What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    That good, supportive sports bras for big chested women do not exist! Well, not in store anyway... I've lost 69lbs and I'm still a DDD cup, can't find a good sports bra anywhere! Hate to order off line because I like to try stuff on b4 I spend $60 + on something!! It's so annoying!

I bought a shock absorber sports bra and I was a g I think whatever letter is after ddd. it was expensive but worked. I had to go to a specialty bra store to get it. I wore two bras one sport from Walmart that sucked and a regular bra and a size med tank top (I wear a xl) to a class last week for jumpy Jacks I could barely breathe....need to go back to bra store lol
  • palwithme wrote: »
    + That it can be an emotional roller-coaster. Some days you are happy with yourself and other days you get upset because you ate too much or you don't look right or you haven't lost any weight this week, etc. Learn to ride the roller-coaster and don't get off.

+ That it won't magically fix all your problems. In fact, some of my "problems" have come more in focus because of the time and energy I have spent on myself and not "others."

true story
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    That good, supportive sports bras for big chested women do not exist! Well, not in store anyway... I've lost 69lbs and I'm still a DDD cup, can't find a good sports bra anywhere! Hate to order off line because I like to try stuff on b4 I spend $60 + on something!! It's so annoying!

Look for a specialty bra store that offers fittings. You'll get excellent service and they'll have an amazing amount of styles you can try on (I'm a 38G). Their prices are usually not much, if any, higher than online retailers.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member

I was a DD when I started. Probably a D now. I tried a million sports bras and the only one I liked was the molded cup sports bra from lane Bryant.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    ChrisNels1 wrote: »
    Aside from catching your reflection and appreciating what you see your shadow can cause the same reaction. :)

Yes!!! Wonderful! That happens to me too - even once on my scooter! lol
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member

Look for a specialty bra store that offers fittings. You'll get excellent service and they'll have an amazing amount of styles you can try on (I'm a 38G). Their prices are usually not much, if any, higher than online retailers.

We have 2 stores around here that do fittings.. Victorias Secret and Little Black Box, both of wich carry regular bras to fit me but not sports bras
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member

We have 2 stores around here that do fittings.. Victorias Secret and Little Black Box, both of wich carry regular bras to fit me but not sports bras

Victoria's Secret does have sports bras.
  • orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member

If they don't have a store near you I still recommend checking out titlenine.com. I've only bought from them for years (D and E sizes).
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I got a high impact sports bra from Lane Bryant and I absolutely LOVE it. I can run in it and not be flopping around. I'm a 40G.
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member
    cblue315 wrote: »

Victoria's Secret does have sports bras.

They do not carry 38DDD in the store here... only on line
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!