The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Yes, but you probably look good lifting weights. I look like a dork trying to lift weight. :smile: I know a few people that can't get motivated to exercise at home. My brother has about 5 pieces of equipment that have become glorified clothes lines.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have a home gym, but I just don't have the space, or the $.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I like that with my night job, they are flexible with the dress code. I can just go to work wearing gym clothes and then I am able to hit the gym right after my shift ends in the morning. Makes the need to go home first to change and get that temptation to skip non-existent.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Going home 1st is NOT an option. I don't leave once I get home. :-)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    rlpomeroy wrote: »
    Yeah. Going home 1st is NOT an option. I don't leave once I get home. :-)

Same. When I worked nights, I'd pack my gym bag and take it to work with me. The only thing that was a drag about that was when it was winter and I'd forget and leave my bag in the car overnight. You have not lived until you've put on a sports bra that's been sitting in 15F temp all night!
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Jennifer! Ha ha! I've been there too. I tried wearing my sports bra throughout my shift a few times but didn't like that either.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I work with day walkers now but we get an hour for lunch. We can take it whenever during the day as long as the other dispatcher is here and we can do whatever so I workout in the gym upstairs. I try to get in there by 630am and get it over with lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @jennifer_417 - LOL. Sitting on a vinyl seat in 0 degree weather because I forgot my sweat pants and didn't want to change back into my uniform was bad enough. I'll pass on the 15 degree sports bra. At least I could try warming up the truck for a little bit to warm the seat up a little.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm disappointed in myself for not applying to a job that had a deadline for application. :disappointed:
    I'm getting to the point now where I REALLY want out of here. I swear though, if Amazon(or any of their recruiting affiliates) calls me ONE MORE STINKING TIME, I'm going to go on a freaking tirade on the poor soul who is on the other end of that phone.
    I've NEVER had a company so desperate to hire me. They called me EVERY DAY FOR 2 WEEKS!
    I just don't see the drive being worth while.
    I also want to stick it out with this job for a while because (hopefully) my insurance will be paying for the majority of my surgery. :mrgreen:

ETA: But once that's done, I'm outta here.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Good evening night peeps! @BodyByBex Well shucks, if they're that persistent... tell them to make it worth your while financially.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Good morning night crew just coming back to mfp and figured I'd stop in.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @nammer79 - Welcome back. :smile:
    @BodyByBex - Terra has a point. I know they really want to hire over the holidays, but tell them to make it worth your while. If they do, great! If they can't, maybe they'll quit calling.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »
    I'm disappointed in myself for not applying to a job that had a deadline for application. :disappointed:
    I'm getting to the point now where I REALLY want out of here. I swear though, if Amazon(or any of their recruiting affiliates) calls me ONE MORE STINKING TIME, I'm going to go on a freaking tirade on the poor soul who is on the other end of that phone.
    I've NEVER had a company so desperate to hire me. They called me EVERY DAY FOR 2 WEEKS!
    I also want to stick it out with this job for a while because (hopefully) my insurance will be paying for the majority of my surgery. :mrgreen:

Wait I've missed something. What surgery are you having?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »

Wait I've missed something. What surgery are you having?

You didn't miss anything. It's a not so recent but very permanent decision I have made regarding my future and I am SO relieved and excited.

If everything pans out with my insurance and stuff, I plan on having a laparoscopic tubal ligation done.
    I've thought about it and researched it for years and finally brought it up with my doctor and she totally agreed. My reasons are my own and she believes them, without even fully knowing what they all are.
    So hopefully, everything will work out and I can get it done before this year's end.

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's a slow night and I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open. Maybe it's time for a quick nap. I already tried the exercise bike but that didn't do it. Hope a quick nap works. I've got a lot of records from earlier today.
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It has been a very "good" night for a Saturday! Hoping to make it til 7am still being able to say that.

I sure am sleepy, though!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I don't think people realize it's Sunday morning and raining out...I'm already tired of the phone ringing lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We had someone call for the day clinic. When I said we are the emergency clinic and their phones forward to us, she said, "I thought Central was open on Saturday." I told they haven't been open on Saturday for 8 years. She paused like she either didn't know what year it was or like she didn't believe me. I'm not sure when the last time she used their clinic is but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been on a Saturday for quite some time.
  • jennifer_417
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I put in a application at a hotel 7 minutes' drive from my house. I don't even really want to go back to auditing, but if I have to, this place is the best option. Probably.

@BodyByBex -that's an intense decision. I'm glad you're happy!