Has anyone become attractive after losing weight? If so then tell me..

Options

Replies

• mattdhall
    mattdhall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For me, yes. Definitely. I went from 220 to 160. I didn't feel like I really looked any different, but I started getting lots of attention.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely adorable in all the pics!
    r5wr wrote: »
    bh434l3m93o4.jpg

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I was always a thin person growing up until I started having children and was a thin person before my last child was born 7 years ago. I actually think I look okay both overweight and when I'm at my ideal weight. :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Do I think I became more attractive? Maybe. I'm certainly happier with myself and perhaps that projects itself into more confidence which some people will interpret as attractive.

However, I would not use that as a motivation to exercise or become healthier or lose weight. Not only is it incredibly subjective, but it also might lead people to a false expectation. Maybe your face will have more lines or wrinkles after losing weight because there's no fat to fill them. Maybe you'll have stretch marks you never were able to notice before. Anyway, that's my take on it.
  • Desertcolt07
    Desertcolt07 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I have heard stories that people become attractive after losing weight. I want to see whether anyone of you has ever experienced this. Honest answers will be appreciated. Thnx

i think that when you lose fat and become more fit, you get a big confidence boost that comes from real accomplishment. confidence is more attractive than physical appearance.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I think that I look better....i think that most who lose weight think they look better.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yes. My face is far less puffy and I get less breakouts. For me personally, I'm more attractive in that when I'm feeling good about myself, I'm happier and I smile more. When I physically feel like garbage, as I do when I'm carrying extra weight, I'm not as happy, I don't smile as often, my posture sucks, I have a double chin...the list goes on. Of course, I've seen people who physically I thought looked better with a little more weight on them but that is obviously subjective. What I find attractive, other people may not. Some people may think I look gross skinnier, lol. But personally, I feel my face is one of the first places to show my progress.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight did not change how people treated me for the better. I admit I THOUGHT I would be viewed as more attractive and would be more accepted (it's a common cliche in American movies, right?!). The only thing I faced was more sexism (in that people assumed the skinny me couldn't lift/carry heavy things more intensely than when I was heavy, which was an issue because that was a skill in my line of work). However, my body feels better which outweighs all the noise from the rest of the world.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Outward appearance and therefore weight is physical attraction. This is going to depend on your personal preference, but my guess is that the average person, given a free choice, is going to be more physically attracted to a person that is in a healthy weight range vs. a person that is at an unhealthy weight, high or low. There are plenty of exceptions of course, but IMO, we are programmed to seek out a mate that is a healthy weight, when our own self confidence and self esteem provides the tools for doing so. The personality that goes with the person is a big factor, but it's independent of the physical attraction, although it could both compliment it or negate it to some degree as well.

What I find hilarious is that I view myself as more attractive when I'm skinnier, but physically I'm attracted to larger guys. Go figure.
  • iamfighting
    iamfighting Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Idk why anyone is confused by this post . YES YOU GET MORE ATTRACTIVE. absolutely . Being over weight is fine . It's life . No one judges. But yes . ANYONE is not attractive thinner.

So yes.
    L
  • iamfighting
    iamfighting Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    With that said .My girlfriend is the first "over weight " girl I ever dated and I like her more than ANYONE I ever met. So ......To strangers yes u will look more attractive......But the people in your life should of always thought so. good luck big guy
  • cassiech1986
    cassiech1986 Posts: 38 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm waaaaaay more attractive when I'm thin. And self esteem is way high! Confidence is very attractive! In a few months I'm hoping to feel that way again.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Depends who you're attracting really. Am I conventionally more attractive to a broader group of people? Probably. The exponential increase in catcalls for every 10lbs lost would indicate that to be the case and quite frankly it's an absolute pain the *kitten*. But I've always had it at some level regardless of size. Even when looking a total mess.

I don't think there is anything wrong with vanity at any size or striving to be the most attractive you can be. As long as that isn't your only goal in life and every bit of your self worth and self esteem is wrapped up in that.

and I'm not sure it's appropriate to say to someone, yay, go exercise, you want to be attractive right?! is really the sort of motivation one needs. It could dent someones already poor self esteem because no, attractiveness isn't all about size.
  • BeChill73
    BeChill73 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    People are more attractive when they are comfortable with who they are. Since losing weight can help you become a happier, more confident person, then I can see why someone might seem more attractive after they lose weight if they were miserable with low self esteem before the weight loss. It's that sparkle of light/joy in the eye that makes someone attractive to me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!