Keto 3 Week Challenge

Replies

• Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Kilika735 I am not very educated on protein powder but, I do know that whey and vegetable based protein powder would probably not have any or very few carbs.
    I looked a few sites up online for you that might be able to help.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/555970-what-is-a-good-protein-shake-for-a-ketosis-diet/

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2014/05/20/All-You-Need-to-Know-About-Protein-on-a-Low-Carb-Ketogenic-Diet

http://www.tasteaholics.com/keto-gains/low-carb-protein-powder/

Thanks so much for the links! Sometimes I just can't do eggs or meat in the am, so a shake is a good option for me.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    @fanncy0626 The Lays potato chips went out in my DH work van. I never tried fajita seasoned chicken breast. Do you bake or grill it. Good job on the Mt Dew!

@pwrfl1 Thank you.. and thank you for sharing your story! You must feel amazing..Congratulations on your tremendous success! Blue cheese is one our top favorites. I buy it in crumbles, we eat it by the spoonfuls sometimes ( I call it our "dessert") BC, mayo, basalmic vinegar would work with some bacon bits on top?

@lwhayes820 Happy 50th Birthday!!! :) Yes..I couldn't of said it any better.. says a fellow procrastinator here!!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    lwhayes- sorry I missed that! Happy Birthday! I have 9 years on you so you are going to have awesome results!
  • isitasexyfox
    isitasexyfox Posts: 33 Member
    I'm in. Just did all my cooking and meal preparation for the week. I'm good to go fully Keto for the first time in two years.
    First time I've started properly so let's see the outcome. I've also started the gym and I run so hoping that has a positive effect on results.
  • fanncy0626
    I'm in. Just did all my cooking and meal preparation for the week. I'm good to go fully Keto for the first time in two years.
    First time I've started properly so let's see the outcome. I've also started the gym and I run so hoping that has a positive effect on results.

We're glad you are able to join us! You are going to have very positive results!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    lwhayes HAPPY BIRTHDAY ux9t2ftirfrz.jpeg
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    edited January 2017
    BeLLe_60. . Yes to the mayo basalmic vinegar and bacon! Had to smile that blue cheese is like dessert for you....I gotta admit, it is for me too!! Thank you for the sincere compliment too.....I do feel amazing!
  • azsundancer
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    BeLLe_60. . Yes to the mayo basalmic vinegar and bacon! Had to smile that blue cheese is like dessert for you....I gotta admit, it is for me too!! Thank you for the sincere compliment too.....I do feel amazing!

:):)
  • azsundancer
    edited January 2017
    Yesterday was my 1st legit ratio count day too see where I am with the numbers. While I was mindful with eatly less carbs. We did have pizza for dinner. I had the thinner Calif Kitchen thin crust pepperoni instead of the usual Safeway Spinach Mushroom thicker crust.

My *starting ratios for this week

1700 cals

carbs 22 % 374 cals 93.5 grams
    protein 18% 306 cals 76.50 grams
    fat 60% 1020 cals 113.33 grams

I am working on upping my water also...as suggested by Mary.

*Also welcome to all the newbies. :)
  • fanncy0626
    BeLLe- fantastic results! You should have it easy time transitioning!
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Count me in. Haven't read all the posts but I am probably the only one that's doing it on a vegan diet.
  • fanncy0626
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Count me in. Haven't read all the posts but I am probably the only one that's doing it on a vegan diet.

Awesome! You will be a great asset to other vegans on upcoming challenges... :)
  • fanncy0626
    DDHFree- I found this very informational site for you!

http://ketomotive.com/vegan-ketogenic-diet/

I hope this gives you a lot of information!

Mary
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    DDHFree- I found this very informational site for you!

http://ketomotive.com/vegan-ketogenic-diet/

I hope this gives you a lot of information!

Mary

Wow Mary, you are so darn helpful. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't stop reading the site. This has increased my motivation.
  • fanncy0626
    This week I will be concentrating on getting closer to the keto macro requirement. You can pre-log food choices into your diary and check the nutritional pie chart to see how it aligns with the keto macro requirement. Stock up on healthy fats and oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, butter, fatty meats, avocados... check out the information from the first page for foods to eat and not to eat. It is important to remember that we are trying to go into ketosis which is the fat burning mode. We need to make sure we meet that macro requirement. Below I have a couple of sites that you might be interested in to help reach that goal.

https://blog.bulletproof.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/

http://paleomagazine.com/what-are-ketogenic-fat-bombs-recipes-how-to-make

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    edited January 2017
    BeLLe- sorry I spaced out your question on the fajita chicken. I make a special fajita chicken for this keto diet. I usually make a 5 pound batch at a time. I take skinless boneless chicken breasts and aproximately 1 tablespoon of fajita seasoning for each pound and bake it. Then I cut it up in three-quarter inch cubes. This is in preparation for my salad. I put it into 4 ounce portions. Because of the high fat that we need when I actually make my salad I warm the chicken in olive oil. The ingredients are listed below and come in almost spot on for the keto macros.

4 oz fajita chicken
    1tbl olive oil
    1oz cheese
    1/2c sour cream
    1/2c fire roasted jalapeño salsa
    2c romaine lettuce
    I heat the fajita chicken in the olive oil to increase fat content.
    I mix the sour cream and salsa for the dressing
    Combine all ingredients.

500 calories. This is high in calories because of the added fat. However you Will be more than satisfied after this meal.

I could eat this almost every day of the week!
  • azsundancer
    edited January 2017
    Thanks Mary!!! I will catch up in the morn....
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    @pwrfl1 - Two BIG thank yous! First, encouraging. Your success is outstanding! Second, best e-card EVER!
  • lwhayes820
    Well, most of my post got cut off!

@DDHFree - how's it going? Good to see you and glad you're joining the journey!

@BeLLe - we got this! One day at a time!

@fanncy0626- thanks for keeping us on track. Awesome suggestion to pre-log. I'm on it. I read KetoDiet links. Very insightful. I have my macros. Meal planning in progress. I need to recheck my salad portions. After looking at the beautiful pictures of the veggies- I may be overdoing my veggie intake - thus, a great idea to pre-log. Didn't think you could ever overdo the green, leafy type veggies!

Thanks Team!
  • lwhayes820
    @KetoneKaren - beautiful pictures of veggies! Awesome idea! Still can't believe that quart sized bag is 20g!