Teacher says Pop Tarts are not a healthy snack

Options

Replies

• Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Might be worth a read:

www.womensweekly.co.nz/relationships/parenting-and-family/how-to-destroy-your-kids-lives-21855
  • dfc4
    dfc4 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

no references to back up the assertation....woo science

I personally do noit need science to realize that a processed food is not as good for you as fruit & Veg....all these pro "Pop snackers" here are on MFP for a reason....because they arent happy or werent happy with the way they were.
    We are counting cals, training...trying to get back on track and be healthy and we are sending our kids to school with a bunch of processed crap to eat.......
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    rosnz wrote: »
    This irritates me too. My son for 5 years every day took only 3 plain bread rolls for his lunch. No butter no filling no fruit. Nothing else. That's what he wanted and that's what he had. I made sure it was all balanced with a big healthy sustaining breakfast and after school tea / dinner etc . This teacher has no idea of what else your kid eats in a day. I bet some of those tucking into An apple and hummus dip are eating KFC for dinner!

What's wrong with KFC? Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    This irritates me too. My son for 5 years every day took only 3 plain bread rolls for his lunch. No butter no filling no fruit. Nothing else. That's what he wanted and that's what he had. I made sure it was all balanced with a big healthy sustaining breakfast and after school tea / dinner etc . This teacher has no idea of what else your kid eats in a day. I bet some of those tucking into An apple and hummus dip are eating KFC for dinner!

It's the F of KFC.

Shhhh... Don't tell but they sell it grilled too.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

It's the F of KFC.

Shhhh... Don't tell but they sell it grilled too.

;)

And for the record, hummus isn't exactly low cal or low fat, either. It's just trendy and pretentious.

Like quinoa and chia seeds. :)

Which are now apparently passe, too.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/food-news/88093154/forget-kale-and-chia-seeds-these-are-the-new-superfoods-for-2017

<Sigh> Who can keep up? B)
  • th1nr
    th1nr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So I know I'm on the 12th page of comments so someone has probably already brought this up and also I'm probably going to get hate for siding with the teacher, but my two cents is that the teacher has to deal with your kid all day. A lot of kids, when they gorge on sugary foods go crazy, can't focus, have too much energy. And then they crash. This is one thing when they're playing outside and about to go to bed in a few hours but it's not a good way for them to be when they should be focusing on schoolwork.

Also if one kid has dessert as a snack, all the other kids will want it too.
This discussion has been closed.