Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 174 Member
    Hi, I'm 37 although mentally I think I've been stuck at 27 for the last 10yrs. Been on mfp for almost a year now :)
  • bigfroth74
    bigfroth74 Posts: 3 Member
    Age 42 here started Nov 1 down 11 lbs so far.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    I'm on the downside of 35...does that count?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Lots of great "middle agers" here. So, for those of you that exercise - what is your "go to" workout?
  • lowcarbog
    lowcarbog Posts: 42 Member
    Boxing is my go to workout. I have a heavy bag in my basement. Unreal workout and great for stress relief!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    sdereski wrote: »
    Lots of great "middle agers" here. So, for those of you that exercise - what is your "go to" workout?

I mostly use the elliptical or stationary bike at the gym and try to get out and ride my bicycle when I have the time and the weather cooperates. I need to start adding strength training though.
  • 4bzat43
    4bzat43 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi...42 here, about to be 43 in a couple weeks. I need my 43rd year to be a change...Love to be part of a team.
  • Kari_Bear78
    Kari_Bear78 Posts: 533 Member
    I'm on the downside of 35...does that count?

Love your name!!! Lol
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 2,583 Member

@sdereski You know mine! :)
  • your all more than welcome to add me, 30 year old female here :)
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    For me, my go to would be lifting 'progressive overload'; gotta retain the muscle mass, y'know?
  • iris2811
    iris2811 Posts: 124 Member

cycling - but when weather or time fail me then bodyweight stuff on fitnessblender - or just an hours walk :-)
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,527 Member
    A game of hurling or football.
  • bigfroth74
    bigfroth74 Posts: 3 Member

Indoor rowing
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »

@sdereski You know mine! :)

Yes I do! Great job with your training runs!
  • _Justinian_
    _Justinian_ Posts: 235 Member
    Go-to workout was the elliptical, but to much of my disbelief, I am falling in love with the treadmill.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Hey fellow middle-agers :D

42 years young here, love more friends to keep me motivated and accountable feel free to add me :)
  • ferret150
    ferret150 Posts: 71 Member
    35 years old here. I never considered myself middle-aged. But I guess I am. Nice to meet you all. Please add me.