edited January 2017
    Options
    rd74.png

Thanks, Marni!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    didnt really sleep well and woke up at about 3:40 am..I am sorta stuck in the bedroom here because if I walk out to the kitchen the dog will start barking and wake Faith up.. dopey thing..so I will wait another hr and then try and sneak in there ,,, pick him up and close her door so she can sleep and get the dog outside.
    today I am working 8:30-5 and then changing and going to Pattys house... she is hosting us girls as today is Diane(office manager) last day.. so we are all going for a nice diner at her house.. Patty is the hygienist , as is Jeanette, Zina and I are Dental assistant, Mary front office manager.. and we have a part time hygienist Laura.. so she will be there also.. Pattys house is on a busy street and can only have 2 cars parked there so I have to park down the street and either walk or have Mark pick me up(Pattys hubby)
    Sean and Jean at the Cape.. and I hope they have a good time... it is just so hard taking care of an elderly parent. especially with Alzheimers .. glad I can help out...
    tomorrow I work 7:30 - noon and will be back up here for the afternoon and evening, and then sunday im here until they come home...
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I am interested in the discussion on Vitamin D supplements. I have not yet taken any supplements. Did you just start on your own or did you check with a doctor first.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    marni you are such a giving person, I am sorry for the loss of your mother, sounds like a very special and important person in your life. You gave her your all. We just had the third anniversary of our mother's passing. I feel blessed I remember all her amazing strengths and feel that all of the bad parts are relieved and I have let them go- I just feel that way - not everyone of my siblings do, but I felt I had to let them go, no regrets.

Glad it is Friday. Overall a very well planned and executed week of self care- good exercise and good eating. As I like to say: Lather, rinse, repeat!

Tip for the week: look for "improving" books for renewed energy when feeling down. Sometimes the simplest little quote or activity can lift the negative self talk that is habitual (at least it can be in my head).

Happy Friday, NYKAREN
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Didn't sleep well last night but thankfully it's Friday.

Asked about my garden - we plant enough veggies to stock our freezer for the winter. We grow everything that will make it in our climate. I am an organic gardener so rely on complimentary planting to ward off disease and insects. Last year we had a drought so had a lot of crop failure. I have everything ready just waiting for March to start my seedlings.

I have to do some creative work at the office today and not feeling up to it.

Wishing everyone a good day, meet your goals and be proud of who you are!
    Sarah, Ontario, Canada
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Morning, all,

Thanks for the support on quitting, ladies! For some reason, it feels like it's the last time. Honestly, Chantix is miraculous.

NSV - Actually got eight hours sleep last night. Looked at my Fitbit, and it's only the second time in the three years I've been wearing one that I've been able to sleep that long at one stretch. In the last two nights, my restlessness has cut in half as well, down from 15 or 20 times a night to 6 and 9 times. Perhaps the Synthroid's beginning to work. That would be lovely.

And, today should see me finish the T-shirt tapestry/quilt I've been working on. It's ended up a bit over 10 feet wide by 12 feet long, so I literally don't have a place to hang it - even the rafters in the warehouse are only ten feet off the ground. Luckily, they have 14-foot ceilings in the concert hall where it will be hung. Hopefully I can get a picture after it's installed.

Marni - I'm in awe of your caring spirit. It sounds like you're realizing you have to care for yourself as well. I had to work through my own reasons for gaining--I was heavy from my teens on up, and I had to have a gastric bypass and lose a hundred pounds before I figured out it was to keep me safe from my father, my abuser. The fat suit I threw on then was very successful at keeping me protected from him and men in general for a lot of years. Until I could step out from under it, I couldn't even see why it was there. It's a tremendous weight off your spirit when you can lay down the burdens you place on yourself without even knowing. Much luck on that journey.

Sandy C in WV
    - welcome! Welcome to everyone who's new... this is an amazing set of women who hold each other up through thick and thin (literally :)).

I got sewing to do - love y'all!
    Lisa in West Texas
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I am here, but way behind in reading.

Just stopping by to wave. Lots of things to do ....

Later

Lillian in balmy +2 C West Central Saskatchewan
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Glo thanks for thinking of me! You're another inspiration working, taking care of two grandsons & keeping it all together...all I've got is Wayne & his appointments, doesn't seem like much in comparison!

I've been giving it a good deal of thought & I think my word is going to be thankful

• DJ2963
    DJ2963 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Greetings all:) I have been on MFP previously but had some knee issues last year and I fell off the train. Had lost 20 pounds but gained it all back and totally out of shape again but I am rejuvenated and ready to begin my HEALTHY LIVING JOURNEY again. I liked the format of this discussion and would really like to be a part of this group. Support and motivation is the key to success. Plus it will keep me honest. I am 53 and began my journey last week so I am still pretty motivated. Here's to a living a healthy lifestyle!!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Well, today is just one of those days. Had to cut my exercise time short because I wanted to get to the store to get Vince soda on sale. As I was getting one of the bottles down, I knocked another bottle and it burst on the floor. I told Vince last night that we should try to get as much in the car as possible. But he didn't. Now it's drizzling out. Oh, NOW he's backing the Outlook out of the garage so "you can get things in the car". That's what I wanted to do last night. Oh well.... I had to wait for him to finish a glass to run the dishwasher, then I had to wait until it was finished so I could empty it. Talk about not being very good at time management! At least when it comes to things that don't directly affect him

Then I needed to put my sneaker and sock in the dryer since they were wet only I couldn't figure out how to put the thing in the dryer that you put shoes on so I just put the shoe in the dryer. I think Vince shut the dryer off but I turned it back on.

Oh, it's raining harder now. Vince tells me it'll slow down and to "chill". Well...it's not slowing down.

DJ - welcome! Another DJ! Please give us a name you'd like us to call you so we can keep the two of you separate.

I don't think this rain is going to let up..

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!
    1325015io4wud62gd.gif
    Will post some pics from our vacation later today.

Due to a flight and carrier change yesterday I arrived home without my luggage!!!! United says they are working on it. Did I mention I dislike traveling by air?! Have a few errands to run otherwise I must rest my tootsies and right hip today. I'll unpack my travel backpack and await the arrival of my luggage. More upset about the Disney gifts inside that my daughter picked out for me than all the other contents of that bag!

I'll try and read through the backlog of posts...such a chatty group we are....till then hugs, prayers, blessings, and kudos for all in need or deserving!

Cheri
    glad to be home in College Station, TX and mentally planning my next Disney Vacation 1064456twzua4zmng.gif
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,970 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hello ladies!

My blood work came in yesterday. Not official since I don't see doc until next Thursday but all numbers were within normal rang except my glucose! Even my vitamin D which I really thought would be low due to my blue mood. But it was within range. I was taking 2k in a day, but my chiropractor had me up it to 2k twice a day. I upped it to 10 k after reading this thread on my own. No difference in mood so will drop it back to 4K a day per my chiropractor. Number is within range but on low end.

Happy about liver count and all the other numbers being good. Glucose has been hight for the last 20 years as I am type 2 diabetic diet controlled. Just lucky it hasn't progressed to needing meds.

Blues lifting a little as I made a conscious decision to STOP feeling so sorry for myself. I feel like everything I've done in my life was for nothing. Working on that mindset. Taking Celexa and Trazadone to help with this.

Later!
    Rita from CT

Ps.. stay warm Alaska friends! Just saw predictions for -50 degrees there today!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I spent about 3 hours yesterday walking around my Mom's house trying to put things in like areas...picture frames, linens, nick nacks, brass items, etc. This is an ongoing task to do for someone who never threw anything away. She even saved the plastic forks and spoons you get with take outs. 91 yrs of "stuff". My sister does not want to have a garage sale, but, it seems a bit foolish to just give everything away to the thrift.

Marnie ~ Hugs for you. My mom just passed right before Christmas and I think/dream about her every day. You have spent your life caring for others and I admire you so much for that.

Sherry and Allie ~ Hang in there gals! Life is so scary but you are both to be commended with dealing with the problems you are facing.

Think I will go get some Vit. D today. Maybe it will help my knees.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    /
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Carol I can relate. The degree of pain varies. Last night sleeping not too bad. Today it is very painful.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA: I'm glad to hear that you're having a good morning. I love your quotation today, "Whatever fortune brings, don't be afraid of doing things." - Herman Melville :heart:

pitegny: I hope this is the second week of a very long, successful & happy experience improving your health with the support of this great group. I did discuss the Vitamin D3 with my doctor at the beginning. I have a new doctor now and she has a complete list of the medicines and supplements that I take. :star:

Janetr: Your nails are glorious! :bigsmile:

Heather: I'm happy to hear that you're having a good time in Mexico. :star:

Michele: Our Christmas decorations have been back in their boxes for weeks, but they're piled on a table in the garage. We need to put them in the attic. So far it hasn't been a top priority. DH hasn't been up to the task. Typically, he is the person at the bottom of the ladder & I'm at the top in the garage attic. We use a rope and pulley system to haul things up and I stack them in their places. :flowerforyou:

Beth: Worrying about a son's aides giving him proper care would certainly be a big stressor & could cause headaches. I hope it isn't the gluten because it can be hidden in so many things. We went gluten free for a while in hopes that it would improve DH's MS symptoms. It didn't improve the MS symptoms at all so we went back to using products with gluten & it didn't cause him trouble because gluten wasn't the problem. Enjoy your coffee catch up. :star:

Karen in VA: Vitamin D has been a big help for me, too. :smiley:

Mary: I didn't know that dark circles under your eyes were a symptom of vitamin D deficiency. Thanks for the information. :smiley:

Sherry: Good luck! (((HUGS)))

Pip: A former coworker was married to a woman who worked for a company that was an excellent place to work. It turned out to be Amazon. He retired from teaching and they moved to Seattle. That was more than a decade ago. I believe she was an executive level accountant. :flowerforyou:

Re: Oftentimes non-scale victories are the best kind. You got a bucket load of them at the dentist's office. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Marni/AK: You've had a tough few years. I took a grief class at our local hospital after my dad passed away. The grief class was lead by the hospital chaplain and he did a great job with helping people work through loss and let go of guilt. It was amazingly helpful to me. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

I'm looking forward to going to Yoga today, after a week away. I Need to stay storng and yoga is just right for me to accomplish that. I'm supposed to have a riding lesson tomorrow. I am considering cancelling because I'm just not quite feeling up to par, or up to spending an hour in a very cold arena. Will decide later today.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

I spent about 3 hours yesterday walking around my Mom's house trying to put things in like areas...picture frames, linens, nick nacks, brass items, etc. This is an ongoing task to do for someone who never threw anything away. She even saved the plastic forks and spoons you get with take outs. 91 yrs of "stuff". My sister does not want to have a garage sale, but, it seems a bit foolish to just give everything away to the thrift...

Carol in GA

Carol - I have an opinion on garage sales. They take a lot of time, you have to organize it all, advertise the garage sale, set it up the morning of the sale, spend all day at the sale, and then deal with the stuff that's left over. If you are going to make a ton of money it might be worth it, but divide the amount you think you'll make by the hours you will put into the garage sale and see if it's worth your time. I donate stuff to Goodwill and take the tax deduction, which is usually more than I would make from a garage sale. Just my two cents' worth. If you have a few items that are really valuable, you can make special arrangements to sell them through an antique auction company or on Ebay, etc.

Marni I lost my beloved mother in 2001 and I miss her every. single. day. It doesn't bring me to tears as often as it used to, and I have many happy memories to balance the sadness, but I can so relate to your sadness and grieving. (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    Katla- it was awesome working there, I was there for 6 yrs., no dress code. I was known for wearing pajama bottoms