Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I started peaking for a meet January 28th. First two workouts are in.

I've also designed the shirts (and medals) once again this year.

Deadlifts tomorrow.

DAMNNNNZZZZ I'm excited to hear how you do.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXfzNcYjGAI

full squats video opposed to the abbreviated version.

Making those look easy Jo!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks- Feeling pretty good- not quite as good as I WISH I was feeling- I'm headed into week 3 at this point- and I wish I felt a little stronger- I think I need more carbs before I head in- but I'll be happy if they look this good over 185. Actually I'll be happy if I can 20 rep anything over 200. LOL- that will be a big bleeping win.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    Here's my 5/3/1 for today. I'm doing it modified so I do the full 5/3/1 cycle for squats every week and then my other lifts are on the regular 3 weeks schedule. The deload day helps to vary what day I'm doing my heaviest squats so it doesn't always correspond with my DL day.

Today was 1+ squats, 5+ DL, and trying to work my way up to 20 straight BW pull-ups. Pull-ups will be easier if I can lose some of this extra poundage :tongue: but then my other lifts will get harder...

https://youtu.be/ZQXWC3LG8zk
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/L2c7WqO0ttA

Too good not to share! This guy goes from curling in the squat rack next to me to unsolicited spotting of me in the safety rack.

i love the way your 9th rep picked up speed once it was really clear you had an alien in your air space :smiley: . those gloves were so great though. i mean, how could you object to a stranger potentially touching you if they're wearing gloves?

unrelated: set really looked great. i think in the last couple of 20-rep clips you were a little looser and nowhere near as dialed in as this looked.

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    I started peaking for a meet January 28th. First two workouts are in.

I've also designed the shirts (and medals) once again this year.

Deadlifts tomorrow.

DAMNNNNZZZZ I'm excited to hear how you do.
    Thanks. I'm excited to a full meet again.
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    420, 445, 475 doubles, single 495. Felt good to pull five plates again. Peak is on track.

Wouldn't you know it, laying in bed sick now. Arg. At least I can get the first cold of the year out of the way weeks before the meet.

Live the chaos.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    420, 445, 475 doubles, single 495. Felt good to pull five plates again. Peak is on track.

Wouldn't you know it, laying in bed sick now. Arg. At least I can get the first cold of the year out of the way weeks before the meet.

Live the chaos.

That 495 moved SO fast dude.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options

245x10 deads yesterday for my 5+ day of 5/3/1.
    I guess this is technically a rep PR as I've never attempted to rep this much before. (Because why would I do 10 reps of deads??) If I had chalk or a decent bar I probably could have eeked out a few more if I reeeally tried. Awesome to see my grip doing this well though, as I could barely hold 265x1 on these bars a few months ago. 12.5 weeks out!!

You make that look so easy! I tried 205 DL today...couldn't get it off the floor! LOL
  • McCloud33
    Options

i love the way your 9th rep picked up speed once it was really clear you had an alien in your air space :smiley: . those gloves were so great though. i mean, how could you object to a stranger potentially touching you if they're wearing gloves?

unrelated: set really looked great. i think in the last couple of 20-rep clips you were a little looser and nowhere near as dialed in as this looked.

Haha... those weren't actually gloves either. He had wrist wraps on and then was hold "fat grips" that he was using while curling the bar.

Being dialed in and tight might have something to do with the belt too. I was doing the 20 rep program without it.
    Options

Live the chaos.

That 495 moved SO fast dude.
    Thanks. I thought so too. This will probably be my opener
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    @nakedraygun I'm joining you the sick meet prep club unfortunately.
    I've got plenty of time, but it sucks being so fired up about my first week of new programming and feeling like poo! :/