Good Saturday!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Have a super day!!
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Charleen...I am in awe of the kindness you showed that elderly man and his cat. It bought tears to my eyes reading about it. I am inspired by you.

Chris in MA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    when I think back on it, I think it was very low budg that the owner was out of town when they chose to let the boss go, hw would have had the ball$ to be there to do it himself. the older you get the harder it is sometimes to get employed. they could have reassigned her, she just wasn't an effective good mgr. that part sucks. they could have given her the choice and if she decided to leave then that was her choice, I would have sucked it up and taken the lower position and reduced pay, swallowed my pride and probably would have been a lot happier and a lot less stressful for her
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    PIP ~ Hope you get the position you want! :)

Off to the 7 yr old's ball game and birthday party.

Carol
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Happy 1805! :star:

Lisa: Sleeping without painkillers for the first time after surgery is a huge step toward recovery. Yay for Corey! :heart:

Heather: I hope your visit with your son goes well. I am happy that he has dogs. They are excellent companions and love a person just as they are. Unconditional love is a rare and wondrous thing, especially when a person struggles with depression. It is nice to hear that Penney will be with us again in the near future. You are a bearer of good news. :flowerforyou:

Riding lesson today, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to meeting Sue and her daughter at the horse expo in Washington tomorrow. There is snow in the forecast for tomorrow, though. I hope it doesn't mess things up. People in our area are not skilled at driving in snow because it is a rare event & most of us don't get much practice.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!

I had the ultimate senior moment this week. I may have mentioned that I am in a book club that meets the first Friday of every month. We set the schedule for the year and sometimes there are changes. One of us host it at our home and we provide refreshments. For some reason after our last meeting I thought someone said "Will see you at Chris's house next month". Never really checking the schedule I got everything prepared this week which was a real struggle with my work schedule. Clean the house, ordered the book, and baked a chocolate Bundt cake. About 10 PM Thursday evening I decided to check my calendar and it said it was at Nancy's house. I shot an email to my fellow club members and asked where the meeting was. Sure enough it was at Nancy's house. Now I have a chocolate Bundt cake with no one to serve it to. I would put it in the freezer but there is no room. I suppose if I don't get invited anywhere next week I will take it to work.

At Nancy's house last night I turn down the wine in favor of water but did have a small slice of her delicious lemon Bundt cake. How ironic that she made a Bundt cake too. I did consider bringing my cake over to her house but I did not want to step on her toes.

I was happy that I gained no weight in spite of the cake and not being able to get in any exercise yesterday. I'm thinking that since I turned down wine twice this week I may make giving up wine my Lenten abstinence. For some reason many people think that my not drinking up wine due to Lent is easier to except then not drinking it because it doesn't fit into my calorie budget. This is especially true for those of my friends who feel I've lost all the weight I should and they are still struggling. I don't offer any advice for them unless asked.

Must get myself in gear. My goal for this weekend is to finish getting all my paperwork ready for the accountant. UGH! I made an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for 2 o'clock this afternoon and I will get some mall walking in at that time. The weather turned extremely cold again and not conducive to walking outside.

Happy belated birthday Joyce!

Good day and love to everyone!

Chris in MA
  • cbw1958
    cbw1958 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good morning(well almost noon) all! Having a lazy morning but promised myself I would motivate by noon!

I have not been great with the tracking of food...going to try and start again today...log every bite! I will still post my weight on Monday though I doubt it will be great! I did workout 2 times this week and going today so I will get in 3 times this week though goal is 4!

Kelly I see you are in Grand Haven, MI...I am in the UP, Sault Ste. Marie...right next to Canada. We too had single digits this morning but the sun is shinning bright! It makes such a difference with my mood. I have always said that I do not like the snow or cold but it is the lack of sunshine I have the most trouble with!

I see many of you are from the Pacific NW...such a beautiful area! Both my daughters live up there...way up in the Olympic National Park area. I will be flying to Seattle at the end of the month and actually staying there for weekend because my son-in-law will be cooking for the taste of Seattle, he is a chef. I truly find the area absolutely breathtaking!

Hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend!

~Cathy in the snowy but sunny UP of MI!

• pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Really like all of the calendar ideas. May see about doing something like that. I am working my way up to 10,000 - now at 7,000 per day. It would be good to be able to track it on a calendar. Using the fitbit makes me realize how little physical activity I was getting before I started MFP.

Chris - re the reading club, the good news is that you can start the week with a clean house!

Heather - your prawn stir-fry sounds good.

Lanette - I find that my MFP regime is also having an impact on my regularity, despite drinking tons of water. I may try Lanette's suggestion of adding avocado.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

- Leigh in France
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ginger - To add to the list of cold remedies:
    • Vicks is your friend - use it and don't apologize for the aroma as it will help you breathe and not interfere with anything else you may be taking.
    • Mint tea or add mint to your tea - calms the queasy stomach from the mess sliding down the back of your throat. Plus it smells nice.
    My quilt class for today has been cancelled because the teacher has come down with the flu. She is on Tamiflu and has been for the past week, but is still too ill. I've been hearing the flu making the rounds takes 3 weeks to get over. Yuk!

Charleen in Colorado (Much too warm - saw my asparagus are trying to sprout!)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Cheri love your tracking calendar! I may just lift it and print it out for myself, thanks.

DH woke up with a horrible cold, he is such a baby when he is sick, I'm coddling him which I know he secretly loves, plying him with soup, tea, magazines. The house is quiet as he is napping and I have no motivation to go out into the bitter cold here. Today will be a rest day, no guilt, junky movies and a nap are in my future!

Tomorrow I have to work, and then get my meals all planned out. My DMIL has called to tell me how delicious the lentils are that we purchased in Morocco so I know I will be making a lentil dish to serve either hot or cold. Also going to make Balela salad (chickpeas) and a carrot/tahini/raisin salad. Hard boil a 1/2 dozen eggs and the week of lunches will be all set. Setting up healthy and easy breakfast and lunch has been the best strategy I have for keeping my calories in check. Also, I still change into my workout clothes before I leave work, this prompts me to head straight to the gym!

Have a great Saturday everyone. NYKAREN
  • hereslibby
    hereslibby Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feeling about 50% better today Yay! Hope it continues in that direction. Think the tea, hot eucalyptus bath , nasal saline combo was the trick!

Charleen I had forgotten about Vicks. I don't get sick like this often (thank goodness ) will have to pick up some & keep it handy.

Kelly. You should take a trip to Avery Island & southern Louisiana. I am from Louisiana & put Tabasco or Tony's on everything. In fact Tony's seasoning is what is in my salt shaker instead of salt!

Pip. Hang in there. Job restructuring is stressful. My hubby is going through it now too. They let several managers and staff go while his GM was on vacation. GM didn't find out about it till he got back (Surprise!)You have to be patient, do your job well & stay under their radar.

August 1958 slow and steady wins the race.....
    My goal is to loose 1 lb a week. I had lost 10 lbs before I found MFP in January. Took me 5 months of back & forth. Since MFP I have lost 11 lbs in 7 wks! I just joined this group and find lots of support & motivation here. Good luck!

Libby- Phx, AZ
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Libby, I hate, hate, hate sinus problems. I have to have an antibiotic and cortisone. Years ago I had to go to an actual ENT about my sinuses and I don't have normal infections and require a different type of antibiotic than is usually given. Both my daughters have the same problem. But when my girls got old enough as children and didn't need a pediatrician, our PCP always knew to order the different one.

I email Sherry last night and she responded. She has had a lot of health problems and a lot of problems getting the new state she moved to when she moved out of the shelter into the couples home. She is finally getting that straightened out and getting appointments. She is still living with the couple and the woman sometimes just sits with her and holds her to give her comfort. They watch a lot of TV together. She said she doesn't want to write in here and talk about all he medical problems.

I love good sweet tea. I would make a good southerner!!! But I limit myself to twice a week because of my high blood pressure and the sweetener I use. DH loves to go to Texas Roadhouse and I get the bowl of chili for supper. It is a 3 alarm chili and I drink 3 glasses of tea. Also a local Mexican place has really good tea and I usually drink 2 glasses there. Other than that it's water all the way. I have always wondered about the calming tea Allie drinks at bedtime.

Well, it's the Ohio valley here. Tuesday we had severe storms and tornadoes, Wednesday temps in the 60's with it wonderful blue skies. Thursday we had snow, yesterday it was clear skies again but around 35. Today it is going to be around 65. No wonder we get sinus problems and colds and flu!!!!

Heather, I can not believe Bea is going to have a 1 year birthday party. Just no way.

Joyce, Indiana
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Joyce, thanks for the update on Sherry.

This is the first Saturday in what seems like forever that I have had nowhere I have to be. Took a walk with Dave, then a bath, and the rest of the day will be spent relaxing. May even turn on the fireplace and have a nap!
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good morning :)
    Endurance day stats
    180 minutes @ 1265k burn

Cheri love the tracker

Making these today:

5zpdkivv06ul.jpg

I have the nutrition info if you are interested.

Have a good weekend everyone <3 Sarah, Ontario