The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I put in a application at a hotel 7 minutes' drive from my house. I don't even really want to go back to auditing, but if I have to, this place is the best option. Probably.

@BodyByBex -that's an intense decision. I'm glad you're happy!

@jennifer_417 You gotta do what's best for you Booboo! I hope everything works out.

I realized once my doctor agreed with my choice and started the paperwork, I had expected to feel some sort of indecision or anxiety about it, because it's PERMANENT, but I didn't. I just felt excited!
    Kids aren't for me. I'm going to get it done, go back to school, maybe keep things going with SSP, maybe not. Maybe fall in love with someone else, maybe not. I'm going to travel and be the cool aunt to all of my nieces and nephews and adopt dogs and cats, develop hobbies, and be the best me I can be.

Some people are viewing me as selfish and cold-hearted, but that's on them. I've already had a coworker(male) ask me "What's WRONG with you?" Nothing is 'wrong' with me. Some people are MADE to be parents, some people adapt to parenting very well, I just don't feel it's for me.
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    @BodyByBex you got it! Nothing wrong with you at all. I'm also a cool Aunt so I get it:)
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @BodyByBex you got it! Nothing wrong with you at all. I'm also a cool Aunt so I get it:)

Cool Aunts UNITE! :sunglasses:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »
    [
    Some people are viewing me as selfish and cold-hearted, but that's on them. I've already had a coworker(male) ask me "What's WRONG with you?" Nothing is 'wrong' with me. Some people are MADE to be parents, some people adapt to parenting very well, I just don't feel it's for me.

People are taught from the time they are born that we must get married, have kids and grow old together. The brainwashing from society, church and older relatives is pretty pervasive. If someone decides they don't want children, they can't fathom the idea. After all, how could you go against your cultural programming? :smile: I say, if that's what you want, then do it! Only you know what's in your heart. If being a great Aunt is what you were meant to be, then do it! :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It really is such a cultural idea. It's amazing how it literally never occurs to people that there are humans out there who don't want to create other humans. Honestly, the older I get, the more it annoys me that people can't just mind their own business.
    Perfect example (while I'm on my soapbox): I was at a coffee shop with a friend, and during the conversation, I told her that I think my new meds are kicking in. Suddenly, a woman sitting several feet away leaned over and asked me, "Excuse me, did I hear you say that you're feeling kicking?"
    Um, no...? Also, WHO DOES THAT???
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    It really is such a cultural idea. It's amazing how it literally never occurs to people that there are humans out there who don't want to create other humans. Honestly, the older I get, the more it annoys me that people can't just mind their own business.
    Perfect example (while I'm on my soapbox): I was at a coffee shop with a friend, and during the conversation, I told her that I think my new meds are kicking in. Suddenly, a woman sitting several feet away leaned over and asked me, "Excuse me, did I hear you say that you're feeling kicking?"
    Um, no...? Also, WHO DOES THAT???

I'm ALL for being aware of your surroundings but seriously, keep to your damn self lady. :angry:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »
    I put in a application at a hotel 7 minutes' drive from my house. I don't even really want to go back to auditing, but if I have to, this place is the best option. Probably.

@BodyByBex -that's an intense decision. I'm glad you're happy!

@jennifer_417 You gotta do what's best for you Booboo! I hope everything works out.

I realized once my doctor agreed with my choice and started the paperwork, I had expected to feel some sort of indecision or anxiety about it, because it's PERMANENT, but I didn't. I just felt excited!
    Kids aren't for me. I'm going to get it done, go back to school, maybe keep things going with SSP, maybe not. Maybe fall in love with someone else, maybe not. I'm going to travel and be the cool aunt to all of my nieces and nephews and adopt dogs and cats, develop hobbies, and be the best me I can be.

You are certainly entitled to decide against having children. I decided that when I was 4 or so. Children generally annoyed me even at that time. I liked to hang with the adults and never played with dollies. All my stuffies did adventuresome things in my imaginary play like mountain climbing and skiing, lol. I am also enjoying being the cool aunt and introduced my nephew and niece to cool stuff like camping, hiking, and canoeing. They are now in their late teens, early twenties and are into travel in a big way. We gave them the bug.
    BTW, tubal ligation IS actually reversible if you really change your mind down the road, but they usually tell you it isn't because it's not something to take lightly, of course.
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Another COOL Aunt! YAY B)

@canadjineh How was your trip!?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hi Terra incognita... Trip is still ongoing... til the 21st. Swimming at Doctor's Cave Beach today, slathering on the 30 SPF sunscreen, checkin' out the reef fishes.
    Woot woot for all us cool aunties (and uncles)!!
  • jennifer_417
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm a cool aunt myself! I won't have any babies, but it's not by my choice, though. A grapefruit-sized fibroid a few years ago pretty much shut down the factory. I'm still working on coming to terms with it. :-/ Until then, I will dote on all the other babies I can!
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm sleepy!!! :'( Who's up with me?
  • ChibiBunneh
    ChibiBunneh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    me! and im sleepy too!
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    8 more minutes....
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm a cool aunt myself! I won't have any babies, but it's not by my choice, though. A grapefruit-sized fibroid a few years ago pretty much shut down the factory. I'm still working on coming to terms with it. :-/ Until then, I will dote on all the other babies I can!

Dang! Fibroids suck!
    My friend Alycia has a similar issue.

I know tubal ligation is reversible, my cousin reversed hers! It was expensive but she REALLY wants another kid(after having 3 boys already). *shrug* I figure she's having enough for the both of us. :smiley:

I need to hurry up and get my surgery date though so I can let the post office know since I just accepted that job. My start(training) date is still pending.

Oh and my sunroof exploded for no reason on Tuesday morning. So I need THAT fixed as soon as possible.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @BodyByBex - Congratulation on the new job. :smile:

You know it's cold when you have to dress up to go work out in the garage. It was -9 outside and 40 in the garage. That small heater isn't keeping up with the cold. :frowning:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Gah, I've been gone too long!! I took Wed and Thursday off work for mental health days :smile:

@BodyByBex You do you!! I'm a cool auntie to two beautiful little boys who aren't related to me in any way :heart: Me and hubs have talked about trying but with my PCOS, it may not work out so we'll be flexible. If it happens, awesome sauce, if not, then so be it. I hate that peeps are so damn judgemental. **And congrats on the new job!!!

@jennifer_417 My meds are working better and better all the time. Nosy peeps suck too.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @bethanie0825 -mine started to kick in after about a week. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks in, and I can really tell the difference. I hope it keeps getting better!
    @BodyByBex - congrats on the new job!
    The temp dropped quickly here, it had been in the 60s, yesterday it was in the 20s, tonight it's supposed to get down to 5F. Grrrr, I hate cold weather! I was't thinking yesterday and wore leggings. Usually when it's that cold I'll wear 2 pair, or layer leggings under my jeans, but I forgot because I was in a hurry and just trying to look nice because I had to give a presentation. My butt was cold all day!
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    A bit late to the party, but I'm totally with you @BodyByBex. I've never been keen on children, people have always said I'll grow out of it, but now signs of it so far! I've been married for about 2 years now, and am starting to get all the 'so when are you going to have babies' questions. I'm like, since when has my uterus been any concern of yours? If you like kids, great, but like so many other things, no one should have the right to force their beliefs etc on other people.

We're having problems with our phone line tonight. We've been left with a tiny handset that tends to cut out in the middle of phone calls, and only rings at all if you sit with it in one room. Thankfully (at least so far) we've been able to keep one of us next to it all evening, but I'm dreading having to do any xrays/surgery because then the lines are basically going to go dead... :/
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Not a good night for the pets. Had one arrest on the exam table and another arrest on the scale. Poor owners. Cancer in dogs doesn't give you much warning if any at all. The lab cross was full of cancer in the chest. We got him back the first time but after the x-rays, we didn't try to revive him when he arrested a second time.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Not a good night for the pets. Had one arrest on the exam table and another arrest on the scale. Poor owners. Cancer in dogs doesn't give you much warning if any at all. The lab cross was full of cancer in the chest. We got him back the first time but after the x-rays, we didn't try to revive him when he arrested a second time.

:cry: