New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Does anyone here use Thrive? I just got suckered into ordered their dark chocolate almond bars (the free offer + shipping posted earlier in the thread), but you had to subscribe to a 30-day "trial", $59.95/year if I don't cancel. I haven't had a chance to really explore the site, but it seems like good stuff. Anyone?

UPDATE: I found the dark chocolate almond bars to be kinda gross--not enough sweet (and I'm not a sweet fan, so that's saying something), too chewy a texture, and just didn't do it for me. 5/10

And, when I did some price comparisons, the savings on the site (when they were to be had) just wasn't worth the yearly fee. I'm cancelling and not looking back.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    32708725341_99a10cbbec_z.jpg?resize=640%2C384&ssl=1

Oh man those are just dangerous. Bought them 'for the kids'. Right. I like both equally.

Yeah, these were way better than I expected them to be.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    32708725341_99a10cbbec_z.jpg?resize=640%2C384&ssl=1

Oh man those are just dangerous. Bought them 'for the kids'. Right. I like both equally.

I've been searching everywhere for those they look delicious! How big are they?
    Just found these. Gluten free as well. First time seeing them. Funfetti! Can't wait!
    9f140dcgszji.jpg

I love that stuff, I always get it from Target even the gluten free version is really addicting! You can add some water and throw it in a mug and microwave it for about a minute for a mug cake, as well ;)

I just got an email IHOP released some pretty spectacular new items!
    I would be running to try them if it weren't for the calories.
    930 calories for an order of the Sticky Bun Waffles, 1120 for the Red Velvet French Toast, or 1700 for the Cinnamon Swirl French Toast.
    I could cry.
    dj8m1mjsrktq.png

I've come back to this thread three times just to drool at that cinnamon swirl french toast...

Return the favor. If you try them, take a picture so I can drool over the real thing and hate myself for trying to maintain a healthy weight yet being too lazy to run on a treadmill for 2 hours to indulge for 5 minutes :')

Maybe as a treat meal after my powerlifting competition... ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    whirlyruns wrote: »
    I found these Cadbury Egg cookies at Walmart tonight. I love Cadbury Eggs, but these were disappointing. Too much crunchy cookie bottom and not enough egg. 4uwlqmyzx1co.jpg

I remember getting these last year and not being impressed. I love Cadbury Creme Eggs but these are probably for those who claim the eggs are too sweet, as I don't find these cookies sweet enough!
    That being said, Easter Candy is my favorite seasonal candy so I'm ready for all these delicious goodies! I live in Maryland and there's a company here called Mary Sue... BEST vanilla cream eggs and fruit & nut easter eggs!!!

I'm with you on loving Easter Candy!

I love the Russell Stover Cookie Dough eggs & the Birthday Cake flavor Target had one year was good.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    whirlyruns wrote: »
    I found these Cadbury Egg cookies at Walmart tonight. I love Cadbury Eggs, but these were disappointing. Too much crunchy cookie bottom and not enough egg. 4uwlqmyzx1co.jpg

I remember getting these last year and not being impressed. I love Cadbury Creme Eggs but these are probably for those who claim the eggs are too sweet, as I don't find these cookies sweet enough!
    That being said, Easter Candy is my favorite seasonal candy so I'm ready for all these delicious goodies! I live in Maryland and there's a company here called Mary Sue... BEST vanilla cream eggs and fruit & nut easter eggs!!!

I'm with you on loving Easter Candy!

I love the Russell Stover Cookie Dough eggs & the Birthday Cake flavor Target had one year was good.

Honestly Russell Stover tastes cheap to me and I haven't been impressed, Mary Sue spoiled me! Zitner's is also good if you find them (if you live near a Wawa usually they have them), but I will say the cookie dough Russell Stover's aren't as artificial as some of the others. Still, I love how Easter candy is so much sweeter! I'm really hoping this year I can find Cold Stone Creamery's easter eggs! The Birthday Cake Remix is like a giant Cadbury Creme egg in terms of taste! So bad but so good ;) Only saw it one time in Walmart two years ago (and then splurged and ordered one off Amazon last year), but hopefully this year it comes back and is easier to find!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    xrl6u7zh5iwh.png
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, that salmon looks really good!
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've recently tried Thrive butter pecan ice cream - it was a good flavor, and the nutrients were fantastic, but now I cannot remember where I bought it and the large grocery store didn't have any yesterday. I will have to keep looking.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    NEOHgirl wrote: »
    I've recently tried Thrive butter pecan ice cream - it was a good flavor, and the nutrients were fantastic, but now I cannot remember where I bought it and the large grocery store didn't have any yesterday. I will have to keep looking.

Shop Rite has it, but I admit I've never tried it.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    We don't have ShopRite's here in OH; I will keep looking though. Thanks!
  • hgycta
    edited February 2017
    Options
    p868mlkvqwuh.jpg
    I don't think this is new but I've never seen it before. Got it from netrition.com; not any better or worse than regular microwaveable Mac & Cheese and I don't have a desire to really get it again but for 390 calories and 20 grams of protein I can't complain too much it could've been a lot worse! Didn't have a weird protein flavor or anything
  • Francl27
    Options
    p868mlkvqwuh.jpg
    I don't think this is new but I've never seen it before. Got it from netrition.com; not any better or worse than regular microwaveable Mac & Cheese and I don't have a desire to really get it again but for 390 calories and 20 grams of protein I can't complain too much it could've been a lot worse! Didn't have a weird protein flavor or anything

I'd definitely try it, lol.
  • hgycta
    Options
    p868mlkvqwuh.jpg

I should have probably added that I don't normally care that much for Mac & Cheese to start with, so if you're a Mac & Cheese person it's definitely something worth getting! I just had it kind of sitting in my box from them and got wrapped up with school work and didn't have time to put much thought into making anything else, definitely very convenient!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    p868mlkvqwuh.jpg

I should have probably added that I don't normally care that much for Mac & Cheese to start with, so if you're a Mac & Cheese person it's definitely something worth getting! I just had it kind of sitting in my box from them and got wrapped up with school work and didn't have time to put much thought into making anything else, definitely very convenient!

I saw this at GNC, but like you I'm not a huge mac & cheese fan with the exception of the homemade with the topping.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
  • Francl27
    Options

Ok next time I'm in NYC lol.
  • hgycta
    Options
    p868mlkvqwuh.jpg

I saw this at GNC, but like you I'm not a huge mac & cheese fan with the exception of the homemade with the topping.

Yes! The homemade version with the crunchy topping is always an exception to this rule!

It's really not fair how NYC always has the best food stuff! I also really want to try the Rainbow Bagels (http://www.thebagelstoreonline.com/) there that were getting a lot of attention in social media for a while! Originally I thought it was all craze over just the color alone, but apparently they come in a lot of really cool flavors such as cotton candy but they're known for their rainbow bagel with birthday cake (funfetti) cream cheese which both apparently taste exceptional no matter whose review you read of it! Also, their menu includes a pumpkin cragel which I'm assuming is a croissant bagel and I need that in my life as well. They do ship their bagels, but there's a wait list and I've been on it for almost an entire year now and haven't heard anything. Perhaps this is how people feel when they're waiting to get in Quest Labs to try the new products, but darn it I need these bagels!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    p868mlkvqwuh.jpg

Yes! The homemade version with the crunchy topping is always an exception to this rule!

It's really not fair how NYC always has the best food stuff! I also really want to try the Rainbow Bagels (http://www.thebagelstoreonline.com/) there that were getting a lot of attention in social media for a while! Originally I thought it was all craze over just the color alone, but apparently they come in a lot of really cool flavors such as cotton candy but they're known for their rainbow bagel with birthday cake (funfetti) cream cheese which both apparently taste exceptional no matter whose review you read of it! Also, their menu includes a pumpkin cragel which I'm assuming is a croissant bagel and I need that in my life as well. They do ship their bagels, but there's a wait list and I've been on it for almost an entire year now and haven't heard anything. Perhaps this is how people feel when they're waiting to get in Quest Labs to try the new products, but darn it I need these bagels!

OMG yes the rainbow bagel wait list! I finally got off it and found out shipping was 20 for one 4 bagel and passed it up LOL. Will have to wait until I go to NYC. I have a brother there so I may have to visit him soon...
  • hgycta
    Options
    p868mlkvqwuh.jpg

OMG yes the rainbow bagel wait list! I finally got off it and found out shipping was 20 for one 4 bagel and passed it up LOL. Will have to wait until I go to NYC. I have a brother there so I may have to visit him soon...

Well if you go and try it be sure to let me know what you think of them PLEASE!!!! How long did it take before you got off the wait list!? I'm so jealous! Luckily my brother is also interested in trying these bagels and said he would pitch in half; $20 shipping is a lot for four bagels but $10 for two bagels doesn't seem as bad when you're as desperate as I am to try them!