Cheri
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3 Karen, glad you got to hold Olivia <3
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Good evening friends. Sending prayers for those having surgery or in pain.
    Re- I love to read your posts because I learn so much from your responses. You are awesome.
    Confession time, I played bridge today instead of weighing in. My logging has been consistent but my exercise is not. So I need to put me head down and get back to work.
    Have a great sleep.
    SueBDew in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 14.27min, 12.4Amph, 130mhr, 2.9mi = 153c
    apple watch- 121c
    SPIN CLASS- 40MIN, 90ar, 106aw, 155mhr, 10-14g, 17.7mi = 346c
    apple watch- 353c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 7.53min, 147mhr, 11amph, 1.4mi = 94c
    apple watch- 73c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.53min, 9.494min mi, 156ahr, 176mhr, .4mi = 70c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sta- 6.24min, 11.41min mi, 134mhr, .5mi = 87c
    apple watch- 68c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.55min, 7.5amph, 2.6mi = 157c
    apple watch- 147c

total cal 907
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    reRe lmao!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Karen - praying for you, Olivia and your family. (((Hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Did about 43 minutes of Jeanette Jenkins Cardio DVD. I wasn't sure how long it was. The plan for tomorrow is to do I Want That Body DVD.

Tammy - I did try bending my finger back, and I really think that there isn't as much "clicking" today as there was in the past. Don't know about those other exercises. Did he say that after you bend your finger back you need to do those other ones? I am so sorry that the arthritis in your hands came on so suddenly. We really don't realize how much we depend on certain parts of our body until we no longer can use them, even if its just temporary. Glad your hip replacement went so well.

meg - I love the sun being out later, too. Can't wait until we turn back the clocks. Wish we lived in one of those states that don't do this stupid time change thing

NYKaren - I always find that Morningstar items are higher in sodium than Boca. But Boca is more difficult to find I've found

Re - actually, what I can do is take the remaining milk to the soup kitchen. Well, actually, that morning I most likely can leave it in a refrigerator that my neighbor has outside. She volunteers there on Thursdays and she's taken things for me before so I'm sure she'll take this and anything else that I need to clean up. I'm trying to finish up as many things as I can or else take it with me. But I know that I can't take the milk with me. I did buy a box of the Parmelat milk. Yes, it is more expensive. But at least that way when we get to the condo, we don't have to rush out to the store. I can do it the next day (which means that if they're selling Girl Scout cookies, Vince won't be with me to buy any....sorry Rori. We just have enough other things that I've made for us to take. We'll probably wind up buying some cookies, tho). When I put my phone on the charger, I've forgotten it so what I do now is put my pocketbook next to my phone. If my pocketbook isn't where it usually is when I go somewhere, I look for it and then see my phone. Is there something you can put next to your FitBit that you can't do without? Last night I had a bit of a brownie, and you know what? It really didn't taste all that good to me. Now I know I've had them before and liked them. Score! I'm sure Vince'll like them. I remember when the MD wanted my father to go on dialysis. He felt "what, so you can give me 3 more months of pain from my arthritis? No thanks" He also felt "if God wants me, dialysis or no dialysis I'm going. If God doesn't want me, I'm not going". He lived about 3 or 4 years extra.

Cheri - what a wonderful Valentine's gift. You deserve it

Sharon - right now the plan is to return from FL on the 16th (is that the Monday?)

Sarah - thanks for your well wishes. You can bet that I'll have a good time!

drkatiebug - I was going to solve Allie's problem for her! lol

Lisa - you are right in your thinking about the job. Only good thoughts being sent your way

Kate - never heard of boiled bacon. How do you make it?

Yvonne - I'm like you, I need a recipe. Now my father was on of those people who could put a handful of this and a handful of that in something and it would come out wonderful. My grandmother used to make things by being sure they "felt" right. Not me

mintamichelle - welcome to a great group

Lenora - my computer has Cortana, only for some reason I've never used it!

Beth - here's hoping only the best for your hubby and you

Went to ceramics tonight. Forgot that I need to go to the library tomorrow, I was having trouble downloading audiobooks onto my tablet to listen to on the way down to FL and a gal there is going to help me. Need to make a deposit for Newcomers and go to the bank for us to deposit some checks. Want to go to Bi-Lo then need to stop at CVS to get a prescription for Vince. Hopefully, he'll have the deposits ready for me.

Today at the Newcomer board meeting we just found out that the $3 isn't for drinks but for a prize fund. Well, I'm not interested in a prize fund. I hope they're not going to do the same thing for Mexican Train. Bet they will, tho. To me, what a hassle! One gal wants us to look at flea markets when we're in Daytona for Mexican Train racks. I bet she has no idea that we're about an hour south of Daytona. There is no way on this green earth we're going to go to a flea market the weekend of the race. Drive an hour and they don't have the racks? I don't think so. Vince thinks I'm getting too involved in this, but I have to admit that I miss Mexican Train and think it would be fun to go, but I have no interest whatsoever in a prize fund. To me, I'd pay the $2 for the kitty and bring my own drink, just like I always did.

Karen - (((HUGS)))) for you, Olivia, and everyone else

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    19,000 steps
    185 minutes walking Sasha and Bess
    115 minutes riding the exercise bike while watching the Westminster Dog Show
    10 minutes doing physical therapy exercises including 80 squats and 30 second plank
    line dance class

:)Re, I've been lax with my P.T. exercises in favor of squats and finally being able to do a brief plank. I need to get back to doing more of what was assigned to me to do instead of making up my own stuff.

:)Rori, my clear liquid prep for the colonoscopy was clear chicken broth and apple juice (lots of it) and I got enough nutrition to get me through the challenges of my day.

:'(<3Beth, hugs to you and your hubby,

:) At bedtime we kick the dogs out of bed long enough to straighten up the sheets and blankets before we get in bed. There's no point in making the bed in the morning because the dogs will just mess it up over and over all day.

:) Barbie from drizzly NW Washington
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Karen, I can't imagine the feelings you must have had when you got to hold Olivia. Praying her precious little body does well while putting the dialysis port in.

Joyce, Indiana
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Quick check in I haven't kept up so if anyone has had anything sad or upsetting happen you have my love and support.

Olivia may have to have surgery tomorrow to put in a hemodialysis access port. Depends on her bloodwork tonight. I got to hold her for about 5 minutes today. A delicious weight in my arms.

Everything seems to be slowly improving with the exception of her kidneys.

We have to go home in the morning. We hate to leave but we must.

Karen in Los Angeles visiting Olivia in the hospital

Wonderful news Karen! May she experience continued improvement. So very happy you were able to hold her today! Yes delicious I'm sure! Your presence there is sure to have been a great help. Safe travels home.

Cheri
  • JackieS55
    JackieS55 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS!! There are so many pages and I haven't time to sit and read everything! I can say I did weigh myself Tuesday and was less than I thought I would be. I've lost 15.6 lbs since 9/5/16. Slow but sure, and now I'm working harder on my plan. We are going on a trip in August and I would like to be as close to my goal of 150 as I can get. I have approx. 35 lbs. to go. I'll try to check in once in a while. Best regards to everyone on the thread!

Jackie
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Katla Thanks for the salmon recipe! ((hugs)) peeps!

Just checking in here. Wishing I could type more these days, but its enough that I log my food in daily. Started at 250 lbs in December, and now presently 243.0 so I am happy. This is my TOPS weight mind you, so my nudist weight is on here...sadly I can't weigh in nude at my meetings, they would FREAK out! HAHAHA! I tried to weigh in my swimming suit, but that isn't legal either. You have to wear appropriate clothing for the weather, so some weeks I am weighing my clothes before I put them on...oooh I have the lightest clothing EVER!

Love, peace, and perseverance to you all!
    Becca
    Oregon coastie:-)
    271528.png
  • tammyclf
    tammyclf Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Rori are you having a colonoscopy? I had to work the day preceding to and chicken broth is what kept me going! I just bought a box of it and would pour a coffee cup full and microwave it throughout the day. Helped a lot. It's so weird when we train ourselves to eat high fiber and healthy things that for those days leading up you can't have! It was my first one and I was surprised that while drinking the horrid liquid the night before made me super chilled. I usually run hot but I shivered terribly through that process! I read later that others react that way. Good luck!
    The prep is the worst!

Michele - that's great if the stretches work. I've been doing it throughout day - on the fence if it's helping lol. But I still have not yet listened to the part after the stretches! Also haven't ordered the splint/brace. Need to get on that!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Re: I'd be angry if my doctor's office made a blunder as big as ordering an ultra sound on the wrong body part. I wonder whether the doctor is incompetent, or his staff is incompetent. You might consider letting him know about the issue. You &DH deserve better performance than that. :grumble:

Karen in LA: I hope the kidneys begin to show improvement soon. Good wishes to Olivia & the family. (((HUGS)))

Rori: Colonoscopy prep is the worst part of the whole procedure, in my opinion. I hope all goes well for you. :flowerforyou:

I have sent a message to my walking buddy to see if she wants to walk tomorrow but haven't received a reply yet. Whether we walk or not, I plan to call the stable in the morning and see whether tomorrow is a good day to go in and work with Arrow. If so, it will be my first semi-autonomous day with the horse. I'm excited and hope it will be a "go."

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

30881843.png
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    Not too much planned today Gym a little later, will do squats (only 60 today) before I go.

Michelle - boiled bacon can be any joint but this is tenderloin which DH rolls and strings up I cook in the pressure cooker and then slice when cool. we also like bacon ribs and I use the cooking water for lentil and split pea soup.

Hope everyone has a good day

Kate UK