Couples - Post your success pictures and or story

Replies

• STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    crg808 wrote: »
    Me and my girlfriend actually met here on MFP, so we were both on a similar journey

We were actually progressing well when we met, but we support each other with anything that is needed along the way, it's cool to have someone who understands how far you've come (I was obese when I started)

We also enjoy epic cheat nights together :)

@crg808 Pictures please!!!! This is awesome!
  • katycapp
    katycapp Posts: 40 Member
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    katycapp wrote: »
    Anybody have any tips for getting our SO's involved? Mine sees the progress I am making (47 lbs down so far), but just isn't making the connection on what needs to be done on his end. I keep hearing "I barely eat anything...my metabolism must be slow....My body is in starvation mode so I need to eat more" all while fixing second and third helpings of dinner.
    I always give only an appropriate serving (weighed out like my own plate) for the first. There aren't complaints, but another plate is always made while I am still finishing my own.
    I even recommended using MFP so that he could see how much he really is eating during the day, it just hasn't happened.

At this point, he is still less than me so maybe is will kick in when I weigh less? I don't want to force anything as I don't want any tension in our relationship. I love him, no matter what size but if he keeps packing on the weight it will certainly effect his health (if it hasn't already).

How did all of you lovely couples get the other one on board?

I know it is aggravating....but they truly will have to want to make the change. My SO was more like you and I was more like your SO. I would even go to the gym with him and still eat what I wanted to just so I didn't have to hear his mouth OR so he wouldn't view me as being lazy. But when I really got sick and tired of myself is when true change came. I must admit, that I think if he was more motivating vs me feeling like he was judging me, then I believe I would have started earlier.

Plus I made all of those excuses that your guy is making (and really believed them) until I was so sick of my shyt, that I forced me to educate myself.

I would schedule more active events
    I would cook healthy food (and the rest, I would portion out and store it in containers
    and I would limit the amount of junk food that's in the house (make it difficult for him to get the junk)
    Lastly, have a heart to heart. Tell him you love him and why you are concerned.

I pray that he comes around @katycapp

Thank you! I will just keep doing what I have been doing and try those things that you suggested. Hopefully eventually it will catch on.
    We do occasionally go hiking or on walks during the weekends so I will try to increase the amount of time we are active together.
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    mdinms wrote: »
    My husband is currently deployed, and since being gone he has lost 45 pounds, going from 250 to 205. Since he has been gone, I have lost 37 ponds, going from 255 to 218. (we are both 5'11) he is working on bulking now, and I have 38 pounds to go to goal. Even from 10,000 miles away,he is very supportive. Thank goodness for Skype!

That's terrific that you're both losing. Just wanted to thank him for his service and you too! God bless.
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Everyone looks great! :)

First picture: August 2012 (Two days before we found out I was pregnant) - hubby was over 200 and I was over 165... our highest weights. He started to work out so he could join the military. I ended up losing weight during the first half of the pregnancy without trying. :huh:

Second picture: December 2013 (6 months postpartum for me) - hubby was around 180 and I was at 145

I think he had lost between 20-30 pounds and toned up, and I had lost 20 pounds plus baby weight. We're still a work in progress, and I can't wait to see his results after the military gives him back to me in April! (I'm down another 5 pounds since the holidays) He has been so supportive though, even while away. We've already talked about all of the things we're going to do with our daughter when he comes home! :)

couple_progress.jpg

Great photos! Thank him for me for his service and thank you too! May God bless you both.
  • STLBADGIRL
    You guys rock!!!! I mean totally killing the fitness game with your partner!!! Such motivation!!!!
  • mmmmaidservice
    mmmmaidservice Posts: 85 Member
    Great thread @STLBADGIRL! And well done couples new and old!
  • STLBADGIRL
    alheise12 wrote: »
    Here is our before and "during". We're getting married in August and are both currently smaller than our engagement picture (taken in September), but we feel we have a long way to go! Pushing hard in different ways. He is VERY strict with his food and only eats the same thing every day and works out at a gym. I watch my macros and switch the meals up and workout at home. The wedding is SO close I can taste it! k7tekrzhrdyj.jpg
    Dayummmmmmmmmmmm. I'm rooting for you guys!!!!
  • STLBADGIRL
    angie55575 wrote: »
    My boyfriend Jesse (@jgelbaugh17) and I have lost 100lbs together in the last year! :) His picture was from January, 2016, mine from September 2015. What a difference a year makes!

97eab51k51qm.png

You guys look so freak'n HOT!!!! Thanks for sharing
  • STLBADGIRL
    bump
  • STLBADGIRL
    @ShaneLynch1972 A-maz-ing results. It's so much better with a partner, and it is so important to take photos. I'm giving you all a round of applause.
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Thank you all for the kind words!!! :):):)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!