Are men afraid to ask for a women's number?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Men here tend to state, "Let's swap digits" or "do you want to Kik me."

Short answer, if he likes you, he will ask you or stalk you.

#SmallTownAmerica

Why would someone you meet in person want to Kik?

I suspect it feels safer to give out your Kik address than your phone number or even email.

Safer than what? You've met in person. I'm a female and I'm not afraid of someone having my number. If they're crazy, just block them.

you'd be surprised all the things I can find on the internet with your phone number.

Maybe I just have good judgement then. I've never had an issue when giving a guy my number. Plus, I'm not crazy, so guys don't need to worry about me doing anything with their numbers.

crazy?

.... it's not my number that I would worry about.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Well, i remember the very first woman I asked for her number gave it to me. So, I think a guy should try.
    She was my first love. Jacquie with the long brown hair. We were in kindergarten and I walked her home on the last day of school. Well, not all the way to her house. I was a bit afraid that if I got too far off the beaten path I might get lost on the way back. I walked her to the end of her street.
    Then I asked her for her phone number, so I could call her over the summer.
    She said yes! And, I was over the moon!
    I still remember the number she gave me.
    Never saw her again. She never came to first grade.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    I think the last time I asked for a number it was a waitress at Applebee's. She gave it to me but I had already been flirting with her a little before.

Had a Chili's waiter ask me for my number once when I was out with my daughters. I was so clueless that he was actually hitting on me, since he was younger and super cute. I thought he wanted it for some survey thing. Nope. Haha!
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    chrissyw30 wrote: »
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    Most guys fear getting rejected and most females go on a power trip after saying no, so the male sex has resorted to facebook stalking. Plain and simple.

The best way I think to lure in a woman is to have a decadent brownie on a plate (obviously the classier the presentation the classier the lady you will attract..for example whip cream, caramel fudge drizzle, hazelnuts) attached to a string. When the lady tries to get the brownie you simply pull the string in a little, then a little more and soon she'll be at your house where you can have the whole pan of brownies waiting. If you have wine there as well....you don't even need to get her phone number.

That would work for me!!! Or a trail of m&ms! Lol

Peanut or regular?
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Lol before social media? We're about the same age (I'm 24)... there is no "before" social media! And men approach me all the time but ONLY in certain settings. Like- never @ the grocery store, the library, or a park (you know- the cute places where you would WANT them to approach) always at night when I'm out to dinner, at a bar, or at a party. So I kind of get what you're saying.
  • RUN_LIFT_EAT_
    RUN_LIFT_EAT_ Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Would never ask the number of someone unless we had hit it off in an actual conversation. I find it creepy to ask the number of a complete stranger.

Same here. I'd assume a girl would look at a strange guy asking for her number like he had a peen on his forehead. However, if I had even a few minutes of conversation, then it wouldn't be an issue. Plus, talking for a few minutes would clue me in to whether she just got off the crazy train!
  • ChrissyDomer
    ChrissyDomer Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Most guys fear getting rejected and most females go on a power trip after saying no, so the male sex has resorted to facebook stalking. Plain and simple.

The best way I think to lure in a woman is to have a decadent brownie on a plate (obviously the classier the presentation the classier the lady you will attract..for example whip cream, caramel fudge drizzle, hazelnuts) attached to a string. When the lady tries to get the brownie you simply pull the string in a little, then a little more and soon she'll be at your house where you can have the whole pan of brownies waiting. If you have wine there as well....you don't even need to get her phone number.

Peanut or regular?

Regular, and I'll just dip them in a jar of peanut butter
  • LeWahnderful
    LeWahnderful Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    shaunte92 wrote: »
    Lol before social media? We're about the same age (I'm 24)... there is no "before" social media! And men approach me all the time but ONLY in certain settings. Like- never @ the grocery store, the library, or a park (you know- the cute places where you would WANT them to approach) always at night when I'm out to dinner, at a bar, or at a party. So I kind of get what you're saying.

Yes ! lol I'm 25, but if you think about it even 5 years ago when I was 20... 2012, many people still hadn't had iPhones/smart phones and people were still primarily on Facebook, and just getting to Instagram so yes, within 5 years I've noticed a big difference. I've always looked "mature" so I was getting hit on when I was 14/15
  • bloodsy
    bloodsy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Someone asked for my number just yesterday so I wanna say yes. But it doesn't happen often. When it does it's always the arrogant dudes from the gym.

How do you know that they are arrogant if you've never spoken to them before? Perhaps they are just confident in themselves.
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options

Peanut or regular?

Regular, and I'll just dip them in a jar of peanut butter

It's gotta be crunchy not creamy!