/gyn 4th exam in 3 months -yuck - there is something extra coming my way hopefully not food b/p is high and will probably have to take meds...... Lana tea sounded great until Garlic. Get out of there for even a short time.

Laundry on tap for Thanksgiving weekend, not exciting but needs to get done.

Annie stick one of your children in front of you when pictures are taken.

I will also have to look up topo chico and slam poet, between next apts.....
  • ASalner
    Options
    Sara, I always do! That is what kids are for! :) But then my stepmom always wants one of just my sister and I with my dad. Grrrr! No one to hide behind there. I'm going shopping after work to try on one of the other shirts I saw yesterday. I've got a little time before I have to pick up kids.

And Sara - sorry to hear about b/p. I constantly worry about that because my mom has high b/p and I'm built just like her. Mine has crept up a bit to being more "normal" after always being low when I was younger. DH just had a really high reading at the dentist. We have a machine at home and I told him we both should start checking our b/p regularly and if his stays high, he should really go to the doctor.

Good luck with the rest of of your appts!
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Sam!!!!!!
    So good to see you!

Congratulations on the lost pounds! You are doing well!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Take control of that kitchen!

(going to look up topo chico and slam poet.....)

Lana

Thanks, Lana! One of our guests as celiacs so I'm partially kicking them out due to grumpiness and partially due to the gluten sanitation factor.

(If you want a great example of slam poetry/spoken word poets, I'd recommend looking up Anis Mojgani on youtube. Or Buddy Wakefield!)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Home, dog is fed and I am just wiped out. Dental apt was not a big surprise and I dont have to pay all at once as there are separate things to do, so that helps.

Dinner is eggs/ potato and chicken sausage. I see a nap before dinner, lets see if dog cooperates!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Fell asleep and woke up with a honker of a headache. Tylenol is a wonderful thing. Tea kettle on to make hot water bottle. Looking for comfort where I can find it. Will work on a project Tues/Wed at work that with any luck does not involve using the phone. Too hoarse.

Will curl up and get what sleep I can, wishing all a great evening.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Ammey68 wrote: »
    Sara- I am attaching a picture of a bullet journal. It's similar to how I'm making mine. Basically, I bought a plain journal with no lines or formatting in it, and I'm drawing/coloring in my own calendar pages and making other organizational tools. It's a lot of fun and a lot of work, but mostly right now, I'm happy about having something to do with my time other than eat!

Lana- Thinking about you and I'm hoping you're starting to feel a bit better now that some time has passed!

Sam- I hope you're feeling better as well!

Annie- Good job on the .6 lb loss! That's awesome. Just keep it up and you'll be losing more before you know it. I wish that I knew of spots in my areas to hike... That sounds like a lot of fun. I guess I just need to wait until Monday the 24th- my friend has planned a hike up a mountain! :o

QOTD: I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow, and I'm hoping to get a new batch of salad ingredients for lunches. Having a healthy lunch always helps me stay on track for the rest of the day. I'm a big fan currently of spinach, seasoned chicken breast, and bacon salads. Strange combo, I know, but the meat makes it flavorful enough to eat without dressing or other bad stuff.

97kwwxh830bi.jpg

I love bujoing!