Any anime fans in here?

Options

Replies

• elle_bear_11
    elle_bear_11 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I finished Hunter x Huntr and thought it was really good, started Parasyte Maxim..and its good so far..people recommend Black Butler..
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've heard really good things about Parasyte, I've been meaning to watch Hunter X Hunter for the longest, i feel like it stares at me every time i log onto netflix
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I like anime and manga. The first anime I saw was "Slayers".
    Right now I'm watching "Working!!".
  • teddysashabear
    teddysashabear Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out durarara and assassination classroom. Also Nagi no asukara is amazing and really underrated.
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    Currently watching Psycho Pass. Annnd it's amazing!!

Not even joking when i say this is one of my all time favorite anime's. So many good characters, those dominator guns are awesome, i could go on and on. The movie was pretty good to.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Has anyone been watching some good shows lately?
    I've been catching up to manga and sticking with Jojo part 4 and some stuff I mentioned earlier.

Flip Flappers is still airing and has been really good.

• Cerealsensei
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Has anyone been watching some good shows lately?
    I've been catching up to manga and sticking with Jojo part 4 and some stuff I mentioned earlier.

Flip Flappers is still airing and has been really good.

im still about 2 episodes behind on Jojo, I need to catch up
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    You really should consider reading the parts that haven't been made into an anime. Part 3 is my overall least favorite part, part 5... maybe wait for the anime? the manga translations are terrible, part six is slow in parts but has the strongest ending, part 7 is very solid and a fan favorite, part 8 is ongoing and again, very solid (does take advantage of the bizarre part of Bizarre Adventures)
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Psycho pass was really good!
    If you guys have Netflix but would like something not so dark, I'd reccomend Magi, Adventures of Sinbad, Seven deadly sins and Guren Lagann some of my favourites!
    If you like the darker ones, Attack on titan and Fulletal Alchemist Brotherhood are amazing!
  • Sha1911
    edited November 2016
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    Some of you are too young to know what anime really is lol........

I'm assuming I'm one of those people? Lol
    I just mentioned the ones on netflix, as they'd be the most easily accessible.
    By the way, I was never a fan of Bleach lol, I prefer Naruto and Fairy Tail.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I watch a few hours of anime every week (subs to Crunchyroll & Funimation) as passive input since I study Japanese.
    My favorite is probably Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu because it is funny, but I'll watch almost anything.

I usually watch SOL & comedies since they don't have as many irregular, archaic or simply made-up words & terms like the stuff in mecha, fantasy, etc. does.

Preferably in Japanese without subtitles or in Japanese with Japanese subtitles.
    Japanese with English subtitles is acceptable. Never English dubbed.
    English dubs defeat the purpose of me watching anime when I could be studying grammar and vocabulary instead.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    Hajime no Ippo. It's a little older and about boxing. I found it pretty inspiring and is based on actually boxing. It's pretty funny too.

Thanks, I'll check Hajime no Ippo out. We do some boxing in my program.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    What kind do you like? Fluffy stuff like Ouran high host club? Atm, I am watching Black Butler which I like a lot.
  • Sha1911
    Options
    Sha1911 wrote: »

Love love love Naruto!

Yeah, I've watched Naruto since I was 10 years old lol
    I personally prefer Fairy Tail, it's cheesy at times, but you should definitely check it out.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

Love love love Naruto!

Yeah, I've watched Naruto since I was 10 years old lol
    I personally prefer Fairy Tail, it's cheesy at times, but you should definitely check it out.

Fairy Tail, One Piece, and Case Closed (Detective Conan) are some of my favorite long running animes.
  • Sha1911
    Options

Certain arcs are better than others......naruto is my brother's favorite. I bought him a jacket for Christmas......I have a 10yo client that has Inuyasha as her favorite anime.......sessions with her are awesome =).

Haha that is so cool, I never finished watching Inuyasha, but she has good taste lol