True Confessions - Don't Judge

Replies

• ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member
    I confess that I snack in front of the tv at night undoing all the hard work and calorie counting that I did during the day.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Lucy1771 wrote: »
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I really love working with veterans sometimes. Sometimes being when they're young and hot haha.

Jk I really love working with all of them, just the young hot ones are definitely a perk

Your post made me teary and my heart melt a little.
    Hugs to you. Vets need more people with your attitude.

They deserve it! Sitting in clinic with them and hearing their troubles and how they're not being helped breaks my heart.
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    I am right in the middle of training to become a VA provider. There is no eye care at the local VA clinic, and the nearest is almost two hours away, so they are contracting with me to see them in my office. Great for me and good for these veterans.

But the training is a painful slog through a paperwork swamp!
  • angelxsss
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    I am right in the middle of training to become a VA provider. There is no eye care at the local VA clinic, and the nearest is almost two hours away, so they are contracting with me to see them in my office. Great for me and good for these veterans.

But the training is a painful slog through a paperwork swamp!

That's awesome! Stay persistent :)
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    edited January 2017
    I should finish tomorrow...maybe. The goalposts keep getting moved.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    I really love working with veterans sometimes. Sometimes being when they're young and hot haha.

Jk I really love working with all of them, just the young hot ones are definitely a perk

I'm just an old, lukewarm vet. :(
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited January 2017
    jnichel wrote: »
    I cried like a snivelling child after reading the news about Chelsea Manning!!!

Best news in a long effing time.

I guess those of us who wore the uniform and took our oath seriously see it differently than you.

Isn't the oath also to fight against domestic terrorism, isn't a government that spies on their citizens activity without just cause; a domestic terrorist? She exposed our government as being a terroristic cell against us, which means she upheld her oath; our government didn't uphold theirs!
  • angelxsss

I'm just an old, lukewarm vet. :(

All vets are perfect vets <3
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited January 2017
    I cried like a snivelling child after reading the news about Chelsea Manning!!!

Best news in a long effing time.

I guess those of us who wore the uniform and took our oath seriously see it differently than you.

Isn't the oath also to fight against domestic terrorism, isn't a government that spies on their citizens activity without just cause; a domestic terrorist?

You may be confusing Manning with Snowden. Edward Snowden was the one who released info on the NSA spying on US citizens.

Manning didn't expose NSA spying activities. Manning claims that two events needed to be exposed so that people would know the horrors of war, and even if that was the case, it wasn't his place to disclose it. Furthermore, the documents he released to WikiLeaks went far beyond these two incidents and put not only my bothers and sisters at risk, but civilians in the diplomatic community.

I am confusing the two! However though many Americans believe that she was correct to, leak what she did regardless of; the consequences to even themselves!
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    6+ hours in the ER. I'm spent.
  • angelxsss

<3 sorry hun
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member

Awww it's tough when parents get older and we become the grown ups
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    Awww it's tough when parents get older and we become the grown ups

This...

@MalkinMagic71 Hope everything is going OK!
  • Jakenb
    Jakenb Posts: 8 Member
    I'm 20 years young and I'm addicted to sex and food.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Jakenb wrote: »
    I'm 20 years young and I'm addicted to sex and food.

Sounds about par for the course. :lol:
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    I confess that today hasnt started off too good.

I felt a panic attack coming on last night but i was able to breathe and calm myself back down. The bad part is my body was in over drive for so long that when i woke up this morning i was really exhausted, my arms and knees feel especially weak. I'm probably not going to work today, I feel so out of it.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    I confess that today hasnt started off too good.

I felt a panic attack coming on last night but i was able to breathe and calm myself back down. The bad part is my body was in over drive for so long that when i woke up this morning i was really exhausted, my arms and knees feel especially weak. I'm probably not going to work today, I feel so out of it.

Rest if you need to :*