Any anime fans in here?

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sweet. I need more anime to watch. I usually like long running series but every now and again it's nice to get complete a quick series.

Parasyte the Maxim and Akame Ga Kill are good too. Inuyasha was really well done too.
  • emmibarlo555
    emmibarlo555 Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Ahaha it felt like I was the only one too!! I'll have to recommend either kiznaiver, nobunagun or Aoharu x Machinegun If you haven't watched them already, you have to check them out, I'm sure you won't regret it ^_^
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Well y'all have given me some suggestions so I guess i should throw some out as well

Fate/Zero=If you like action anime and you have netflix you need to get your life together and watch this. The action is great and the animation is A plus

Terror In Resonance- If you like more thriller like anime you should definitely give this a watch, it has a bit of a death note feel to it and the soundtrack is beautiful

MIchiko & Hatchin-Great drama series with a little bit of action and comedy mixed in. it's one of those shows where it's more about the journey rather than the destination. i really liked the relationship between the two ain characters.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Sweet. I need more anime to watch. I usually like long running series but every now and again it's nice to get complete a quick series.

Parasyte the Maxim and Akame Ga Kill are good too. Inuyasha was really well done too.
    Oh god, it was really nice to see this being made into a well done anime. It was the first manga I finished.

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Hajime no Ippo. It's a little older and about boxing. I found it pretty inspiring and is based on actually boxing. It's pretty funny too.
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    Hajime no Ippo. It's a little older and about boxing. I found it pretty inspiring and is based on actually boxing. It's pretty funny too.

this has been on my list of shows to check out for so long.I had somebody recommend it to me after I watched Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple, so much anime, so little time.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I was thinking about more recent shows to suggest and came up with two things, Ping Pong: The Animation and Samurai Flamenco.

I cannot recommend Ping Pong enough. It was probably my favorite series that year.
    Samurai Flamenco is a wild ride.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    Samurai Champloo, hunter x hunter, madoka magica, one piece, claymore, seven deadly sins
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I watch anime mostly as a way to cope with certain things. The animes that I have watched over the past year were Kenshin, Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, School Days, Mirai Nikki, Elfen Lied, and Madoka Magica.
  • cee134
    Options
    Favorite Anime Movies? Ninja Scroll is in the top 10 for me.
  • Cerealsensei
    edited October 2016
    Options

Ninja scroll is definitely top ten, probably top 5.

Other notables for me would be

Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade
    Fatal Fury The Motion Picture
    Karas
    Sword Of The Stranger
    Street Fighter 2 The Animated Movie
  • cee134
    Options

Ninja scroll is definitely top ten, probably top 5.

Other notables for me would be

Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade
    Fatal Fury The Motion Picture
    Karas
    Sword Of The Steanger
    Street Fighter 2 The Animated Movie

I also really like
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Lupin the III The Castle of Cagliostro

And I can't forget, maybe my favorite,
    Vampire Hunter D
  • emmibarlo555
    emmibarlo555 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Any Hayao Miyazaki movie is worth watching to me. Although one of my favourites would have to be bakemono no ko, it's on Netflix as the boy and the beast
  • rambunction
    rambunction Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm really big into anime. I'm 27 so I feel there aren't many peers out there, but it is my main hobby. This season my favourite anime is likely Poco's Udon World (but this season isn't the best ever, honestly). I wouldn't say I have an ultimate favourite....the first anime I ever watched was Escaflowne.
  • cee134
    Options
  • cee134
    Options
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Another manga / anime recommendation: The pacing might be an issue, but I really enjoy Space Brothers. It's a cozy slice of life.
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    yourlieinapril.jpg

This isn't my typical genre to watch but I've had this recommended to me a few times so I think I'll give this a shot in between watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    I'm really big into anime. I'm 27 so I feel there aren't many peers out there, but it is my main hobby. This season my favourite anime is likely Poco's Udon World (but this season isn't the best ever, honestly). I wouldn't say I have an ultimate favourite....the first anime I ever watched was Escaflowne.

I watched the Escaflowne movie a long time ago but i never saw the show, it looked pretty good from what i remember
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    Has anyone been watching some good shows lately?