Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Sigh. Not the bench only meet I wanted. The looooooooooong wait for the start command killed my shoulder. But, I was able to keep my opener where I had originally planned for it and I saved my shoulder to bench again on Wednesday and then start meet prep for worlds.

Smooth Dana.

Is that a normal foot set up for you?

Nope. Well, right leg was normal. Left is showing the effects of the minor sprain of the mcl. Having the overhead camera is awesome.

I'm still in disbelief that my coach is finally actually talking about putting me in a shirt. And moving in my grip for raw. We will see if he actually follows through on the shirt though.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Not the bench only meet I wanted. The looooooooooong wait for the start command killed my shoulder. But, I was able to keep my opener where I had originally planned for it and I saved my shoulder to bench again on Wednesday and then start meet prep for worlds.

You always have such a good looking bench. #swoon. I'm impressed you managed to strain all 4 at once. Were you holding on to an airplane propeller?

Good luck tomorrow!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Fittreelol wrote: »

You always have such a good looking bench. #swoon. I'm impressed you managed to strain all 4 at once. Were you holding on to an airplane propeller?

Good luck tomorrow!

An accident on the bus actually. I'm just trying to look at it this way. If I hadn't have been holding on as tightly, I would have flown further and hit something and been injured worse. And if I had been holding tighter, I may not have fallen but my shoulder would be in far worse shape and I wouldn't have gotten medical clearance to lift hear and I may have even had to pull out of worlds. As it is, I'm down to superspinatus being a little pissed off still. And I did the smart thing and when on my second and third felt the stress on it just didn't press.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    ...And peaking has come to a screeching halt...

A fire in the building that houses my gym has the place shut down until further notice. I have a few emails out to local gyms inquiring about week passes or something, but no guarantees. Was supposed to bench today, but nope. This meet is either gonna be interesting, or just flat out suck.

Sorry to hear!
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I have three gym memberships. Not sure what that says about me. :#

One is the local rec center that we have a charter membership to, less than $400 per year for the whole family. Basically keep this one so I can take the kid swimming. Then an Anytime Fitness so I can work out while the kid boxes, and a gym membership where my powerlifting trainer works.

I technically have 3 also. 2 I pay for. 1 near my home for weekends, 1 near my work and I go over right after I get out and a free membership through the University I work for. I can take all kinds of classes for free. They allow you to meet with personal trainers for free 6 times a year and the guy I've taken a couple workshops with is going to meet with me to review my form etc. Plus he's a powerlifter. I just need to free up some time to see him.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    3 "gyms" here too. 2 memberships and home gym. Joined local Gold's ( of which there are 3, I go to 2 somewhat regularly) for rehab after shoulder surgery over 2 years ago and for only $20/month I keep going for accessory machines and cables. Out of town a lot for work so joined out of town gym (no Gold's in that town). Home gym is power rack, adjustable DBs, and some bands.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Moved 380lbs (172.3kg) pretty well last night. I was hoping for a 400lb bench at my next meet, but it's on the 25th of this month and I don't think it's there. I will take something close to 380lbs (maybe 172.5kg) for a second attempt and gauge from there if I want to try 391lbs (177.5kg), 397lbs (180kg), or 402lbs (182.5kg)

Moved real fast
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Moved 380lbs (172.3kg) pretty well last night. I was hoping for a 400lb bench at my next meet, but it's on the 25th of this month and I don't think it's there. I will take something close to 380lbs (maybe 172.5kg) for a second attempt and gauge from there if I want to try 391lbs (177.5kg), 397lbs (180kg), or 402lbs (182.5kg)

Moved real fast

I'm happy with it. Watching video definitely helps put speed in perspective, because it felt slower.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Moved real fast

I'm happy with it. Watching video definitely helps put speed in perspective, because it felt slower.

Lol, always...

Feels RPE 9,000 but looks RPE 8
  • _Phill727
    _Phill727 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @_incogNEATo_ looks good brotha, that's some weight!
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    _Phill727 wrote: »
    @_incogNEATo_ looks good brotha, that's some weight!

Thank you sir.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    505? That came up faaaaast.
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Well nationals is in the bag. Overwhelming feelings are of pride. Learnt a lot, and so did my coach. Including that if I'm saying something is hurting, it's a sign to not drop an opener by a little but by a lot. And he knew to give me my space when I was sitting 0/2 on bench to get deep in the headspace I needed and knock the third out of the park. I had more than a couple people I massively respect come up to me after and tell me how impressed they were with how composed I managed to be in the situation. What I remember most is being there fully locked out after pressing and mentally screaming at myself to wait for the rack command. I don't have much downtime until worlds, only five weeks but we will do what we have to in order to get my shoulder healed up and ready I go. I do wish I had all my lifts on video. The live stream is only archived until shortly after my second squat. I wound up going 6/9 with a 135/80/165 for 380 total. Good enough for 6th in the 84s.

Inspiring!

This is the only thread in these forums consistently worth reading.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    505? That came up faaaaast.

No just 460. I was just trying to test out my fingers. This was first time I've lifted strapless over 400lbs because my fingers are deformed and too swollen to grip the bar from a joint disease.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    Well nationals is in the bag. Overwhelming feelings are of pride. Learnt a lot, and so did my coach. Including that if I'm saying something is hurting, it's a sign to not drop an opener by a little but by a lot. And he knew to give me my space when I was sitting 0/2 on bench to get deep in the headspace I needed and knock the third out of the park. I had more than a couple people I massively respect come up to me after and tell me how impressed they were with how composed I managed to be in the situation. What I remember most is being there fully locked out after pressing and mentally screaming at myself to wait for the rack command. I don't have much downtime until worlds, only five weeks but we will do what we have to in order to get my shoulder healed up and ready I go. I do wish I had all my lifts on video. The live stream is only archived until shortly after my second squat. I wound up going 6/9 with a 135/80/165 for 380 total. Good enough for 6th in the 84s.

I know the curse filter is going to take away from what I'm saying, but I'm going to type it out anyways:

This is some good *kitten*! Heal up and get ready for Belarus.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

I caught your first squat. You had a very deep weight class and very competitive.