ROW the WORLD - Team Jack SparRow Row Row (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• MindyLynn77
    MindyLynn77 Posts: 126
    Options
    oh and..thanks for all the welcomes :)
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Recorded to here - still missing 6 for today

So, what are your plans for Saturday TRIPLE MILES??? Saturday is my jump/body weight training day, so I am looking forward to at least 500-600.

How do you guys burn over 1000? I mean, besides Zumba. LOL Are you working out twice? I'm just curious here...

Great job guys!!
  • charitydc
    charitydc Posts: 106
    Options
    Welcome Min! I'm so glad you're on board! Yay, my southern twin! You so got this!

I am going to apologize. Today is the first day this month, that I didn't workout :(.I am sorry. I think my body needs a lil rest. I'm back on tomorrow and Sat is kickboxing class and a few min on the elliptical...I'm hoping for a 900 cal burn for triple day!
  • charitydc
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Recorded to here - still missing 6 for today

So, what are your plans for Saturday TRIPLE MILES??? Saturday is my jump/body weight training day, so I am looking forward to at least 500-600.

How do you guys burn over 1000? I mean, besides Zumba. LOL Are you working out twice? I'm just curious here...

Great job guys!!

I know for myself, days that I have higher calorie counts...I do back to back classes at the gym. Or I get to the gym early so I can get extra time on a elliptical machine or bike. I wish I burned like that everyday though. That would be kinda awesome!
  • Rheagansmom
    Rheagansmom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey guys sorry I am so lite on miles this week. I am fighting migraines

7/14 200 cals for me.
  • amsparky
    Options
    OH. Em. GEE. You took a day off?!?!

NEW BOAT RULE: NO APOLOGIES FOR DAYS OFF.

Guys, we can't always work out every single day with no days of rest. You are entitled to taking a day off. If you take a week off, then we might have a chat. LOL

AAAANNNNDDD maybe don't take days off on double/triple days. :laugh:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It damn well better not be raining tomorrow (Saturday, aka triple day) - I'm planning an 11km run, my longest yet.
    If it is raining I know that my husband will grumble at me if I go running - he claims I got a cold from running in the rain, and while I know he's not right, I don't think I can stand the whining.
    It was reallly stormy when I set out this morning and we had the most beautiful, full-arc, brightly coloured rainbow - followed by pelting rain. Luckily he had already gone to work so he didn't get to grump at me!
  • Pebble321
    Options
    Oh, and welcome Mindy, great to have you rowing with us.
    Don't get confused by me posting a day early, I'm in Australia so it's an entirely different time zone!
  • amsparky
    Options
    Holy cow guys, the person who we kidnapped (From Flying Evil Monkeys) burned 3438 cals. By. Themselves. :noway:
  • amsparky
    Options
    OK, so I don't know how you guys feel about this, but we are quite a ways behind the other boats (third from last - boo!). Please don't be offended, but I am going to offer a personal challenge for next week and maybe we can make up some ground. If you are only in it for the friendly competition, that's cool too. I"m pretty competitive, so here goes!

I challenge you to, if you are regularly under 500 cal per day, to try and get to a 500 cal burn day for each of your workouts next week. If you are a turbo burner, can you burn just 200 extra?

Here's a few ways to burn an easy hundo:
    10 minutes on a treadmill or elliptical
    Take the dog for an extra walk
    Go on a bike ride with the kids
    Do some extra cleaning (I will avoid this one at all costs!)
    Jump rope
    Jumping jacks

So, who's with me? I think for me, I will do another week of 30 Day Shred.
  • charitydc
    Options
    OK! So after a couple of guilt trip texts from our new teammate MindyLynn.....I took my tired butt :yawn: downstairs to the crappy exercise room in my apt building and walked that treadmill with incline intervals for a few min!

July 14th : 323 cals= 6.5 miles

Thanks Min for the extra push :wink:
  • charitydc
    Options
    OK, so I don't know how you guys feel about this, but we are quite a ways behind the other boats (third from last - boo!). Please don't be offended, but I am going to offer a personal challenge for next week and maybe we can make up some ground. If you are only in it for the friendly competition, that's cool too. I"m pretty competitive, so here goes!

I challenge you to, if you are regularly under 500 cal per day, to try and get to a 500 cal burn day for each of your workouts next week. If you are a turbo burner, can you burn just 200 extra?

I like this extra push thing! Let's get this boat ROWING!!!!
    Jump rope
    Jumping jacks

I like this extra push thing! Come on JSRR!!!! Let's get this boat ROWING!!!!!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options

Jump rope
    Jumping jacks

I agree - I hate seeing our little boat falling so far behind. As one of those who is regularly under 500, I'll give it the old college try - it's a challenge since I'm short and the calories don't add up quite as quickly, but I could definitely work out harder, and when I see some people posting over 1000, I know I can surely get over 500 if I try. So thanks for the pep-talk, captain :-) Tomorrow starts a whole new me :-)
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Holy cow guys, the person who we kidnapped (From Flying Evil Monkeys) burned 3438 cals. By. Themselves. :noway:

so was it Kobe? Lebron? it's estimated that top NBA players burn around 3000 calories playing a complete game. Those guys are sprinting flat out up and down the basketball court, they are in perfect physical condition, world class athletes, etc. etc. 3438 calories? Maybe, (but I call b*llsh*t)...

Use their number, though...
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    I missed a lot yesterday!

Welcome Mindy!

And I'm up for the challenge. I've been slackin' this week, so next week I will push myself to do more. And tomorrow I WILL go for my 10km run for triple day. :smile:

I am going camping 2 days next week, but I don't know which 2 days yet...
  • Pebble321
    Options
    Ok, I'm up for the challenge - I'm really hoping it's fine tomorrow so I get in a good run - that will be over 500. If not I might have to dance and prance around the garage for a while to get some cals burnt.
    The rest of the week will be trickier as I'm flying off to Sydney for a work meeting... but I know the hotel has a gym so I can run/ride even in the rain, I just have to drag myself put of bed earlier which is not so much fun as there's a two hour time difference. But hey, I can do it!!!!
  • wilsonshome
    wilsonshome Posts: 100
    Options

Great job guys!!

Hey Captain, I'm glad you posted this, I was thinking today was the triple day. I plan to do a long bike ride tomorrow, now.

I also have wondered where these over 1000 calories come from. How are they being measured? I use a heart rate monitor and it's always lower than either what machines tell me or what MFP automatically fills in for me.

I will definitely try to push to over 500 each work out!! Let's overtake some of those boats just in front of us! Go team Jack SpaRow!!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Looks like that was a good choice :laugh:
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options

I also have wondered where these over 1000 calories come from. How are they being measured? I use a heart rate monitor and it's always lower than either what machines tell me or what MFP automatically fills in for me.

I use a Polar heart rate monitor, I set a goal for the workout and I dont stop until I reach that goal. its pretty easy with the treadmill on a high incline or on the ellptical.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Triple day tomorrow! I was going to rest, but no way now

I hope EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this team gets some major calories in tomorrow, we all had advanced notice.