Replies

• brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    ^^copy paste from my Facebook
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited January 2017
    What is easy mac?

I think it's the single serving cups of mac and cheese (the "kraft dinner" type) that cooks in the microwave.

Yup! And it's nasty! :s

cky2r7kj0nes.jpg

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    What is easy mac?

I think it's the single serving cups of mac and cheese (the "kraft dinner" type) that cooks in the microwave.

Yup! And it's nasty!

cky2r7kj0nes.jpg

I don't think they even call it easy mac anymore. Mine just says Kraft macaroni & cheese. I do buy it as a quick lunch sometimes, though I prefer the velveeta shells & cheese version if I'm going with the processed cheese product.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    At least cut up some hotdogs in it for protein.

I retained water just thinking about all that sodium.

One Oscar Mayer Selects turkey hot dog has 480mg of sodium, and 1 "cup" of Easy Mac has 670mg. That's 1,150mg... twice a day and you're at your sodium max for the day. I go over 2,000mg and you could tie a string to me and put me in the Macy's Day Parade. :neutral:

Yeah I have no idea. I eat more sodium than that daily for sure.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member

One Oscar Mayer Selects turkey hot dog has 480mg of sodium, and 1 "cup" of Easy Mac has 670mg. That's 1,150mg... twice a day and you're at your sodium max for the day. I go over 2,000mg and you could tie a string to me and put me in the Macy's Day Parade. :neutral:

Oh hai! Your profile pic gave you away since I've totally seen that on IG. :wink:
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member

Oh hai! Your profile pic gave you away since I've totally seen that on IG. :wink:

Or you just know my *kitten* like the back of your hands. I want my old friends back on here. I'll make a post on IG. But my starting weight is screwed up. Do you know how to fix it?

(Done derailing thread, sorry).
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member

Or you just know my *kitten* like the back of your hands. I want my old friends back on here. I'll make a post on IG. But my starting weight is screwed up. Do you know how to fix it?

I'm not sure if I should be proud of that first sentence or slightly ashamed (but not too much). :smirk:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

I don't know about from the app, but you should be able to edit from the website. >My Home >Check in >Edit previous entries (at the bottom of the table, just above save changes. That should take you there.

As for the OP, sounds nutritionally void (depending on what else you are consuming), and may lead to difficulties with maintenance. Possible health complications for long-term, but who knows. Have you looked at your micro targets (vitamins and minerals, to see if you are hitting those as well? I have eaten them a couple times. They aren't the worst thing I've put in my mouth while trying to lose weight.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    True story:

When I left home at 16 with my dog in tow, I had *very* little money to feed either of us on.

Kraft Dinner was on sale for 17 cents a box. (This was in in late '60's!) So I gathered every dime I could and bought a freaking case of it. 48 boxes.

Figured that my dog and I could split a box of it between us for dinner every night and at least neither of us would starve to death. ;)

Problem was, I couldn't afford the milk or the butter that you're supposed to use to make the powdered cheese sauce decent. So I just boiled the noodles and added water to the powder to make the sauce. It was pretty gross, but it's all we had.

After about two weeks of having this as our only meal of the day, I made up the usual batch, and put half of it into my dog's dish. She walked over to it, sniffed it, and then looked up at me with a look that clearly said, "I just can't do this." When my freaking dog turned it down, I knew we were in trouble! LOL

To this day - almost fifty years later - just the smell of Kraft dinner makes me gag. :D

Swap dog for cat and Kraft Dinner for tuna noodle casserole and you have 2 years of me being at uni!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member

Your avatar would look adorable in the parade! <3
  • brewerfan13
    Dinner tonight serving of easy Mac and a cup of tomato basil soup. Will definitely get in a bedtime meal with some pb toast and a protein shake. Can't post pic on the forum?
  • brewerfan13
    zamphir66 wrote: »
    The overwhelming question still has not been answered. Why Easy Mac specifically?

Mainly because it is cheap and easy. Easy meal prep for lunch at work all I need is access to water and a microwave. Plus it has a catchy name - the Easy Mac Diet.

I'm doing the contra of what many do at the beginning of a new year. I'm not getting on a plan that I can't stick to. This diet is eat what I want to eat when I want to eat it, but having the easy Mac as the one item that is in my consumption every day - and staying within my daily calorie target.

I'm working on calories out > calories in without being overly concerned about the macros. Adding in cardio 4 days a week.

One thing I am trying to limit is my beer intake. That alone is the biggest contributor to the weight I've packed on. I had a 16oz beer yesterday, 4 or 5 less than I normally would have.