40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    I am 41 years old and would like to join this group as well. I have lost 54 lbs. so far; however, my goal is to get under 200 pounds. I've been using myfitnesspal since November (I think). Loving the accountability. Looking forward to losing pounds and gaining 'friends' that's on the same path.

Welcome! And way to go with your current progress!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Friday Fight: Round 1"=Done! 11:31. that was tough!! :s
  • gam3rguy
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Good Morning Cool kids!
    @ach_75 gorgeous photos! Where is this?

Supervised the walking program again last night and got a good walk in! Walked for 90 minutes and actually started to work up a bit of a sweat toward the end.

Mixed curling bonspiel this weekend. We hit the ice at 6:30 tonight. :)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    ach_75 wrote: »
    Today is a non running day and the weather is being kind (tomorrow I may not be so lucky). I opted for a nice 2hr walk over to our local Roman Marching Camps. It was lovely up there so I took some pics.

View of our local reservoir taken from the Roman Road pwia6pqk0twy.jpg

View of the Roman Road itself (what's left of it...not bad for nearly 2000yrs eh?).
    aps592fy8br7.jpg

Nice. A few years ago when I was spending my life in front of this keyboard, one of my stories was set in the Roman camps near Bristol {in 1718} with a little dream travel back to the final days of the Romans on the island. They did build things to last.
  • larrodarro
    Margie and I walked in the pines behind the house for 20 minutes this morning. We are going into the Altha Diner for lunch before I head to work. For any of you guys wandering about the dining scene in Altha Florida, the Altha Diner is the best of the lot. It is also the whole lot.

You guys have a good one.
  • larrodarro
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Lifted today.

All is good.

No BOOM????

Your fans are wanting more.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Hey @sdereski - I live in Wales, in a little rural village.

@larrodarro - yes, they sure did build things to last..and it is so nice to be able go exploring in the more remote areas where things like that are still just 'there' (no visitor attraction or development).

Enjoy your day people....stay cool B)
  • abundantlyme
    abundantlyme Posts: 44 Member
    When I turned 40(6 years ago) I had my 4th child. When he was 6 months old, I saw a picture that someone took of me holding him and I was shocked at how much weight I had put on and didn't know it. I was 260 pounds!cj1evyk6gwo1.jpg
    It's not so bad as I am 6'4", but needless to say, I got my but in gear. I got down to 225 in about a year. Fast forward to now and I am at almost the same weight again(255)1xug28u1sc1z.jpg
    , not because I got fat again, but because I am lifting 3-5 days a week. I am starting to see that my age is working against me more in regards to my "beer belly" and decided to try tracking my food consumption out and wow, was I shocked. More power to all you 40+er's out there trying to do the right thing. Keep up the good work and keep kicking butt!

You look great!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    The plan was a 45-minute row, to be followed by some upper body lifting. But I got a little carried away at the ending sprint so my arms are not cooperating. I'll do some body weight stuff tonight instead.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Friday kids...Gamr3guy, I am waiting for the news to break when you get that certification. 11 minutes, AWESOME is what you are. Chamberdogg, I agree, you look great. Since it is 80 degrees today in February, I decided to take a long walk on a trail. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. As Beeps so eloquently says, "BOOM".
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    turned 40 two weeks ago....whoop whoop...finally the bouncer of this thread let me in.
    Just saying hello.....
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Hi. I am 43. Never had a problem with weight until recently. I'm on several medications that all cause weight gain. So I'm now borderline on the bmi between healthy and overweight.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    @ach_75 Beautiful countryside pics. Would love to see more!
    @chamberdogg - Solid work done there!
  • gam3rguy
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Pulse"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    @caramelgyrlk doing INSANITY definatly makes me certifiable! LOL!
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    ....barrels into the thread looking slightly 'windswept and interesting'........

phew...today's run was WILD! but on the bright side....I was treated to a very thorough dermabrasion session as the driving rain and drizzle basically sand-blasted my face....it feels all smooth now :o

Have a great day everyone!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Full day skiing yesterday then night skating. Now to do it all again today :)