Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    200 supposedly for 20 reps but I got in my own head for real pm the last set of five. I was disappointed for sure. But after three really *kitten* half reps I repacked and went for a second round.
    I really need confidence on heavy weight to grind them. Definitely a big weakness.
    https://youtu.be/u-8gyjGQ9p8

I also did a compressed one for ig for people with no attention span lol

Just awesome!

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    200 supposedly for 20 reps but I got in my own head for real pm the last set of five. I was disappointed for sure. But after three really *kitten* half reps I repacked and went for a second round.
    I really need confidence on heavy weight to grind them. Definitely a big weakness.
    https://youtu.be/u-8gyjGQ9p8

I also did a compressed one for ig for people with no attention span lol

Super proud of you. I know how much of a grind this is and just the mental gymnastics that we go through just to get under the bar sometimes and especially at the tail end of the program.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Super proud of you. I know how much of a grind this is and just the mental gymnastics that we go through just to get under the bar sometimes and especially at the tail end of the program.

Thank you. I'm going to push ahead and hope that this was so challenging because it was last rotations final number and was very mental- but we'll see how it goes. I feel like I'll be very happy if I can get reps at 215- so that will be next monday I suppose- 205 today and 210 on Saturday if all goes according to plan. So grindy at this point. I get in a hurry and want to be done and I feel like just resting at the top makes me more tired- so it's a bit of a gamble to "go for it" or just rest a little more. Haven't worked that out yet at this weight LOL
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Your lifts always look like you had more in ya. They come up quick.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    So- this marks the middle of week 5 of this program for me.

205 for 20 reps. I asked a friend to help me for 20 forced reps. I got to 17 I think all on my own- 18 was a slight help and 19 and 20 I think (I think) were pretty much him bailing me out from the bottom of the hole.

It IS indeed as awkward as it looks- I forgot to remind him that I have breasts- and odds are he's going to touch them if I get in a jam. So my poor friend was trying not to crack up because he was uncomfortable and I was trying not to die and I'm not used to forced reps and getting helped up out of the hole. So yeah- I almost feel over- and I almost died. I think the plan will be to do 210 and 215 forced and call it a day. I train alone- and trying to force rep out 4 more sessions requires asking people to help- and while they are willing to do so- this takes like 3-5 minutes to get through- and it's a lot.

I *think* what I'd like to do is force rep 210 and 215- and then go to failure on 220 and 225. I've repped 225 for 6 before (which was what I based this program on) - so I'd like to see what failure will take me to on 225. 205 felt solid for 15 on my own- so I mean- I feel a little why not about it. If I got 225 for 10 I'd call this a happy success.

I don't know why you say you were struggling, they all looked fast as hell :smiley:

Titty touching is always touchey. I had an awkward moment at a meet once when I locked out my squat and my back spotter just reached around and grabbed them at the end for no apparent reason. I think he forgot he was spotting a woman. It was weird for everyone.

On an unrelated note, how do you link instagram videos?
  • JoRocka
    Options
    HA HA HA HA- that's because IG won't let me post all *kitten* 4 minutes of it- I forgot to load the thing up on youtube- where you can witness all the giggling awkward in it's full glory.

I didn't care honestly- I was just trying not to die. LMAO.

Fortunately for me (and or him?) he's a pretty good friend- I should get someone shorter though- poor E is like 6 plus- so him trying to get me out of the hole is a pain in the *kitten*- coupled with the titty touching- it was just- HA- fun times.

I think at lock out it would have been weird for sure- Like- I'm up dude- I'm good- I don't need your help.

IG videos- I hit the 3 dots at the top that say "copy share url" and it copies to my clipboard then I just hit paste.

I also have a "Regramm" app- so I don't know if that has something to do with it. (WHY THE ***K you can't regram something w/ in the actual IG system I have no idea- I need a bloody app to repost something from someone else- that's stupid)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    I've spotted women and have never had to grab their boobs to help them out of the hole. Of course if I were stuck and about to die I wouldn't care too much. If someone grabbed me by the balls and squeezed I'd probably come up out of the hole super fast,lol.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    I've spotted women and have never had to grab their boobs to help them out of the hole. Of course if I were stuck and about to die I wouldn't care too much. If someone grabbed me by the balls and squeezed I'd probably come up out of the hole super fast,lol.
    I actually offered that to E for his next squat set- unsure why he declined. *shrug*

I think there is a little learning curve on where to comfortably put your hands- we don't have many women that need a real actual help out of the hole on a spot. I'd say most of the time we get a spot it's for mental security- I can't say I've ever seen any of the girls really spotted out of the hole on a real heavy lift. So- not many of the guys have to actually do it.

I suspect the fact that my friend is f**king huge didn't help- him being down that low to the grown is undoubtedly awkward.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    So you educated him on proper spotting,lol. I was at the gym with my 24 year old nephew and surprised at what he dead lifted. He weighs 185 and hit a set of 10 with 410 lbs. I was impressed. He had been struggling with lifts, now he is all scientific about it and doing well.

Been helping my 14 year old nephew too. He benched 225 for 4 and 250 for a single weighing 162. I'm damn, only a freshman too.

• JoRocka
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    So you educated him on proper spotting,lol. I was at the gym with my 24 year old nephew and surprised at what he dead lifted. He weighs 185 and hit a set of 10 with 410 lbs. I was impressed. He had been struggling with lifts, now he is all scientific about it and doing well.

Been helping my 14 year old nephew too. He benched 225 for 4 and 250 for a single weighing 162. I'm damn, only a freshman too.

yeah- it'll be better next time LMAO.

Damn- that's impressive- I wish I was young and was more serious about training back then- I was running and we did lift in the off season- but I didn't get serious about it till late high school into college. Man where I could have been had I taken it seriously.

Glad they are moving along making progress with it- that's fricking cool.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Yeah, I'm old and running out of certain lifts I can do. Wonder myself had I not stopped lifting at 34 where would I be now. But I will keep lifting heavy in what I can and light in what I can't. Mean while I'll enjoy helping others succeed. I got a few more meets in me even if it's just benching.