Pip- what is that machine called?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,625 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    spin-50min 139ahr 158mhr, 80r 114aw, 11-17g, 16mi = 396c
    Treadmill Hill Climber- 10min, 147ahr , 158mhr, 8resist 5push wt = 131c
    131ccal 527

** I didn't push nearly as hard as he did on the video. got to get used to using it first. but 131cal. in 10minutes is not bad, heart rate max was 158
  • pipcd34
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

s matrix machine. 1st time using it
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Toni - You are the same age as me! <3

There are a few "old timers" on this thread. :laugh: I have a 40 yr old son. :o And a 37 yr old. I have to say I feel about 25 years younger than I did 5 years ago. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

I too am 67, and definitely feel younger than I had for many years when just walking was a chore.

Janetr okc
  • pipcd34
    Options

matrix s drive performance trainer... u can utube it

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Heather – I don’t feel 65; especially since losing 40lbs. I don’t have to have someone holding on to me when I walk. But, I do have to have someone pick up a 40lb bag of potting soil for me. But, that is a good thing. Got my hair cut; but, did not cover the gray because none of the men want me to do so. I’d probably look a lot younger; but, I am hoping that it will turn totally white like my sister’s; but she was much further along in her hair turning white than I am at this point. She was in her 40’s; Middle sister keeps her blond; but, I don’t think it makes her look any younger. If I did dye my hair, it would be auburn, since that is my natural color.

Beth – About this time of the year I usually go into a cleaning frenzy and it doesn’t stop until I had decluttered a few more things. My only shelving unit in my den is about as de-cluttered as it will ever be; and, it is crowded. I’m certainly NOT a mimimalist.

Pip - Name of machine is "Killer" ... it is just a 'matrix s drive performance trainer'. Like we have 'names' but we're 'humans'.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Grits- I must b a machine then
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    I brought in the New Year cheering my son and grandson across the finish line of their races. My grandson is age 10 and ran his first half-marathon. He came in with a time of 2:31!
    Yay for your grandson, Marcelynh! I ran my best half-marathon last June but he beat time by 3 minutes. :lol:

I seem to recall someone else writing about planning to run an upcoming half-marathon, but I can't find that post now. Whoever you are, YAY for YOU TOO!

We just got a text message from our son and unfortunately our grandson and daughter-in-law are sick, being put on antibiotics, and may not be well enough to travel tomorrow. :frowning: Maybe only our son and granddaughter will come, or maybe their entire trip will be cancelled. :confounded: If so, hubby and I will have a few days all to ourselves before the workaday world starts spinning again. (How's that for making lemonade out of lemons?) :smirk:

/Penny, waiting at Logan airport for a plane back to Scandinavia

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Kay, beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing. We saw a gorgeous pic of you in your leggings and you were smokin' :)

Janetr OKC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    janet I agree I remember Kay's pic in those jazzy leggings, you look great Kay.

Yvonne sounds like you are on the road to a better year, so glad you are practicing self care. I am an advocate for mistakes, the best way of learning something.

Lenora I'm not ready to stop the hair color yet, folks tell me I am too fair and I don't wear makeup, so I would really age myself with grey (won't turn white either I think). However, I have stopped cutting it and have gone back to my ponytail/braid that I always preferred.

Had a very lazy day, but still hit the gym, handled laundry and ironing and sweeping out/reorganizing the pantry--but very relaxing day--back to work for me tomorrow :)
    NYKAREN
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    dotennis62 wrote: »
    Just joined yesterday from UK . Target to lose 56 lbs and would like to join the 40lb challenge you've set for 27th may if that's ok?

You are very welcome to join! It is actually a challenge that is full of which I am a member of. I am posting the challenges here so that anybody on this site can participate right along with me as my workout buddy. Weigh yourself. And we will have a weekly weigh in by Saturday every week. The first challenge that they had was to take your measurements. The only other thing they posted was how to navigate their site. Glad to have you aboard with us!

Rita- you look fantastic! You have done in awesome job with all that you have been through.

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Hi Mary Can anyone join your .. challenge? I am part of the orginial 40 Lbs by May 27th challenge .. I am on the Pink Team .. but it seems to be pretty slow for now. Hopefully it will gain some speed! But I need all the accountability I can muster. I had my husband take before pics yesterday, I just need to take measurements.

Happy New Year everyone!

My word is Consistency! After messing around.. for years.. I am ready to get serious and find the me I lost!

• azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Dang ... didnt mean to get so serious! :o
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Pip - You would have to help me up off the floor if I tried that machine!

Katiebug - You look wonderful! Remember that the tortoise won the race!

I know you might not believe me but this is true - My hair is still my natural color but with just enough gray in it to make it seem a little dull. I get highlights of brown, red, and a tiny wisp of gold about every four months. When my hair grows out the hair near my scalp is dark brown. Go figure.

So glad so many are joining our group!

Well time to get up and move......

Toni in very warm for January Tennessee
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year ladies: So nice to have a fresh start although in truth everyday is a fresh start. I read somewhere that you should not worry about getting older, there are so many people that never have that opportunity. It is really cold and snowy here. Ice on the driveway and some on the roads so did not try to go to the YM this morning. Finally getting rid of the holiday leftovers around here and back to better eating.

Welcome to the newcomers. Keep coming back and add your 2 cents worth.

Becca - Sounds as if you are full of fresh ambition. You go girl!

Katiebug - I tried an anti-inflammatory diet but found it pretty complicated. I have just taken a lot of what I learned and try to lean my diet that direction. Andrew Weil, MD includes an anti-inflammatory diet in his book Healthy Aging. I liked the first part of it but it got into a lot of supplements at the end. I also had a guide for anti-inflammatory eating from SD Heart Hospital. SELF magazine has a nutritional data base online that includes inflammatory scale for various foods. Goal was to balance foods on the scale to reach 50 at the end of the day. My dietitian in Sioux Falls recommended that one but it can be pretty complicated.

Barbie - Hope Jake is feeling better and thanks for keeping us going.

Katla - My DH was really nervous about his cataract surgery and kept watching videos of it. But the first eye went very smoothly and he really did not remember anything of the actual operation. He was more than ready for the second.

Rita - lovely pictures.

Joyce - Glad your Christmas went well.

My goals for this month include getting 20-25 grams of fiber daily. I might have to try the one pound of veggies per day. I also want to spend more time with my horse doing something besides feeding and cleaning up poop! i will keep logging and I am going to start measuring. Thanks Mary.

Everyone take care to have a happy and healthy new year, Sue in WA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »
    dotennis62 wrote: »
    Just joined yesterday from UK . Target to lose 56 lbs and would like to join the 40lb challenge you've set for 27th may if that's ok?

You are very welcome to join! It is actually a challenge that is full of which I am a member of. I am posting the challenges here so that anybody on this site can participate right along with me as my workout buddy. Weigh yourself. And we will have a weekly weigh in by Saturday every week. The first challenge that they had was to take your measurements. The only other thing they posted was how to navigate their site. Glad to have you aboard with us!

Rita- you look fantastic! You have done in awesome job with all that you have been through.

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Hi Mary Can anyone join your .. challenge? I am part of the orginial 40 Lbs by May 27th challenge .. I am on the Pink Team .. but it seems to be pretty slow for now. Hopefully it will gain some speed! But I need all the accountability I can muster. I had my husband take before pics yesterday, I just need to take

Yes! Course you can! The more people that are in a challenge together the more support you will get! It is a little slow on all of the threads. Probably because Tiffany is in Florida until the eighth. Right now as you know they had asked for you to take measurements and put an informational thread up about how to navigate. Since there wasn't any challenges I thought it would be fun to get up and move! So today I am focusing on getting up every hour for 10 minutes and doing something, unless I am already up LOL! It will be great to get to know you! All of the women on this thread are very fun and motivational! You certainly came to the right place!

<3

Mary from Minnesota