Replies

• ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :) I made latkes today for our big meal...actually a little ahead of the beginning of Hanukkah which was at sundown but they take so long to make that I have to schedule them for days when I have the time in the morning. I'll make them again on Tuesday. Tomorrow we go for Chinese food with two friends, Monday Jake has a lunch date with a friend who's leaving town for a month, and Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings I dance.

:)Katla, your Google password story reminded me of the time I woke up in the middle of the night wondering if Medicare had actually approved payment for my surgery so I got up, turned the computer on and went to the Medicare website only to find out that for security purposes they require that you change your password every 60 days. Jake and I use the same password and we store a list of passwords in six places (three computers and three thumb drives) so besides changing my password, I had to change his and write the information legibly in a safe place so I could change it on all those files in all those places.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    This seemed to really hit me in light of the last few days.

a6w4v4648z3c.jpg

I love you my friends have a beautiful Christmas.

Janetr OKC

Thank you for this.
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Carol <3<3<3 so sorry for your loss.

I took a lovely long walk with DS today. He's almost 17 an it was really a treat for me to spend time with him.

Wishing you all peace. Take care of you, no one else is going to :D

<3 Rosie SoCal
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Katla – I loved diagraming sentences … closest thing to me as ‘drawing’ in elementary school; as well as ‘cursive writing’. I don't think they teach either for very long in schools now-a-days. It helps one understand the parts of a sentence and also helps them understand (proper) grammar. Until a few years ago, my handwriting was ‘spot on’ as how I was taught in school’. My mother had to go talk to Principal in order for me to take Mechanical Drawing in high school. Only girl in the class (small one) and I really, really enjoyed it. But, now everything is computerized. Now, because of some of the medications I have to take, I have tremors that are Parkinson’s-like. I don’t have Parkinson Disorder, just the irritating tremors. But I still draw and paint as much as I can.

Janetr okc – Truer words never spoken [written in this case] … sort of like “What other people think of me is none of my business.”

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah!

Lenora
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Becca - You really have lost a lot of weight since the picture you use as your avatar was taken and now! Way to go, girl!!!!! I know you will have a great Christmas/New Year with all your sons at home.

We had our traditional "Christmas Eve Oyster Stew" with lots of oysters [5 cups] ... still they said there were not enough; so next year ... going for more. This year we had one more person who actually ate the oysters. A little wine into it to make the 'little one' fall asleep quicker. She's at that age where they end up finding out (because someone tells them) that Santa is someone else. "Little Bit" was told that she could not get on the computer tonight and she could not sleep in the living room. She said she 'knew' who Santa was! I said, "Gee, that's a shame, I guess Santa won't come to your house tonight. He knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake ...!" I thought my DDnL#1 and DOS were going to lose it as they bit their lips in pieces. She turned and looked at me - surprised! "Yep, sweetie, like your Mama and Daddy said, you have to sleep in your own room, in your own bed tonight!" Nana had the 'last word'.

Lenora
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your mom, no matter what age they're our mom. Spent today with mine, wonder how many more? She's doing better but still 94 ❤️.

Wishing you all a very happy holiday!

Gayle Minneapolis
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Carol sending ((((((((hugs)))))))) to you. May you find peace and comfort from the love that is sent from our forum.
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Pip that is my favorite doggie picture! When you retire you could start your own greeting card line just with your furry friends on the front.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Happy Christmas everybody have a lovely day

Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    We are on our own today before the big rush starts tomorrow. We got in a full set of exercises, 600 calories, after we opened our Santa presents. :D<3
    Going to prepare as much as possible of tomorrow's bits and tonight's veggies. Having blinis with fake caviar and half fat creme fraiche for lunch, with coriander and chilli prawns. Real champagne.
    Tonight is rack of best end of neck of lamb. With lots of veg. :D Pinot Noir.
    Good job we did lots of exercise! :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    (((Lenora))) hugs and more hugs. I admire you for taking responsibility, explaining your point of view, and really trying to work it out.

<3 Rosie
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,074 Member
    Options
    Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas!!

Sang at two church services yesterday. Filled me up with Christmas spirit. Both sons supposed to come today. Unfortunately our roads are like skating rinks so we may have to rethink and celebrate a different day.

:heart: Margaret
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    morning everyone and Merry Christmas.. and as suspected mr grumpy pants grumbled just another day ....
    gave the boys steak in there dog food as a treat...and got them some treats for Christmas
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus! I think that covers everyone!
    Sitting and drinking my Christmas cup of coffee and waiting for DH and DYS to wake up...becoming a new tradition, me, up first; everyone else up some where close to noon. I feel like a kid. So hard to wait!
    DYS had to work yesterday, so when he got home at 5:30, I had a special dinner ready for him. We had crab legs, shrimp three ways (coconut, butterflied and breaded, and chilled), stuffed potato bombs, swedish meatballs (for my non-seafood eating hubby) and a bowl of pineapple. He was thrilled. Seafood is a special occasion, once in a great while thing, due to the expense. We gave him his birthday gift (which was $$ towards a trip to Machu Pichu) which he was also grateful for and then he picked a movie for us to watch together and he chose White Christmas, because he had never seen the whole thing. (a gift to me?) It was a nice Christmas Eve/birthday. I did well with portion control during dinner, but had a couple of drinks during the movie. THAT was a mistake. The drinks gave me heartburn all night!
    DD called at about 11 last night, in tears. :( She and her DH had a bit of a row over something. His mother is visiting them for the holidays. She arrived last weekend and was only going to stay until last Wednesday; but ended up staying now until after Christmas (going home on Tuesday). There is a big language barrier. She speaks very little english and DD has very basic Spanish skills (she was a french major). DD's hubby is your typical, non-conversant male; so much of the talking and entertaining is being done by DD. Anyway, she is tired, her brain hurts, pregnant, and I think, a little homesick for Christmas at home (?) Just broke my heart when she called and was so upset and I felt/am helpless to do anything. I kind of wish her dad and I had fought more in front of our kids; so that they would see that married couples fight and make up. Movies/books and such make marriage out to be a cake walk. It is SO hard! And the first years, add baby's impending arrival...so much to argue about and try to adjust to...Oh well, I guess I am in the years of listening and giving advice ONLY when asked for it.
    Only one neighbor brought over cookies this year! Can I count that as an NSV? I did have a pecan sandie with my coffee in honor of my dad. Those were his favorites, although he liked them burned a bit, so they would hold up under "dunking". LOL! Signing off for the day. Going to get a couple of walks in today and just relax, eat leftovers, and watch the Christmas movies I haven't watched yet. Hope you all have a peaceful and relaxing day. Whether you are having a family filled Christmas or a smaller quieter version! Peace to you all!