exercise.png[\img]
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    1 FEB: 2 miles
    4 FEB: 2 miles
    5 FEB: 2 miles + arms/chest

6 of 40, 1 of 8 cross training

Gym workout for first time since early December.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    2/1- 8.1
    2/2- REST
    2/3- 4.23
    2/4- 14.11
    2/5- 3.16

Total: 29.6

Monthly goals:
    Mileage goal: 150
    Real Goal: Stay healthy enough to get into the swing of real marathon training.

Today's notes: 3.16 miles run on a mix of fresh snow and slippery compacted snow, so harder than I wanted. Good run nonetheless, and so ends week 3 of marathon training. Weekly recap will be in my thread in the group forum.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB You ran 22km on a treadwill? Wow, that's dedication! That's probably twice as hard as running 30km outside ;)

I HM on the treadmill every Saturday barring life shenanigans when the weather is garbage (and Canadian winter generally equals garbage lol). It is admittedly mentally much harder but I find my trail times are significantly faster as a result and, while it may be my imagination, I feel like it builds my quads up a bit better?

The positive side is no one has to witness my treadmill singing ;)
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    guys, how much is a marathon registration in the US? 90 eur for Rome!!! ok its late registration, but it is too expensive in my opinion

5 out of 15 miles literally in the sheet today, sheep yesterday made a mess on public roads, super frustrating

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    guys, how much is a marathon registration in the US? 90 eur for Rome!!! ok its late registration, but it is too expensive in my opinion
    I can't speak for the US. But I'm not sure if it depends on the country, more on the size of the race.
    I just looked at marathons in northern Germany (since I might go there end of March) and the late registration for the Hamburg Marathon is 85 Euro, while for the Kiel marathon it's 31 Euro - that one is smaller, but for example it also has the finish in the same spot as the depart, so there's no need for baggage transport, and they don't give away T-shirts, which also saves money.(unfortunately, the one is in April and the other in February, so I won't have to decide...)
    For the Lausanne marathon last year I paid 80 Euro early registration fee - seems crazy, but since I spent four month training for it, I told myself it was more like "20 Euro per month", and then it didn't sound so crazy anymore.

Maybe you can find another marathon except Rome which would be cheaper?
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Feb: 55 miles running.

exercise.png

1st: 0 miles, - MTD 0
    2nd: 3.42 miles, club hill training, both fitbit and tomtom batteries died - so distance is a best guess on what running buddies did - MTD 3.42
    3rd: 0 miles, Pilates and strength training- MTD
    4th: 3.12 miles Park Run - inaugural Blackpool Park Run - MTD 6.54
    5th: 0 miles - MTD 6.54

The Park Run had a very slow start with 330 runners navigating a narrow trail alongside the park lake. On the whole it felt like hard work which was reflected in a slow time!! It was fun and there was a fab turnout from my club.

Planned Races
    11th February : Mid Lancs Rossall Cross Country 4 miles :
    26th February : Stanley Park 10K :
    18th March : Cartmel 5K trail race :
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    2/1 6.3r 4.4w
    2/2 5.2r 5.3w
    2/3 0.0r 7.25w
    2/4 7.0r 0.5w
    2/5. 4.2r 0.0w
    Total so far = 22.7r +17.45w = 40.15 miles

Today sucked. My car decided to have its check engine light come on again for the second time in two months. So I had to search for a shop open on Sunday. And then tell me that they can't get it done today, so I had to leave it there and rent a car because I absolutely can't miss work tomorrow. This whole thing made my anxiety flare up big time, and I've spent a lot of the day in tears. I had just enough time to get in a short run after I got home with the rental car and before dinner. Boy, if I ever needed a run, it was today.

Of course this happened the week I have a huge job interview. I have the rental for two days... my car better be done by then because the interview is Wednesday.

Thank God for running.
  • runabirun
    runabirun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Running a Couch to 5k program in hopes of falling back into love with running (we weren't on speaking terms for a while there....)

exercise.png
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    2/5 - 3.0mi rest pace (9:34/mi) flat dirt path. Just a shakeout. Leaving tomorrow morning for a 16 day Hawaiian cruise. So Lot's of rest, food and beach running coming up! Nice gym on the ship too. So TM running at sea which is fun with the waves. I come back to Vegas a few days before BSB trail race. Hope all your training is going well!

2/1 - 60min boring gym cardio
    2/2 - 10 mi (trail) 1,043ft vert
    2/3 - 7.3mi (trail) 419ft vert
    2/4 - 4.32mi TM (8:09/mi)
    2/5 - 3.0mi (flat trail) 9:34/mi
    Total: 24.62/100mi

Upcoming races
    2/25: Blood Sweat and Beers 10k (mtn)
    2/26: Vegas Hot Chocolate 15k
    4/29: REVEL Mt Charleston (HM)
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    I can't speak for the US. But I'm not sure if it depends on the country, more on the size of the race.
    I just looked at marathons in northern Germany (since I might go there end of March) and the late registration for the Hamburg Marathon is 85 Euro, while for the Kiel marathon it's 31 Euro - that one is smaller, but for example it also has the finish in the same spot as the depart, so there's no need for baggage transport, and they don't give away T-shirts, which also saves money.(unfortunately, the one is in April and the other in February, so I won't have to decide...)
    For the Lausanne marathon last year I paid 80 Euro early registration fee - seems crazy, but since I spent four month training for it, I told myself it was more like "20 Euro per month", and then it didn't sound so crazy anymore.

Maybe you can find another marathon except Rome which would be cheaper?

There is Padua that's 50eur - I could pay the 90 euros but it does bother me in principle

But Rome is Rome! I'll sleep on it and then decide

I paid 35 euros only for Athens last year

Consider that gp certification is 60 euros and runcard other 30, and without them I cannot run anywhere in Italy.

And roads are full of sheet :smiley:

Will certainly register for my hometown verona, but this is in November and I want to do one in spring
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    @runabirun - good luck with the C25K!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Hurrah! Think I've worked out how to break my 7 mile barrier. I've been struggling to get beyond it, with fatigue setting in at 5 miles. Today I went for a flat route ( I get bored at about for miles so far off up a hill for a change of terrain usually), but plugged in a podcast to distract me.

It worked. So I'm starting to think the HM is doable after all.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @shanaber - sorry about your heart issues! That seems scary but I hope they are on top of everything to keep you healthy.

@louubelle16 I'm really sorry about your tough times. Sounds like the race was just what you needed physically and mentally. I hope it turns around for you now. You are tough to do so well after all that!

@ddmom0811 sounds like a fun race overall. I just had to sing A1A BEACHFRONT AVENUE! when I read that in your post. :) Stop, collaborate and listen.

Good job everyone else too - lots of great runs this weekend. I liked and awesomed!

Date :::: Miles :::: Feb MTD (goal = 70)
    02/01/17 :::: 2.6 :::: 2.6
    02/02/17 :::: 3.1 :::: 5.7
    02/03/17 :::: 2.6 :::: 8.3
    02/04/17 :::: 6.8 :::: 15.1
    02/05/17 :::: 4.0 :::: 19.1

I took a long walk with Stella this morning and then we had her obedience school so she was worn out and I was tired of being cold. So I hit the treadmill at the Y this afternoon, bribing myself with picking up some good stuff to make for dinner on the way home. The Y was quiet today!
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    February Running Challenge:

2/1 10 miles
    2/2 2.2 miles
    2/3 Rest day
    2/4 10 mile pace run
    2/5 20 mile run

Goal: 42.2 of 135

Upcoming Races:

Cowtown Marathon (Full) Feb 26 (Registered)
    XTERRA ATX Trail Run (21K) Apr 23 (Tentative)
    XTERRA Rock Dallas Trail Run (HM at night) May 27 (Tentative)
    XTERRA Jurassic Trail Run (HM at night) Jul 8 (Tentative)
    La Sportiva Vail Half Marathon: Jul 22 (Tentative)

Had my best 20 mile run and was able to run it non stop!! Woo hoo! I pray that the weather is like it was today during my run: cloudy and low 50s. I actually felt a surge if energy at 18 miles so I ran fast in the last mile. It felt so great to have a strong finish and finally complete 20 miles without having to stop for a bathroom break or to deal with twinges of knee pain.

3 more weeks until 26.2!!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @DDmom0811 great job on the half today!!!