Has anyone become attractive after losing weight? If so then tell me..

Replies

• JasonlRoeder
    JasonlRoeder Posts: 729 Member
    edited March 2017
    I've know people that have lost a lot of weight and look amazing, but became *kitten*-holes because of the crowd they now hang with. It's kind of sad.
  • r5wr
    r5wr Posts: 203 Member
    perkymommy wrote: »
    You are absolutely adorable in all the pics!
    r5wr wrote: »
    bh434l3m93o4.jpg

Lol thank you!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I would say not a huge difference for me. I don't feel wildly attractive.
    I look the same to myself when I look in the mirror. I feel better physically. I may be a bit more outgoing.
    My spouse gives me the same amount of compliments and attention as he did before I lost weight. He has commented that I seem to have more energy.
    I have not become more attractive to society that I have noticed.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 386 Member
    I think that a lot of people associate health with attraction. We're biologically made to seek out healthy partners so that our offspring have the best chance of surviving. So psychologically and generally, yes, losing weight and becoming healthy makes you're more attractive. But everyone has their own types and preferences so it's very subjective and can't be answered with a simple yes or no.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    I have heard stories that people become attractive after losing weight. I want to see whether anyone of you has ever experienced this. Honest answers will be appreciated. Thnx

In my experience, yes.

Clearly different people find different things attractive but on a general level I got much more interest after I lost weight.

Incidentally, it wasn't because my confidence level grew either because it didn't. It took a number of years before I got my head straight.
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    andrea4736 wrote: »
    Outward appearance and therefore weight is physical attraction. This is going to depend on your personal preference, but my guess is that the average person, given a free choice, is going to be more physically attracted to a person that is in a healthy weight range vs. a person that is at an unhealthy weight, high or low. There are plenty of exceptions of course, but IMO, we are programmed to seek out a mate that is a healthy weight, when our own self confidence and self esteem provides the tools for doing so. The personality that goes with the person is a big factor, but it's independent of the physical attraction, although it could both compliment it or negate it to some degree as well.

What I find hilarious is that I view myself as more attractive when I'm skinnier, but physically I'm attracted to larger guys. Go figure.

This is definitely me, although I never really consider myself attractive. I'm drawn to men who are larger than life, like John Candy or Brian Blessed.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    My take could be that confidence is attractive. And a lot of people gain confidence when they lose weight. Walk taller, smile more, more outgoing, etc. which makes them seem more attractive.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Attraction is so subjective. There are people who like people who are big. So if those people lost weight, they would be unattractive to those people.
    Attraction isn't just about how you look. There's a lot more involved. Lol, people with money get a lot of attraction regardless of how they look. So do famous people.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member

ninerbuff wrote: »
    Attraction is so subjective. There are people who like people who are big. So if those people lost weight, they would be unattractive to those people.
    Attraction isn't just about how you look. There's a lot more involved. Lol, people with money get a lot of attraction regardless of how they look. So do famous people.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This is a good point and definitely happened to me. My ex dumped me when I started losing weight because he likes big guys. After I lost about 40 pounds, he freaked out and said that I wouldn't be attractive anymore if I lost weight. To each their own but I realize that him liking me for my size was damaging to us both as it was a fixation for him and kept me from making necessary changes for my health. So, yes attractiveness is subjective, but I certainly don't believe the views of my ex are mainstream. Most people are attracted to fit or average individuals, body wise.
  • ChelsiFry
    ChelsiFry Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017

I'd most definitely like to think I'm more attractive without excess weight but everyone's beautiful no matter how much they weigh! Starting weight: 190, Current Weight: 125.
    me.JPG 323.5K
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    I will never be attractive, even if I get down to my "perfect" weight. I'm disabled and have weird proportions - top half of my body is the size of a 5'9" person, my legs are about the size of a 4' person. I'm also disabled and my legs and hips are deformed. So for me, losing weight has nothing to do with looking better. It's just for my health.
  • LittleDoodlePoodle
    LittleDoodlePoodle Posts: 154 Member
    JeffreyOC wrote: »
    I've definitely become more confident

pyz30axvf4ze.jpg

You got more attractive too, dude. The slimmed out face draws more attention to your features, and maybe it's the fact that you're no longer hiding in the photo but you look like you got swag now.

It's 50:50. You're hotter but you also got energy.

I hope I get more attractive when I hit goal. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I get you, OP.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Beauty is subjective, but I feel that I personally am far more attractive when I am fit. My husband seems to think I'm hot no matter what, but he's crazy about me.

I enjoy the energy, strength, flexibility and aesthetics of the fit version of my body. I feel healthier and stronger and I look healthier and stronger, and those qualities are extremely attractive to me. I think many people feel more confident and energetic when they look and feel fit and healthy. And confidence and energy are always attractive. <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!