Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,885 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

Hello All~~
    Checking in. Day full of Do List items. Today is my last "Good Day". Must get stuff done.

Tomorrow is a new chemo treatment (as planned). It's early in the morning. If you do not hear from me for a day or two, do not worry.

For anyone under the weather--feel better soon.
    For Sara and anyone dealing with difficult people - the Cabana Boys are bringing a care package which includes Spray Valium to use either on yourself or on the difficult people.

Hugs to All~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    Lana sending good thoughts for tomorrow - find what comfort you can.

Spray valium?? Nice Idea we have a couple of ladies taking extra strength "drama" pills this week. One hogs the printer and takes our stuff. Found out today how to get access to print so my name gets put on it - will tell other lady sitting by printer tomorrow.....

Dinner is ready as HOT food is my comfort at the moment.

Looking for good recipes for chicken for Christmas. Luckily I have time.

Annie - how did the eval go?? How is your son? Did your appraisal go well?

If I don't fly by before lights out, wave to all who stop by and wish all a good evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Cold this am. Found the sprinklers middle of night, what a waste of water.... (dog needed out).

Ice cream social at work, will get ice cream no toppings that's my compromise. They are having it today and tomorrow I may wait until tomorrow, but we shall see.

Sending good thoughts eastwards to Lana - stop by and post when you can please.

Oatmeal almost ready and need to get moving. Wave to all who follow. Stay warm and dry out there.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday morning and Happy December!

Spent my afternoon yesterday home with my sick little boy. Temperature reached 104 at one point. This morning it is 102.8. More Advil and Tylenol! His appetite has been okay, though. I got 2 miles in on the treadmill and then took a 1 hour nap with him. Managed to wrap one gift. :)

I am home all day with DS as DH really cannot miss or cancel his classes today. Went to the grocery store last night and purchased baking supplies. Hoping to make a couple of kinds of cookies today and deliver some out to DS at college along with the Advent calendar we forgot to send back with him on Sunday. (We always get the kids the cheap Advent calendars with the little chocolates inside).

I weighed myself this morning and wasn't really surprised to see a gain from the day before Thanksgiving. I am up 1.4. Would like to see it at 150 or lower when we fly to my mom’s in 3 weeks.

Planning to have a less-carby day today. More veggies! And since I’m home, I’ll definitely do 2 miles on the treadmill. There may be another nap in my future, too.

Sara – eval went well. It actually felt like we barely talked about me, so that was okay. DH said the appraiser walked through and took notes. Asked if we have a sprinkler system or if we had replaced the furnace or AC. The answer to all 3 is “no”. She noticed the new flooring and new hardware in the kitchen. I guess we’ll see!

Lana – sending thoughts and prayers your way today!

I’ll check in throughout the day. Greetings to all who follow!

177.8 Highest Weight Ever
    152.8 (up 1.4 from last WI on 11/23/16)
    148.8 - lowest weight so far this calendar year, 4/8/16
    145.0 - lowest weight achieved with WW - July 2014
    140.0 - goal weight
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Thursday morning and 1st day of December. I'm up 4 oz. Can't say I've been good lately anyway. Hopefully I'll lose something by my birthday next month. Oh my goodness I'm in my 40's!!!

Lana- hope you are doing well.

Asalner- To get the house all worked out and have it paid off before your 60, AWESOME!!!!
    Hope your little one gets well soon.

Tilliesmommy- Ice cream, yum. No toppings, not so bad. One scoop will. I know easier sad then done but you can do this.

Have a wonderful blessed day everyone!!!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Peep.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dinner is easy, I have to eat one of my lunch salads before it goes "bad". Hot shower DVD and lights out.

Find comfort where you can.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY,

Good morning - TGIF - use as you need to.

Paper just got here. Dog letting me know.

Got a cookie on my doorhandle from landlord. He had extras, I asked if I could give on to person at work as she has had a bad week - our immediate supervisor is out sick and she now has to train 2 new employees. I figured a Friday cookie might be appreciated! Snowman shaped and frosted. Same lady left me a frosted chocolate doughnut months ago - so reciprication works.

We are asked at work how we can make everyone's holiday season better, start with yourself. How can you pamper yourself this month? Go to bed early? Curl up with a good book? Possibilities are there.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Friday

Back at work. DS's fever seems to be down and staying down. He is back at school today. They have a 3 day weekend after today, so hoping that will help him fully recover from this bug.

Did not accomplish all that I would have liked yesterday. Only baked one batch of cookies and then delivered 1/2 of them to DS at college. I did a couple of loads of laundry. Did not get on treadmill. Scale was up another .2 today and I don't know how as I wasn't feeling very well yesterday and also did not eat much. Might be water weight. I only ate one cookie, so that was a win.

I am at the max weight I want to be and told DH that this weekend I need to keep everything in check as I do not want to go above this weight. I am determined not to gain any more over the holidays. So, good plan for today and for the weekend.

Must go shopping this evening for a long-sleeved shrug/sweater/cardigan to wear over a sleeveless dress I would like to wear to DS's concert tomorrow evening. I am so looking forward to hearing the choirs and symphony sing Christmas carols and sacred music. I'm sure my "music allergy" will be in full effect. Must remember to bring tissues! It will be a late night and then an early morning to get to church, but maybe Sunday afternoon will include a nap.

More later! Hello to all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Glad day is done. Will crawl under covers as soon as I can.

Dont really want to deal with people and christmas shopping so I will order calendars for myself online. Just got done 2 calendars and a book.

Someone at work actually got promoted - she is a minimalist (roll my eyes) and person who told me said she will be held to her numbers. Need to be careful how often I throw stones.....as I am not perfect and have to watch myself as well. One of my favorite people at work also just gave notice so I am glad for her because her commute will be almost nothing. Hope her replacement is nice.

Dinner in toaster, dog done having her dinner. She gets her spa day tomorrow and with any luck I will work on a Christmas stocking.

Annie hope you found something for tommorows event. Is your music allergy because you enjoy it so much you cry or because there is so much dust??

Wishing all a great evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Night full of wild range of dreams of both past and "present". Tried to sleep on bed but still cannot breathe well enough so still on recliner.

Dog at groomers chance to knit. Otherwise same errands to run. Lemon and Honey have been useful so more of the same.

Will stop by later. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    SATURDAY

I just spent a bunch of time looking for new Cabana Boys, but came up empty handed. Boo hoo.
    Tell me I should do better things with my time! LOL!

Sara - Miss Tillie will be all fluffy and gorgeous when she comes home. Wish I could be there for a visit!
    Annie - I hope you have a wonderful time at your concert tonight.
    Waves to Packers Fan and Dawn and Sam and Missy and Ammey~~

Hello and Welcome to anyone who stops by today.

QOTD: Who has veggies and fruit in their kitchen? Who needs to get some?
    AOTD: I need veggies. Looking for broccoli. Need some green. Have apples.

Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Well, I wrote a post and apparently didn't click "Post Reply" - so here I go again.

Despite feeling kind of sick the last two days and eating little, my weight is up. I am now more than the "max" I wanted to be. Today it is 154.2. :( (When I really want to be 145 or lower.) I am very mad at myself for getting to this point again and with the holidays in full swing, I'm really afraid I'm going to keep creeping up. So, eating light all day today and trying to make good choices for supper out tonight.

I did find a black long-sleeved shrug to wear with my dress tonight. Also bought some beautiful earrings but am now re-thinking them. They are probably too much for the event. I wish I had an excuse to wear them! And thank God for spanx to smooth my waist.

Asking for good thoughts/prayers as my 91 year old grandfather is in the hospital. They think it may just be related to his BP but he may also need a pacemaker. He has had a lot of dizziness and actually fainted yesterday. Luckily, he didn't break anything! I am heading up to visit him at the hospital momentarily.

Looking forwarding to spending a few hours with DH today maybe doing some shopping in the Cities and having dinner out. I'm so lucky that he loves me in spite of my weight and my faults.

Lana - glad to see you are feeling well enough to post. I have broccoli in my fridge. Planning a salad for lunch.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2016
    Options
    AOTD - bananas apples lemons russet potatoes, sweet potatoes

Annie you enjoy your earrings - wear them as your accent piece!!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Annie - sending good vibes for your grandfather!

I'm with Sara>> wear the earrings!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog, will have breakfast and then more sleep.

Running out of stick cheese, I am chosing to not replace it and will make hard boiled eggs as new snack at work. Will lessen the salt factor and see if it helps with the scale.

Annie - how did the concert go?? Sending good thoughts for your grandfather and your family.

Will stop by later.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Had to go check to see how to hard boil eggs it has been so long. Bought a bag of Mann Superfoods (brocooli, kohlrabi, Cabbage and other vegs) will see about making rice today as well.

Bought weeks worth of greek yogurt and hot chocolate, so almost all healthy.

Tea kettle on to warm up.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    DMV here in CA is asking for proof of insurance on car I no longer have. I will be speaking to lady tomorrow who has car and make sure she understands that she needs to fix this. I need this like I need a hole in the head.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weigh in up again, could be "TOM" this week. Havent had that is so long that it feels like I am going backwards. But had to do what Dr ordered.

Stay warm and dry out there. Will lurk from work.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Morning all. It's Monday again. Time to start over again.
    Ugh. Why is this so hard? Because I have an insatiable sweet tooth, that's why?
    Going to try the whole meal prepping thing. Starting out slowly though with fruits to snack on throughout the day.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!