2/1 3.0 Mi 3.0 52.0 Mi
    2/2. Yoga
    2/3. Rest
    2/4. 5.0 Mi. 8.0. 47.0 Mi
    2/5 Stretching and rest
    2/6 3.0 Mi 11.0 44.0 MI
    2/7 Rest
    2/8. 1.5 Mi. 12.5. 42.5 Mi

Planned on 3 miles today but there was a ridiculous amount of car exhaust fumes in the park for some reason and I was getting nauseated. I think I can make up the rest easily before the end of the month.

March 11- St Malachi 5 miler (partial course preview for Cleveland Half)
    May 20 - Cleveland Marathon 8K (Maybe)
    May 21 - Cleveland Marathon Half
    June 10 - Run and Ride Cedar Point 5k
    June 11 - Run and Ride Cedar Point Half Marathon (Back up Plan) or Quarter Marathon
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @stoshew71 except you don't see any of that on your run because it's dark. Hey I think one of those cars might be me! ha ha just kidding.

Actually, as I was putting this together, I was thinking the same thing about how dark it is in the morning. it's really not as pretty 5:30 in the morning as my pictures suggest. LOL

There was an old Tuesday morning route we used to do that took you out to Portal Lane then up Siena Vista Drive.
    I ran that route so many times early in the morning. Then I ran up Siena Vista on my own one morning when the sun was out and noticed a neighborhood park that I never noticed before. LOL

When I come up saying On Your Left, some decide to move left. One lady did this on Monday, so I was going to run in between her and her husband instead, but right at the last second, while looking over her shoulder at me, she decided to move right, directly in my path. I nearly ran her over.

This happens a lot because people like to run and wear headphones and blast the crap out of their music. When someone or multiple people I am coming up on are hogging the path or even just in general because I don't like to scare the crap out of people, I will try and make extra noise. Like cough, shuffle my feet harder on the ground, anything, even the "On your left". Some people are just so unaware, and when I can hear their music coming from the earphones when I am 10 feet behind them, then I know they don't know I am behind them.

I one time ran past this woman with her earphones blaring, and as I was along side her she got so startled that she jumped and squealed. Scared the crap out of her. I just shook my head and kept on going. I may have given her a friendly wave as to say sorry I startled you, but people need to be careful if they run with music blaring in their earphones. It's dangerous not only to you but others around you. Like what if I was a cyclist instead and this person just changed directions abruptly?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Where I live, pedestrians and cyclists are seen as lesser than drivers. When pedestrians or cyclists are hit by a vehicle, nothing happens even when the driver was clearly negligent. The only case I ever saw where the driver was held somewhat accountable was when a cyclist was killed when run over by a drunk driver. I'm not even sure the driver was charged with the death, just with driving drunk. Also, the guy was not a cyclist technically - was camping that night on private property when the vehicle left the roadway and ran over his tent. It just happens he was camping while on a week long cycling trip for an established and large ride.

Another cyclist last year nearby was hit and killed. The driver came up behind him and just kept driving. Driver says he just didn't see the cyclist, which was literally right in front of him. 7 months later, he was just given a traffic ticket. That's it!

Also recently, a driver in the next state over hit and killed a runner, then left the scene. He wasn't charged with anything at all because he claims he thought he hit a deer so he just kept on driving. Seriously?!

In my county last year, a driver hit a runner and killed her. She was running as part of the high school cross country team and doing a training run. Naturally, there was much public sympathy for the driver and a lot of outrage at the school for allowing their runners to go out and run. Nobody was asking why the driver didn't pay attention.

In the northern part of my state, a cyclist was hit and killed - similar story where he drove up behind a cyclist and drove right on through the bike and rider as though it wasn't there. Says he was distracted by his kid in the back seat. No charges.

Yet another driver who killed a cyclist and not charged is now being praised by the public for encouraging a law for bicycles in this state to use rear lights / flags. Sure - blame the bikes for your inability to pay attention to what is on the road in front of you...

Long story short: Drivers are allowed to negligently killed recreational users of roads without penalty. It has bothered me for some time now.

@midwesterner85
    It happens here in Texas too. A man who negligently didn't take his diabetes medication drove to Target and had a diabetic seizure while driving in the parking lot. He injured a few people and killed a 7 year old girl. I was in the store with my son, checking out at the time when I heard the crash. He ended up driving over the top of the right half of a car. (There was a guy in the parked car. Luckily, he was on the side nit smashed by the driver having a seizure, but was illegally parked in a handicapped space.) It was horrifying!! No murder conviction for him either. I'm sorry, but if you have a known medical condition that causes seizures and you don't take your medicine that prevents those seizures and you go out and kill a child, you deserve to go to jail! My step daughter has epilepsy and she takes the bus and gets rides no matter thr inconbenience because it would be too dangerous for her to drive since she could have a seizure at any time without warning.

Actually, that isn't what causes diabetic seizures - it is the opposite. Seizures result hypoglycemia, which occurs from taking too much medication. That's obviously an over-simplification, as it may have been that the timing of the dose didn't match food; or it could be that exercise dropped BG; or it could be that a correction bolus was over-calculated. Or one of many other possibilities. Diabetics who take insulin can not prevent every hypoglycemic episode... I've had diabetes for more than 2 decades. However, we need to know when to recognize the symptoms of hypoglycemia and respond. That's the part where the driver failed.

I definitely am not an expert on diabetes and am just trying to simplify the story. the news reported that he was diabetic, didn't take his medication that morning, and had an episode where he had a seizure, slamming on the gas while unconscious, injuring pedestrians and killing a child. The point was that it wasn't a 1st for him, he knew he had a condition, and went out and drove anyway, and didnt get convicted of murder. I'm definitely no expert and trust whatever you say caused it.

I'm sure the news didn't get their facts straight because failing to take diabetes medication doesn't cause a seizure, it causes hyperglycemia. That's a much slower process, and while fatigue is a symptom (every driver has been behind the wheel while tired), it doesn't explain the circumstances. If he really had a seizure, it would have been from hypoglycemia, not hyperglycemia. I'm positive the news got the story wrong (or at least 2nd hand reporting from you) because I understand enough about diabetes to know that story isn't even possible, but I don't know what actually happened.

Saying that a diabetic shouldn't drive because they might become hypoglycemic is just like saying an overweight person should not drive because they might have a heart attack or that a pregnant woman should not drive because she might go into labor. All are possible medical conditions that can occur at any time to the affected people (in the case of a heart attack, obesity only increases risk but even healthy people with athletic bodies can have heart attacks). The question is whether he knew or should have known that his BG was low at the time. If he is unable to sense low BG, he should always test prior to driving. Even then, a rapid and unexpected decrease in BG could still have this effect. If he could have sensed it, he should have stopped and dealt with the low BG... in the same way that a pregnant woman who goes into labor should stop the vehicle, and a person who experiences a heart attack should also stop in a safe place to deal with the issue.
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi all

Goal: 100k

2/2: 3.1k easy, incline
    2/4: 1.2k -abandoned
    2/7: 1.5k -run/walk adductor testing, pain slightly
    2/8: 2k -easy run, so easy a lvl 1 zombie could catch me. Adductor behaved better.

Today was better. Being at the gym and warm up doing 4 km bicycle, then easy leg training then 2k easy. I am feeling better. Tnx guys for the support. Treating it with foam rolling, ibuprofen and ice, lots of ice, and it's winter ffs!

7.8/100k (yeah right!!)

Races: Not a clue! Lets learn to run again first...
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm sure the news didn't get their facts straight because failing to take diabetes medication doesn't cause a seizure, it causes hyperglycemia.

Would you call that Fake news or Alternative Fact?

These are the same people that call you a jogger if you find a dead body.

Related non-running story, there was a news report about a crash in one of the private parks in Cullman Alabama.
    They had one of these big races going on where (I swear only in Alabama this goes on) these people race down a hill in those kid's Barbie jeeps. LOL The report said that the crash occurred during the race when in reality the crash had nothing to do with the race, but random people on one of the trails next to the race. The false report pissed off so many people. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxYNZ621Vgw
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ok, I'll share some of my weekend run routes too, lol. They're much prettier than the streets around my house.

First, there's Rockland Lake State Park. 3 mile paved path around the lake, pedestrians and cyclists only. I come here when I'm looking for/need something flat. There's also a ring road around this, that is for cars as well, that can extend distance and add some hills. There's also a spur road that connects down to the park I'm going to post after this, but the hill is famous in my county as one of the worst to run. Which probably means I should start running it, lol
    gmb6xfvnd8j4.jpg
    rmgnj4ivg8wq.jpg

Next is Nyack Beach to the Haverstraw Trail. End to end this is just about 5 miles, all along the Hudson River. The Nyack Beach section (1st pic) is totally flat, about 1.5 miles, and the rest is rolling hills with a couple of short, steep bits. The point where Nyack Beach goes into the Haverstraw Trail is also where the spur from Rockland Lake comes down.
    m0kdf1swk8yi.jpg
    7w0vmhgi2z8u.jpg

And then there's the Sparkill to South Nyack Rails to Trails. End to end this is about 4.5 miles, again along the Hudson River. Being a former rail line the hills are looonggg, very gentle grades. I could potentially also connect this with a 1 mile road run over to Piermont Pier, and extend this run even more.
    tzhwotgcl6a3.jpg
    09yxe3eqewzi.jpg

Piermont Pier
    0o71f3upq4dn.jpg

If I run about 2.5 miles through the town, I can also connect the Rails to Trails to Nyack Beach/Haverstraw Trail, which I'll probably start doing once my long runs get really long.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    I'm sure the news didn't get their facts straight because failing to take diabetes medication doesn't cause a seizure, it causes hyperglycemia.

Would you call that Fake news or Alternative Fact?

Sloppy reporting. For a very long time, people who took insulin couldn't get a driver's license at all. Mostly that was because of misunderstandings like this. FTR, I have taken insulin since several years before I was old enough to drive. I put in more driving miles than average and have 1 collision on my record 14 years ago (the threshold for being an official collision at the time in that location was $1K damage or injury... this was $1,550 of damage and no injuries). Since then, I have had 2 minor incidents with so little damage that no report was necessary. 2 of 3 involved sliding off the road in slick road conditions, and the 3rd involved a fast and suicidal raccoon (I'll post the dashcam video later today if you would like to see it). In the interest of full disclosure, I've also killed 3 squirrels and 2 rabbits that I'm not counting at all because there was absolutely no property damage... not even at a level so low that I would even consider the question of whether it needs to be reported. Considering the mileage I drive, I believe that is really good. Almost everyone I know has at least hit a deer once every 5 or 10 years (this area has a high population). Where I work, someone just had a crash at the parking lot entrance about an hour ago - I think because they were going too fast and slid on the snow, but I only saw where vehicles were positioned afterwards. So figuring that I've driven a lot of miles in 48 states during my years of driving while also taking insulin, 2 times sliding in snow, 1 raccoon, 3 squirrels, and 2 rabbits is not too shabby.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Where I live, pedestrians and cyclists are seen as lesser than drivers. When pedestrians or cyclists are hit by a vehicle, nothing happens even when the driver was clearly negligent. The only case I ever saw where the driver was held somewhat accountable was when a cyclist was killed when run over by a drunk driver. I'm not even sure the driver was charged with the death, just with driving drunk. Also, the guy was not a cyclist technically - was camping that night on private property when the vehicle left the roadway and ran over his tent. It just happens he was camping while on a week long cycling trip for an established and large ride.

Another cyclist last year nearby was hit and killed. The driver came up behind him and just kept driving. Driver says he just didn't see the cyclist, which was literally right in front of him. 7 months later, he was just given a traffic ticket. That's it!

Also recently, a driver in the next state over hit and killed a runner, then left the scene. He wasn't charged with anything at all because he claims he thought he hit a deer so he just kept on driving. Seriously?!

In my county last year, a driver hit a runner and killed her. She was running as part of the high school cross country team and doing a training run. Naturally, there was much public sympathy for the driver and a lot of outrage at the school for allowing their runners to go out and run. Nobody was asking why the driver didn't pay attention.

In the northern part of my state, a cyclist was hit and killed - similar story where he drove up behind a cyclist and drove right on through the bike and rider as though it wasn't there. Says he was distracted by his kid in the back seat. No charges.

Yet another driver who killed a cyclist and not charged is now being praised by the public for encouraging a law for bicycles in this state to use rear lights / flags. Sure - blame the bikes for your inability to pay attention to what is on the road in front of you...

Long story short: Drivers are allowed to negligently killed recreational users of roads without penalty. It has bothered me for some time now.

@midwesterner85
    It happens here in Texas too. A man who negligently didn't take his diabetes medication drove to Target and had a diabetic seizure while driving in the parking lot. He injured a few people and killed a 7 year old girl. I was in the store with my son, checking out at the time when I heard the crash. He ended up driving over the top of the right half of a car. (There was a guy in the parked car. Luckily, he was on the side nit smashed by the driver having a seizure, but was illegally parked in a handicapped space.) It was horrifying!! No murder conviction for him either. I'm sorry, but if you have a known medical condition that causes seizures and you don't take your medicine that prevents those seizures and you go out and kill a child, you deserve to go to jail! My step daughter has epilepsy and she takes the bus and gets rides no matter thr inconbenience because it would be too dangerous for her to drive since she could have a seizure at any time without warning.

Actually, that isn't what causes diabetic seizures - it is the opposite. Seizures result hypoglycemia, which occurs from taking too much medication. That's obviously an over-simplification, as it may have been that the timing of the dose didn't match food; or it could be that exercise dropped BG; or it could be that a correction bolus was over-calculated. Or one of many other possibilities. Diabetics who take insulin can not prevent every hypoglycemic episode... I've had diabetes for more than 2 decades. However, we need to know when to recognize the symptoms of hypoglycemia and respond. That's the part where the driver failed.

I definitely am not an expert on diabetes and am just trying to simplify the story. the news reported that he was diabetic, didn't take his medication that morning, and had an episode where he had a seizure, slamming on the gas while unconscious, injuring pedestrians and killing a child. The point was that it wasn't a 1st for him, he knew he had a condition, and went out and drove anyway, and didnt get convicted of murder. I'm definitely no expert and trust whatever you say caused it.

I'm sure the news didn't get their facts straight because failing to take diabetes medication doesn't cause a seizure, it causes hyperglycemia. That's a much slower process, and while fatigue is a symptom (every driver has been behind the wheel while tired), it doesn't explain the circumstances. If he really had a seizure, it would have been from hypoglycemia, not hyperglycemia. I'm positive the news got the story wrong (or at least 2nd hand reporting from you) because I understand enough about diabetes to know that story isn't even possible, but I don't know what actually happened.

Saying that a diabetic shouldn't drive because they might become hypoglycemic is just like saying an overweight person should not drive because they might have a heart attack or that a pregnant woman should not drive because she might go into labor. All are possible medical conditions that can occur at any time to the affected people (in the case of a heart attack, obesity only increases risk but even healthy people with athletic bodies can have heart attacks). The question is whether he knew or should have known that his BG was low at the time. If he is unable to sense low BG, he should always test prior to driving. Even then, a rapid and unexpected decrease in BG could still have this effect. If he could have sensed it, he should have stopped and dealt with the low BG... in the same way that a pregnant woman who goes into labor should stop the vehicle, and a person who experiences a heart attack should also stop in a safe place to deal with the issue.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but it seems like you are trying to pick a fight with me over this. I in no way meant or said people with diabetes shouldn't drive. I would never in a million years say that. However, if someone has a known medical condition that isnt under control and causes one to have a seizure, pass out, lose control of their body, etc..., then that person should not drive.

Here is the article. The man's daughter said he must not have taken his medicine that morning and went into diabetic shock. So, I guess you can blame her reporting. :smile:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Driver-Runs-Over-People-In-Lake-Worth-165015106.html

As I stated, my step daughter has epilepsy. She has seizures about once or twice a month or can sometimes go a few months without one. Since she doesn't know when or where they will happen, she doesn't drive. If she got them under control and went 1 year straight without one, she would, but unfortunately, they are not under control. Some people with epilepsy can drive because they have their seizures under control. Others can't. It could be worse. At least she can have a job, has public transit available where she lives, and finally has an understanding employer who works with her. She once had an employer try to fire her over it and told her she should have disclosed it in the interview. (Legally, under ADA, she doesn't have to.)

I don't know if it was a seizure, passed out, or whatever, but he lost control of his body and his foot was pressed hard on the gas. So much so that he literally drove on top of another car.

So, there you have the story from the daughter. I never said everyone with diabetes should not drive. Hope all is good and we can be friendly again?
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    @KatieJane83 Sooo pretty!! Wow!!

@Stoshew71 This is the 1st Barbie jeep race I've heard of, but I'm sure those races will make their way to Texas before you know it. Lol!!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Over here you have to disclose medical conditions to the Driving Licence people, and both diabetes and epilepsy have to be well controlled before you are even legally allowed to drive.

I think with epilepsy you have to have gone a year without a Grand Mal seizure, diabetics just need to show good blood sugar management.

Of course this doesn't mean that either will never have an issue even the best managed diabetic will have lows, it's how they deal with it (quickly and effectively) that will be the difference between having a seizure and not.

I'm not a diabetic, but have several T1 family members. Am I right in thinking that getting to seizure stage is somewhat down the line? Having said that, dealing with a diabetic with low blood sugar is like arguing with a small child who doesn't want to put their shoes back on, so there's a big difference between knowing you're low and being capable of dealing with it.

The problem with news articles is that they sometimes focus on an irrelevant fact.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

@midwesterner85

I'm sorry if I offended you, but it seems like you are trying to pick a fight with me over this. I in no way meant or said people with diabetes shouldn't drive. I would never in a million years say that. However, if someone has a known medical condition that isnt under control and causes one to have a seizure, pass out, lose control of their body, etc..., then that person should not drive.

Here is the article. The man's daughter said he must not have taken his medicine that morning and went into diabetic shock. So, I guess you can blame her reporting. :smile:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Driver-Runs-Over-People-In-Lake-Worth-165015106.html

As I stated, my step daughter has epilepsy. She has seizures about once or twice a month or can sometimes go a few months without one. Since she doesn't know when or where they will happen, she doesn't drive. If she got them under control and went 1 year straight without one, she would, but unfortunately, they are not under control. Some people with epilepsy can drive because they have their seizures under control. Others can't. It could be worse. At least she can have a job, has public transit available where she lives, and finally has an understanding employer who works with her. She once had an employer try to fire her over it and told her she should have disclosed it in the interview. (Legally, under ADA, she doesn't have to.)

I don't know if it was a seizure, passed out, or whatever, but he lost control of his body and his foot was pressed hard on the gas. So much so that he literally drove on top of another car.

So, there you have the story from the daughter. I never said everyone with diabetes should not drive. Hope all is good and we can be friendly again?

From the article:
    His daughter told NBC 5 that Martinez is diabetic and must have gone into diabetic shock from improper insulin.

"He's a diabetic and he's been diabetic for several years," said Ester Zenteno, Martinez's daughter. "He does take insulin and I can't say 100 percent that he took it this morning. I wasn't with him this morning but he's real good about it, I'm assuming that his sugar went out of control."

She acknowledges that she is "assuming" and doesn't sound like she knows for sure what happened either, but the possibility of "improper insulin" could be that he took too much; which could cause hypoglycemia and hypoglycemic seizures. I don't see anything about a seizure in the article or that any actual cause was reported. It was just that they found someone who knew the driver and some of his medical history, who then made some assumptions about what happened based on some background knowledge of the person rather than the specific situation.

I'm not trying to be overly sensitive, but it is clear to me that you have a strong opinion about something you clearly don't understand just based on witnessing this crash and reading an assumption about the cause. You say that opinion is not what I'm taking from it, but then restate it as a similar impractical idea:
    However, if someone has a known medical condition that isnt under control and causes one to have a seizure, pass out, lose control of their body, etc..., then that person should not drive.

Though I don't think you actually realize it isn't as clear and simple as that. I wish you could understand.

@girlinahat Usually seizures only occur in severe cases of hypoglycemia. That has only ever happened to me a few times, all of which were while I was sleeping so I didn't feel low because I wasn't awake anyway. That doesn't mean it can't happen to someone who is awake, but I've never experienced that myself. Only twice have I been so low while I was awake that I needed outside help, and I didn't lose consciousness in either case... I just got too low to be able to figure out how to treat myself. In both cases, people just put sugary beverages in front of me and I drank them. The lowest that I remember testing and treating myself was exactly 20 mg/dl (my meter will not display anything less than that). Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) can happen to anyone who takes insulin. The more controlled someone's BG's, usually the higher their risk of hypoglycemia. This is because if your BG's are usually running high, then a drop puts you in the normal range sometimes where the same drop for someone in a normal range makes them low. Different people usually have different reactions when conscious. For me personally, I can usually function just fine and I can take care of it myself. When it gets really really low and I'm still conscious, I can't talk. I can hear, I can give mean looks still (haha), and I can motion/point, but I can't figure out how to talk. And I also have been told I walk around in small circles in severe cases. Someone else might have different odd behaviors.
  • LifeIsGoodAZ
    LifeIsGoodAZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    February: Run 125

2/1: 6.5 miles (4 x 400 hill repeats)
    2/2: Rest day
    2/3: 4.4 miles before the sun came up
    2/4: All day workshop :neutral:
    2/5: Catching up on home life :neutral:
    2/6: 5.0 Lunch run
    2/7: 5.3 Plan called for speed work so hit the track for 7x400's.
    2/8: 5.2 Easy

February total: 26.6/125
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71 I really want to do that now, it looks like fun (I will put the disclaimer that I was born in MS so it might be part genetic)
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty Awesome job running! You're well on your way to having a big mileage month!

About running momre than 10 miles. I felt that about 6, then 8, then 9, and 10, then 12, and 13, and my current max is 14. You'll be AMAZED at what you're truly capable of. If you can run 10, you can run 13, it just takes longer and the running is slower.

Great job!

Oh, Will be keeping you and your interviews in thoughts and prayers.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Went to strength training and then joined a running group at a little running store. I was talking to someone and they took off so I never could catch up with the faster ones. But there were a few who were slower than me. So I was just alone in the middle. It was really hot - 80+ degrees out. And I didn't even think about the fact it would be getting dark - so it was pitch black on the trail. Oh well, it was still a good experience.
    My arms are getting MUCH stronger!

2/1 - strength training
    2/2 - 4.30 miles
    2/3 - rest day
    2/4 - cycling 34 miles
    2/5 - Daytona HM - 2:22.01
    2/6 - Strength training
    2/7 - 3.5 miles
    2/8 - Strength training + 3.1 miles with running group

exercise.png

Upcoming races
    2/5/17 - Daytona Beach HM
    2/26/17 - Disney Princess HM Orlando
  • OSUbuckeye906
    OSUbuckeye906 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    2/1: 2.2 miles walk, 6.3 miles bike
    2/2: Rest/PT
    2/3: 45 mins elliptical
    2/4: 10 miles bike
    2/5: 67 mins elliptical
    2/6: 9 miles bike
    2/7: 40 mins elliptical
    2/8: Rest

TOTAL: 5/22 workout days

Not too much to report on the last few days of the workout front. I've been trying to sort of replicate my general weekly running schedule by doing the same type of workouts on the elliptical or bike. The harder workouts (hills, speed/intervals, long workouts) I've been doing on the elliptical and the easier ones I've been doing on the bike. I know that the elliptical really isn't equivalent to running, but that's what I've got right now. We'll see if PT clears me to run on Friday. I only have 3 more weeks until my gait analysis and my PT said he'd like for me to be running for a few weeks by then to see if the PT exercises have helped my gait to be more balanced. Also, I have my follow up with the doc tomorrow morning, which I'm expecting to go well.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @OSUbuckeye906 it sounds like you've been doing all the right things. Here's hoping you get good news on Friday!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty wishing you good luck on the job front!

@OSUbuckeye906 hope you are cleared to run on Friday!

Date :::: Miles :::: Feb MTD (goal = 70)
    02/01/17 :::: 2.6 :::: 2.6
    02/02/17 :::: 3.1 :::: 5.7
    02/03/17 :::: 2.6 :::: 8.3
    02/04/17 :::: 6.8 :::: 15.1
    02/05/17 :::: 4.0 :::: 19.1
    02/06/17 :::: 3.7 :::: 22.8
    02/07/17 :::: 0.0 :::: 22.8
    02/08/17 :::: 3.3 :::: 26.1

I ran on the treadmill again today. I'm getting bored with my running playlist. I need to start a new audiobook I think. After the run I did 50 flights on the stairmaster because of a challenge I'm in. Man, I hate that thing and my legs are sore.

I went to a birthday party tonight for a couple of people I know from running groups tonight and as I sat at the table with about 15-20 people I realized that other than me and the mom of one of the birthday people, every one else was a marathoner. Some are/were Boston qualifiers, some are doing marathons in all 50 states. It was kind of amazing to be in that company - where a couple of years ago I didn't know ANYONE who had done a marathon. I felt like I better get my act together and become a marathoner. :)