WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    well here is the dilemma.. our friends sent us Omaha Steaks.. but we have one fridge/freezer and there is simply no room to put it in the freezer.. will have to re arrange the freezer.. dont work until 10 today.. but have to go to my daughter's to get my DGD on the bus..
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good morning ladies: I reached the end of week 6 - 2.4 pounds down this week, for a total of 24. Cheri, using your sugar comparison, I am now down almost five bags. By the end of this, I hope to have the entire shelf! I have ordered a fitbit, so hope it encourages me to continue increasing my exercising bit by bit.

Pip: Your knees look so painful; hope they finish healing soon.
    Heather: Your grandchildren are adorable and the idea of tandoori monkfish kebabs sounds delicious. Do you have a recipe?
    Tammy: I appreciated very much the trigger finger exercise clip; my fingers are starting to catch once in a while from all the computer and ipad time.
    Heather: It is nice to be reminded that the key to losing weight is logging and exercising.
    Lenora: I love your novels and am sorry I cannot help with the jam and jellies problem. The only time I ever made any was when I made peach preserves with my grandmother when I was a young girl.
    Karen: Congratulations on the weight loss!

- Leigh in France
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Been to gym bike, rower and treadmill 1 round on weight machines. Done 90 squats on 30 day challenge (got to do 150 today) does it matter if you don't do them all at once?

Have to go out shopping for another small case as going away again in 4 weeks and only taking hand baggage.

Will do the rest of squats later and try the plank again

Thanks for all compliments on the leggings will have to look for some more now

Kate UK
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Good morning! You guys are inspiring me today. Packing my bags for the work day-lunch and gym bag and when I get home tonight starting the process of packing for my trip to Morocco this Friday. I have been procrastinating but I will start the process tonight and not put it off to tomorrow. Anticipatory anxiety is kicking my ##*

Re I can relate to your doc visit frustration-- been there done that. My physical was cancelled last minute when my internist went home with the flu! Guess I'm glad I wasn't exposed to the germs, now I have a whole month to lose some lbs and feel a little lighter.

Hoping I can still check in with you guys when I'm away-you all are my touchstone, somehow I read your posts and feel grounded, reassured, lighter, and yes inspired <3 NYKAREN
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good morning:
    Yvonne awesome leggings!
    Tammy you like the same things in my pics as I; the snow covered trees, I find them so peaceful
    Karen big hug from a sister canuck <3
    Heather your post from yesterday about how we stay in track - you nailed it!
    Cheri yes I agree about the breakfast myth. I do intermittent fasting so start eating at 12pm and last bite before 7pm and this works well for me. Great news on your upcoming trip!
    Michele have a great time in FL
    Meg nice activity at work for V-day
    Re may the Gods be with you and your knee pain goes away
    Sharon sometimes at work you need to detach for your own sanity and health. Take good care of you <3

Thanks everyone for your kinds words regarding my mom. Yesterday was more emotional than usual and I couldn't figure out why at first. Here's why. I used to call my father every V-day to talk about her, that was our tradition. He died almost 2 years ago so I can't call him anymore. So as my mother would say, make a new tradition and serve too much food. We'll omit the last part but yes, need to start something new.

Love having you to talk to and thank you to those who read and to those who skim; what a wonderful community we are. I am very grateful.
    And just as I am writing this, the weather warning came on the radio announcing another 30 centimetres of snow. Oh well lots of calorie burn in shovelling.

Have a great day. <3 Sarah, Ontario
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi all!
    Yesterday went well calorie wise as I had built up such a good exercise bank! I came in under!
    The monkfish kebabs are rather expensive, but it was a special occasion. Just marinate the chunks in yoghurt with spices. I don't measure things just shake in a bit of cumin, ginger, paprika, chilli and whatever. Salt and pepper. I squeeze lemon juice over once they are on the skewers. One tip is to use two skewers per kebab. Makes them easier to turn over. I use rubber gloves to put them on the skewers. One large kebab each. 7 oz each raw. Served with raita (yog and cucumber dip) and salad bits. DH had rice as well.
    It is one of my very favourite meals, but pricey.

The blinis were heavenly as well. As was the homemade sorbet. B)

This morning DH and I had a mini blow up. Then he sulks. Grrrrrrrrrr. I think he's over it now. :* I didn't get to sleep until 4 am because I was rerunning the insurance claim in my head, despite my best efforts to stop doing it. :sad: It was better to just read a book. I woke up at 7 as usual. So 3 hours sleep. :s Oh well.
    I spent this morning writing to the insurance company and enclosing a bank statement. It's posted off now, so I hope I can forget about it for a while. The #÷×+×÷= "÷×+#÷$%.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

PS - The good news is that, on my weekly weigh in, my weight is holding at target. Happy! :D
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Drkatiebug- you look fantastic!

Kate- you don't have to do them all at once. You can break them down to 6 sets of 25 and do a set every hour. Or do a set of 10 take a 30 second break 1 minute intervals and do another set for 15 sets =15 minutes. You decide!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • lacruiser2016
    lacruiser2016 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Re, if you are referring to the Suparz shots (made from rooster combs), I've had them. Unfortunately, they did absolutely nothing for me, but didn't make it worse, either. Knee injections actually don't hurt--there's just this weird feeling of pressure--unless the injection goes into the wrong place. THEN it hurts! Hope they help you.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    I'm going back to the ortho doc next week and hope he comes up with a workable solution for my knee. I did have the injections years ago but they only helped for a couple of weeks.

Carol in GA
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Katie and the rest - love the leggings! Can't wear 'em - still have the tree-trunky legs of the 300-pound woman I once was, and tend to wear jeans for their Spanx-like qualities. Twenty-first century version of a girdle, I guess.

JanetR - My heart goes out to you and your grandson. Trying to help my kids deal with their birth mom's addictions--not to mention suicide attempts--has taught me more than I care to think about. They still love her, and they can't help her--she's the only one who can help herself, and she does not. Watching my son's and daughter's differing reactions has been an enormous lesson in how people cope with loved addicts. There is no instruction book.

Apparently the workers comp gods were smiling for Valentine's Day, as the approval for the DH's surgery came through at noon yesterday, hours before we had even hoped for it. Will wake him in another half hour, just time for a shower and get on the road for the 90-mile drive, as he can't have coffee or anything else the rest of the day. Unfortunately, the surgery isn't slated until 1:30, so it's going to be a long, long day for my love.

Was temporarily insane all the way from yesterday morning through this morning, as I truly contemplated running for mayor of this small town. Candidate applications must be in no later than Friday, and we're running that high and in bold type on the front page of the newspaper. Right next to the headline that the City Manager resigned Monday night. The town desperately needs a steady and objective hand at the tiller--but the next eight to ten weeks of my DH's rehab will mean numerous trips to town and even more mental and emotional support--and Corey is simply more important. And, bluntly, so am I. This is not our forever home, and investing that much energy into a place we don't intend to live long-term is not useful, either for the town or for us.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

Had gained three pounds in water weight, those dropped off, and dropped another pound as of this morning. Sitting around hospital waiting rooms isn't going to help much, but hopefully I can at least get some steps in.

Love y'all, please keep a good thought for us to get through this day with the best possible outcomes,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    Well, purging for me is going well, but DH,,,well it about killed him to watch me give 10 bags of stuff to Good Will. Lol! He kept telling me I'd better not go buy clothes! LOL. And I am only half done my room! WOW! I didn't realize how much unnecessary clothes I had. Many I haven't worn in years!

I did speak to my son yesterday. He's stressed and having a hard time with his new roomies and pot. He is insecure and doesn't want to live alone. Says he can't afford it. In my eyes, I don't see him trying, but he is 32 yo and knows what he needs to do. Must not become an enabler and let him work it out.

DH did manage to let go of an old projection tv and a recliner yesterday. For him, that is progress!

Got copy of house sale contract in email yesterday. Dealing with that today then more purging!

Completed Week 4 Day 1 of my squat challenge doing 108 squats! That is going well, but eating.....stress eating....know it as I do it but stress, anxiety, and depression winning. Also worked in 25 min of yoga with squats.

Rita from cloudy CT
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Lisa- prayers for Corey's surgery going well and a quick recovery. Congratulations on the weight loss!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention, Chewy, my 10 yo shitzu has bronchitis. He gets it 3 or 4 times a year now. Not sure what to do at this point. I can't afford to keep taking him to vet, but don't want to see him suffer either.

Rita....
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Returned from shopping 2 new bras and a pair of leggings and the all important suitcase

MARY - thanks for infoI will complete my squats later

RITA - poor Chewy is there any help on the internet re complementary meds.

Kate UK
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Lisa hope DH"s hand heals quickly from the surgery.
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Re in TX—I have been doing the gel injections in my knees since 2007. It runs my blood sugar up for a few days but it’s worth it because I feel so much less pain afterwards. I do the Synvisc One. That’s where they give you all the shots in one fail swoop. I do it this way because I live 2.5 hours away from my ortho dr. It has helped me stave off knee replacement this long. I hope it works for you.

Beth near Buffalo—I tried that weigh everyday method too. It makes me crazy. I hate it. So now I weigh once a week on the same day first thing in the morning. It works better for me. I am crazy enough without the added stress, lol.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6x5x30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 20x10x30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Exercise daily and meet or under calorie goal!

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    I fought off all temptations! My husband bought me a Valentines gift even though I told him no candy...cheddar brats score!

Mary from Minnesota