Keto 3 Week Challenge

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Can't believe it's Sunday already! Hope you all are doing well with this challenge. I thinks it's awesome that some of you have decided to take these intial three weeks further and incorporate it into your lifestyle. Regardless if you remain full on Keto or not there are many things, I'm sure, you've learned about your body and what it takes for it to be happy and healthy, that will carry forward.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello everybody! This is the third and final week of our challenge. I hope everyone is doing fantastic! Thanks especially to our seasoned Keto participants that have helped us navigate through these first couple weeks. Thanks so much for all of the recipes and support! I like many others have said that I will probably continue on with this way of eating until the end of my May 27 challenge. I do plan on going off a couple of days for special occasions that are coming up. Knowing that my body should be able to go back-and-forth from carb burning to fat burning.

First week weight loss was 3 pounds. This weeks weight loss was 2.4 pounds. For a grand total of 5.4 pounds.

Good luck everyone! Let's make this a great week!

Mary
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Fantastic results, Mary !
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    What's for dinner peeps??!!

Pork roast, green beans cooked in butter, celery and veggie cream cheese for a starter is what is going on at our house !
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Yummy! What time is dinner?
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Hello everybody! This is the third and final week of our challenge. I hope everyone is doing fantastic! Thanks especially to our seasoned Keto participants that have helped us navigate through these first couple weeks. Thanks so much for all of the recipes and support! I like many others have said that I will probably continue on with this way of eating until the end of my May 27 challenge. I do plan on going off a couple of days for special occasions that are coming up. Knowing that my body should be able to go back-and-forth from carb burning to fat burning.

First week weight loss was 3 pounds. This weeks weight loss was 2.4 pounds. For a grand total of 5.4 pounds.

Good luck everyone! Let's make this a great week!

Mary

Wonderful results!!!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    What's for dinner peeps??!!

Pork roast, green beans cooked in butter, celery and veggie cream cheese for a starter is what is going on at our house !

Sounds... like it will stick to your ribs! Enjoy!
    Yummy! What time is dinner?

LOL!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    BeLLe - thanks for all the positive support that you give!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    BeLLe - thanks for all the positive support that you give!

Your welcome .. same goes to you! :)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Just came in to take a peek ....awesome job everyone ..... I am also a Keto'er ...I have lost 91 lbs in a little over 2 years with 30 to go.... :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Checking in - waylaid by a family emergency but finding it relatively easy to cut back on carbs again, my goal is to be in ketosis by 5 days from now. I know from experience to do it gradually so it is relatively painless. Looking forward to being rid of heartburn and seeing the scale move again. I saw a Today show segment that featured avocado fries...looks like it could be adapted to this WOE by substituting coconut or almond flour. Never heard of avocado fries before. It made me think about fried cheese!

Karen in Virginia
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Just came in to take a peek ....awesome job everyone ..... I am also a Keto'er ...I have lost 91 lbs in a little over 2 years with 30 to go.... :)

Congratulations! You are doing fantastic! Stick around with us and join us if you would like. You probably have some great recipes and suggestions for us!

Karen - you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers! What a beautiful picture of Olivia! I am so glad that she is doing better! The avocado fries sound interesting! You'll have to let us know how they turn out. I think I would like the cheese fries even better.

I was excited this morning when I lost another .2 pounds. What I really enjoy is looking at my body and seeing the difference. I can hardly wait to take my measurements this Friday. I hope everyone is having success with this WOE!

Mary
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    @fanncy0626 ...Thank you so much ..update I have lost 96lbs ....I am a monthly weigher.....as far as recipes go...ruled.me.com .....wickedstuffed.com.....dietdoctor.com and pinterest.com are the ones I use the most ....
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @fanncy0626 ...Thank you so much ..update I have lost 96lbs ....I am a monthly weigher.....as far as recipes go...ruled.me.com .....wickedstuffed.com.....dietdoctor.com and pinterest.com are the ones I use the most ....

Congratulations! Thanks for the links!
  • ms_smartypants
    Options

Congratulations! Thanks for the links!

Thank you and you are so welcome :)
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I am so happy with this way of eating. I lost another .2 pounds. I just want to point out that when eating this way and working out like I normally do I lose weight. Losing weight is not as easy when I eat the same amount of calories and burn carbs for energy. I may or may not lose weight all week long. It takes a lot longer to come off. For me the keto diet is a sure way to lose weight! And I really love that the weight that I am losing is stored fat being burned for energy!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    I am so happy with this way of eating. I lost another .2 pounds. I just want to point out that when eating this way and working out like I normally do I lose weight. Losing weight is not as easy when I eat the same amount of calories and burn carbs for energy. I may or may not lose weight all week long. It takes a lot longer to come off. For me the keto diet is a sure way to lose weight! And I really love that the weight that I am losing is stored fat being burned for energy!

What is great you found what works for you!! Keep up the awesomeness!
  • Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

That's awesome! I have found the same is true for myself. I had a rough last few days trying to keep my carbs in check. After waking up this morning feeling very tired and bloated, I had to get myself back on track and tighten up my eating. For me it can be a very slippery slope with carbs. One meal with bread leads to 2 the next day then its almost full blown. Even though calories are in check, the weight doesn't budge. I have recommitted to getting back in ketosis. I know I won't be perfect everyday, but I need to be more consistent.

Anyone have good tips for eating keto in social situations where food choices aren't always LCHF?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Question for the experienced keto participants. Have you ever done a re-feed? If so, how do you do it? With us coming to the end of the three week challenge I would like to continue on through May. There are a few special events coming up that I would like to be able to not focus on my macros those times. I was wondering if that would be similar to a re-feed?

Mary
  • GoldieLaVie
    GoldieLaVie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great to see everyone's success! I have been feeling great, losing slowly but surely. All my clothes and even my bracelets and necklaces are looser! I had labs done last week, and had a follow up with my doctor this week. She says I need to get my LDL down (it's at 115, and should be under 100) - by increasing my statin dose and eating less meat, cheese, nuts, etc. (well, what am I going to eat then? LOL) Is it really that bad to have a LDL at 115?? My HDL, trigs and cholesterol are all normal! I'll try to eat as keto as possible (under 35 carbs for me) and I'm gonna keep eating my meat, cheese, & my favorite macadamias! Hopefully my next lab test (in late May) will show a decrease in LDL.