Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/L2c7WqO0ttA

Too good not to share! This guy goes from curling in the squat rack next to me to unsolicited spotting of me in the safety rack. Bare in mind that I've never talked to this guy before in my life LOL. I was laughing about this pretty hard when I got home, but was not amused at the time as I was 6-7 reps into my heavy squat.

Starting 5/3/1 fresh for the new year, so setting those rep goals to beat going forward. I was pleased with 270x10 squat and 190x10 bench.

I'm also starting my own quest for 20 straight bodyweight pull-ups. Starting with 20 total for the day (just under 3 min) and will do that three days a week, adding 5 to the total each week (week 1-20+, week 2-25+, ect...) Hoping that by the end of 6 weeks when I'm doing 50+ total for the workout, that I'll be able to do 20 straight. This workout was 8,5,5,3=21

Happy New Year everyone!

That was weirdly uncomfortable to watch.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I was waiting for him to reach out to the bar or go in for the bear hug spot lmao! so weird!!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    This seems like an appropriate page to update about training soooo...
    Just signed up for a powerlifting meet on April 1st!
    Registered at a 181 and I'm currently sitting about 188 lbs. (Some holiday lbs that'll be gone quick)
    Goal is to total 800+
    Soo excited/nervous/ready to get back into this! I've done a push/pull and full meet, but it's been a long time and a lot of illness since then.
    I also decided to switch to 5/3/1 which I started yesterday. Hope you guys are ready for some rep PR posts!

Sounds like a great time for a meet. Get you a good 12 week training block in and smash it! Good luck, good to hear.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    @McCloud33 I pulled it up on my phone to watch. That is *kitten* odd as h*** considering you weren't even really struggling at all.
    I mean- I can appreciate the verbal "help" (sort of)- but I find it's *kitten* odd for someone you have no idea who is to chime in.

I have people do that to me all the time- but like I said- they are my gym friends. not complete strangers.

the power of the beard compelled him.
  • noemorales1022
    noemorales1022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Here's my deadlift attempt at 315 and then 305. I need a belt.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This seems like an appropriate page to update about training soooo...
    Just signed up for a powerlifting meet on April 1st!
    Registered at a 181 and I'm currently sitting about 188 lbs. (Some holiday lbs that'll be gone quick)
    Goal is to total 800+
    Soo excited/nervous/ready to get back into this! I've done a push/pull and full meet, but it's been a long time and a lot of illness since then.
    I also decided to switch to 5/3/1 which I started yesterday. Hope you guys are ready for some rep PR posts!

Congrats on signing up for another meet! I'm switching to 5/3/1 too in 2 weeks after my meet.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    @JoRocka @TresaAswegan @juliewatkin ...yes it was very awkward and I totally cut my reps short because he was there. I was going to try for 15, but when I got to 10 and him standing back there I just racked it.

And @TresaAswegan I'm right there with you starting 5/3/1 again! Good luck! I'm looking forward to hitting some rep PRs in the next few months. I'm also going to be cutting though, so they may not come as quickly as I'd like. Such is life.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I was waiting for him to reach out to the bar or go in for the bear hug spot lmao! so weird!!

I was waiting for that, too.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    @McCloud33- that would have made me stop early to for sure. so annoying.

least you weren't benching and had some strange dude's balls over your face- that would have been even weirder.

I didn't tell you either- I started 20 reps again. I failed 200 last time- got 195- failed 200 twice and said that's enough of that (knowing I was tapering on food and cutting it wasn't worth pursing)- I had a nice 225 for a 6 rep max a few weeks ago so I used 225 for the starting calculation weight- which starts me significantly higher than ever before- last time I started with 200? so starting workout weight was only 110- I had to start at 135 this time- damnit- sh** is super heavy already LMAO. #immgoingtodie
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

least you weren't benching and had some strange dude's balls over your face- that would have been even weirder.

I didn't tell you either- I started 20 reps again. I failed 200 last time- got 195- failed 200 twice and said that's enough of that (knowing I was tapering on food and cutting it wasn't worth pursing)- I had a nice 225 for a 6 rep max a few weeks ago so I used 225 for the starting calculation weight- which starts me significantly higher than ever before- last time I started with 200? so starting workout weight was only 110- I had to start at 135 this time- damnit- sh** is super heavy already LMAO. #immgoingtodie

This reminded me... I've had to ask a lot of different dudes for a bench spot (because apparently no one can be consistent with the days they're at the gym except me and the people I would NOT want a spot from) and it's awkward AF to be like.. excuse me sir, but when I set up I'm going to kinda swing myself back a bit, so if you could please back dat kitten up so I don't get a face full it would be much appreciated.. lol :D
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    @McCloud33 - I would have lost my *kitten*. Especially watching the video back. i might be able to understand if your bar speed was dropping off.

@TresaAswegan - yay on the meet! I'd just tell people "hey, I slide through while setting up. Don't approach until x"
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    akoivisto wrote: »
    My current best squat; been slowly going up. Please excuse audio, and general length; I have no video editing experience! :)

515lb

Damnnnnnnnnzzzzzz
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

This reminded me... I've had to ask a lot of different dudes for a bench spot (because apparently no one can be consistent with the days they're at the gym except me and the people I would NOT want a spot from) and it's awkward AF to be like.. excuse me sir, but when I set up I'm going to kinda swing myself back a bit, so if you could please back dat kitten up so I don't get a face full it would be much appreciated.. lol :D

LOL. That's how I set up, too. Luckily, there's a little platform at the bench we train at, so the worst is I crack someone in the knees. But, yeah - only took 2, maybe 3 weeks for the guys to know to stay back until my shoulders are planted.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Here's my deadlift attempt at 315 and then 305. I need a belt.

Don't look down - it almost guarantees a collapse. Find a point straight ahead - maybe slightly up - focus on it thoughout the pull.
  • JoRocka
    Options

Yeah- most of my spotters know- but I'm, like everyone here, picky as **** about who I ask to spot.
    I don't swing through any more- or rather as much as I used to- I used to go fully behind the bar- now it's only a couple inches- but I'm super fortunate to be at a powerlifting gym- so I'd say 75% of the guys I spot- or who spot me (which is you know- like 5 people) all swing through to some extent.

It's still a little weird if they don't have long enough shorts- or long tights on- like- dude- it's drafty- mind giving me some space.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options

@JoRocka have fun! Post some vids from time to time, I'd like to see how you handle it as it gets heavier. 30 lb jump is going to be impressive if you can pull it off