New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    avskk wrote: »
    I used this in a stir-fry last night and it was legiiiiiiit. So, so good -- and I've always been super resistant to using cauliflower to fake other foods. I'll definitely be buying more.

I make pizza crust with it, http://detoxinista.com/2014/02/vegan-cauliflower-pizza-crust/, we use it for stuffed peppers and stirfry too. My hubs uses it for pasta on occasion.

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    5wp5b91y9r2b.jpg

Cyber Monday sales may have let me down, but my Wegmans sure didn't! They had all of the new Halo Top flavors IN STOCK so this is what my current haul of ice cream looks like :')
    I will say, when you have 11 pints of ice cream in your cart you get some weird looks.
    But I have no shame <3 I wouldn't have this problem if it wasn't for this thread probably so it's all your fault everyone but I love you all dearly for it <3

Beautiful, just beautiful.
    My favorite is the peanut butter.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited November 2016
    We fiiiiiiinally got Kirkland protein bars at Costco in my part of Canada and I was so excited because they were $24 for 20...when I buy Quest bars at GNC they are at least $70 for 24 (and none of the online places you guys can get them cheaper ship to Canada at lower prices) so I was waiting for this super anxiously because I have one for breakfast every day.

imageService?profileId=12026540&itemId=1076882-847&recipeName=680

They're totally fine. Cookie dough and brownie are two of my least-liked flavours of Quest bar, but these Kirkland ones taste better IMO and the cookie dough actually tastes like cookie dough (there's a great buttery-ness I enjoy a lot.) For the price, it's no contest. I'll probably still pick up a box or two of Quest once in a while when I can't take any more chocolate flavour (I love the apple pie, banana nut muffin, blueberry muffin, and cinnamon roll Quests) but seriously, for pretty much identical macros at 1/3 price? It's my new everyday breakfast for sure.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    peleroja wrote: »
    We fiiiiiiinally got Kirkland protein bars at Costco in my part of Canada and I was so excited because they were $24 for 20...when I buy Quest bars at GNC they are at least $70 for 24 (and none of the online places you guys can get them cheaper ship to Canada at lower prices) so I was waiting for this super anxiously because I have one for breakfast every day.

They're totally fine. Cookie dough and brownie are two of my least-liked flavours of Quest bar, but these Kirkland ones taste better IMO and the cookie dough actually tastes like cookie dough (there's a great buttery-ness I enjoy a lot.) For the price, it's no contest. I'll probably still pick up a box or two of Quest once in a while when I can't take any more chocolate flavour (I love the apple pie, banana nut muffin, blueberry muffin, and cinnamon roll Quests) but seriously, for pretty much identical macros at 1/3 price? It's my new everyday breakfast for sure.
    !!!!!
    Which province are you in @peleroja ? I'm in Quebec and have been waiting for these for a very long time!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    peleroja wrote: »

!!!!!
    Which province are you in @peleroja ? I'm in Quebec and have been waiting for these for a very long time!

Alberta. I know you guys have some stricter import restrictions so you might have to wait a little longer while they get everything sorted, but you should look the next time you're there as I just noticed them last Friday (and we go often and I've been checking for months.)
  • TinaKen2016
    TinaKen2016 Posts: 8 Member
    Pretty new here but couldn't find a Pizza crust we liked, found golden home ultra thin pizza crust.

With some sauce Turkey pepperoni mozzarella and a few veggies

It was great
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    avskk wrote: »
    r23n8u3gdgfn.jpg

I used this in a stir-fry last night and it was legiiiiiiit. So, so good -- and I've always been super resistant to using cauliflower to fake other foods. I'll definitely be buying more.

I also saw that Costco started carrying riced cauliflower in their refrigerated produce section. I bought some and used it to stretch some burrito filling. No one noticed at all.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    5wp5b91y9r2b.jpg

Cyber Monday sales may have let me down, but my Wegmans sure didn't! They had all of the new Halo Top flavors IN STOCK so this is what my current haul of ice cream looks like :')
    I will say, when you have 11 pints of ice cream in your cart you get some weird looks.
    But I have no shame <3 I wouldn't have this problem if it wasn't for this thread probably so it's all your fault everyone but I love you all dearly for it <3

Now that is my kind of haul! Can't wait to hear your reviews.

I e-mailed Blue Bunny a few weeks ago & asked if the company was going to be releasing Holidoodle this year & they replied that it has been discontinued. That was my favorite ice cream last holiday season.

I get you on the weird looks, because I know I'll get some weird looks on Thursday when I spend my special 25% discount at Wal-Mart. I'm hoping the local Wal-Mart I go to has the newest Ben & Jerry's cake flavored ice cream or the new Oreo bar candy bar.

At the Grocery Outlet when it first opened I had bought so much ice cream that the one cashier there made comments every time I went into the store.

That actually breaks my heart... Holidoodle was my favorite.
    I wonder why they'd discontinue it! I'm definitely writing to them now, hopefully if they have enough customers bother them about it they'll bring it back next year!

I also noticed this on a candy blog I follow, it was supposedly spotted at Hy-Vee, but I don't have any near me so hopefully Shoprite or Walmart carries it soon, very intrigued to say the least!
    vn7rj7y7jq04.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    5wp5b91y9r2b.jpg

I e-mailed Blue Bunny a few weeks ago & asked if the company was going to be releasing Holidoodle this year & they replied that it has been discontinued. That was my favorite ice cream last holiday season.

I get you on the weird looks, because I know I'll get some weird looks on Thursday when I spend my special 25% discount at Wal-Mart. I'm hoping the local Wal-Mart I go to has the newest Ben & Jerry's cake flavored ice cream or the new Oreo bar candy bar.

At the Grocery Outlet when it first opened I had bought so much ice cream that the one cashier there made comments every time I went into the store.

I wonder why they'd discontinue it! I'm definitely writing to them now, hopefully if they have enough customers bother them about it they'll bring it back next year!

I also noticed this on a candy blog I follow, it was supposedly spotted at Hy-Vee, but I don't have any near me so hopefully Shoprite or Walmart carries it soon, very intrigued to say the least!
    vn7rj7y7jq04.jpg

I found the hummus at Grocery Outlet & tried the Snickerdoodle & it was just alright. I've found that I'm not a huge hummus fan in general.

http://www.radioiowa.com/2016/10/11/blue-bunnys-hoppin-holidoodle-ice-cream-under-voluntary-recall/

Apparently Holidoodle was in limited release to six states, but was recalled because of possible listeria from the snickerdoodle pieces.
  • hgycta
    5wp5b91y9r2b.jpg

vn7rj7y7jq04.jpg

I found the hummus at Grocery Outlet & tried the Snickerdoodle & it was just alright. I've found that I'm not a huge hummus fan in general.

http://www.radioiowa.com/2016/10/11/blue-bunnys-hoppin-holidoodle-ice-cream-under-voluntary-recall/

Apparently Holidoodle was in limited release to six states, but was recalled because of possible listeria from the snickerdoodle pieces.

Oh wow, well hopefully they figure out how to resolve this because I still want the ice cream darn it! xD

I just tried the Red Velvet Halo Top (I'm a sucker for all red velvet products) and I enjoyed it, but I'm disappointed. It's just as satisfying as Breyer's or Friendly's ice cream, but it's not at all close to replacing Ben & Jerry's Red Velvet Cake flavor for me. The red velvet base and chocolate are good, but it would've really improved with some cream cheese swirls and cocoa swirls, too. It needs more. This being said, it is 360 calories for the entire thing so I'm definitely getting it again at some point!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Got to get me some of those Kirkland bars
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    5wp5b91y9r2b.jpg

vn7rj7y7jq04.jpg

Oh wow, well hopefully they figure out how to resolve this because I still want the ice cream darn it! xD
    Blue Bell still hasn't released their Christmas cookie flavor. :disappointed:

They have a hot chocolate flavor that sounds good.

I tried the Stacy's gingerbread pita chips. They were a little more cinnamoney than expected but great.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Turkey Hill red velvet is a seasonal flavor, but it's 170 calories per 66 grams and great
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I like the packaging on the Ona bars.

31017814425_337b4c4dba_z.jpg?resize=550%2C613&ssl=1
    I really want to try this, but having to turn on the oven ever time I want to heat 400 calories worth kills the chances of me buying them.

I tried both the original and the chocolate deep fried twinkies and enjoyed both, but honestly after having them baked in the oven and straight out of the freezer I honestly think they're better enjoyed frozen anyways x) I'm definitely keeping an eye out for these although it would have been nice for Hostess to do something a little more seasonal than this. A gingerbread or eggnog one would have been incredible!

I tried the white peppermint ones tonight after stalking the shelves at Meijer for weeks, and I was not too impressed. Kinda tasted soapy to me. :( A gingerbread one sounds incredible though! I'd buy that if they sold them!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2016
    8exbs1lj60cm.png
    8oi2lpnrldyh.png
    look at the difference. I think i am too picky about consistency I used to get annoyed when my quest bar boxes would differ slightly from box to box LOL.

Have any of you ever tried the sweet hummus?? I always see it am not sure how I would use it. Maybe as dip with pretzels?
  • hgycta
    edited November 2016
    8exbs1lj60cm.png
    8oi2lpnrldyh.png
    look at the difference. I think i am too picky about consistency I used to get annoyed when my quest bar boxes would differ slightly from box to box LOL.

That is crazy! I wonder what the company would say if you sent that to them o:?

I also got an email this morning from the vitamin shoppe, looks like they're having their 12 days of deals again! Kind of weird it started so late but I've noticed more companies seem to be having their sales later this year... as long as one of those sales will be Quest and more than 20% I'll certainly be stocking up!