WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Wednesday! My last day of the work week with my little daycare kiddos, as I am off early tomorrow morning for my quick trip to visit Joaquin! It will be like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles! I drive the twenty minutes to the Amtrack Station, take the train to Chicago, take the L to O'Hare, hop on the plane and land in TX! On Saturday, when I return home, I have nine hours in Chicago! Yea! A little window shopping and Lincoln Park Zoo! I hope the weather cooperates!
    Karen- Jumping for joy over Olivia going home! Go warrior princess!
    Janet- Mia is a sweet little peanut! Hope to see her heading home soon!
    Penny- Hey! So good to see you! I can commiserate with you on the busyness of life getting in the way of healthy habits! I have been traveling that road for the past month or so. Like you, I am working my way back to good choices. SO happy to see you again! <3

Meyer Briggs test....I think I took it a while ago. I will try it again when I have a minute. Kids have arrived and are full of energy! I better get going before they rattle the roof off my house! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    KarenVA- we are so excited about Olivia going home! We are so glad that all of our prayers have been answered for her. So happy for you grandma!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Kelly congratulations to you all. Joaquin is beautiful, what a head of hair! your daughter looked stunning in that pic, you must be sooo happy. When do you go out to Texas to see them?

Rori countdown to Hawaii and countdown to Italy, lots of fun trips ahead for you.

Beth prayers for an easy drive in and a successful surgery for DH.

DH is in process of selling his investment property and has said, maybe it's time to buy "our" second property for vacation and eventual retirement. On this snowy, wet, cold day, I jumped off my perch and said Let's start the search!!

NYKAREN

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-14X 10 X 35
    I have increased the weight of the Kettlebell from 30 pounds to 35 pounds.

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Finally a beautiful day today! Getting ready for my first of two-2 mile walks for today. I might go for three!

I was excited to see a 0.4 lb loss today! I'm still a fat burning machine! Eating this way for me really drops the weight quickly and steadily.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Love the baby pictures.
    Yayyy Olivia went home! That is great news

We had just over 17 inches of snow on the driveway yesterday, closer to 20 in the grass (paved driveway was warm enough for snow to melt the first hour or so of falling). Wind picked up and blew snow back on driveway even as it was being adressed with the snow blower on our garden tractor. Then the sun came out and melted the remaining snow on driveway. Of course the melted snow then froze after dark. Driveway is a sheet of ice this morning. We have a 3 hour delay at work (was given the day off yesterday). I'm hoping the sun comes out to shine on it for a bit. Otherwise it will be interesting driving downhill to the road :/
    DH is spreading 'ice melt' now, since he is leaving for work in few minutes, but it is so cold right now, the ice melt won't work efficiently (19° F)...
    Have a great day
    queene in PA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options
    n2h6rlbbiqpo.jpg
    xa5456cbdszt.jpg
    smuixff1hkea.jpg
    t3rg0613v0g78.jpg

What we have to deal with today in New England. Neighbors tree about to fall and trash other neighbors house and our electrical. We will see how that turns out.

Rita in CT
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    945076uyzon4w470.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    Welcome senor juaquin, watch out ladies here I come!
    ed1a40ajam4d.jpg
    Floyd damnit
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    rita. Fingers crossed that they take care of that tree asap!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Beth- praying for your DH having a successful surgical outcome! Will be thinking of you during the day and hoping that you can relax and that time flies! Keep us up-to-date on how things are going for you!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    welcome back lagopus
  • loseweightbb
    loseweightbb Posts: 36 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good morning all. Hope everyone else also dealing with the snow storm is safe & able to dig out ok. Hope those who've lost power also have it back soon. We had a snow day again today. Hubby had to leave at 4 am, though, to go plow for the school district again. Then they closed school afterall - so he could've gone later to do that if the superintendent had made the decision sooner. Oh well. At least he was able to come back home again later in the morning. If keeps snowing today, will have to go in early again tomorrow.

Now he's braving the really cold temps today to snowblow the driveway & do his Mom's too. Last night he just brought the school plow truck home & plowed our driveway (was glad when he was finally home safe again - it was really nasty out). He kept it here overnight instead of going back to work to get his own truck. Poor guy - so late & exhausted that he just went right to bed as soon as he came in about 9:00 last night. Didn't even eat dinner. He went back to bed when he got home again this morning, but not for long - said he couldn't sleep.

I can relate - had terrible insomnia last night. Took a shower about 9:30 & was really tired from shoveling so hoped I'd fall asleep easily, but no such luck. Legs & back achy so think that was part of it - tossed all night. At 1:30 am still hadn't fallen asleep. Then finally fell asleep sometime after that only to be woken up with the alarm at 3:45 for DH. Then again & again every time I just fell asleep again, got a phone call auto message about one of the schools being closed. The one I work at already had it on the news last night, so already knew that. One where we live waited till about 6 am. Woke up again at 7 & had to get up to give daughter meds & let dogs out. Went back to bed & tried to sleep again after, but no success. So gave up & got up at about 8:30 or so after DH got home. Soooo glad didn't have to go to work today at least. Would've been worse if had to get up at 5 for work. Could use a nap, but never able to sleep in middle of day. Sure hope I can sleep tonight.

At least it stopped snowing here - for now. Who knows what will happen later today. It's still bad in some areas of the state. We got about 2.5 ft since it started, but we're used to lots of snow in my area. I know it's hit bad in areas in the southern part of NY that don't usually get this much snow & other states.

Hope it stays clear - we have a funeral to go to this evening. One of our nieces (DH's sister's daughter) died last wkend from a drug overdose. She was 30 & had 3 children. What a waste. :'( She got pregnant with her 1st when only 14 & has been in & out of trouble for years. She & the kids have been living with Sis-in-law for a while - SIL has basically been raising them. She's worried now about one of them if the dad (diff. one than others) will take her. Haven't been that close with them over the years, so don't really know much about it all.

Not exactly sure what time we'll be going. Around 5 or 6 pm I think. Luckily it's not too far away. Will likely be taking my mother-in-law too as she lives nearby us. So depends on what time she wants to go. Calling hrs earlier & service at 6.

Wow - I just went on & on. :# Gotta go work on paying bills & then get in some treadmill time. Also gonna look for a youtube video or netflix streaming for some ab exercises, too. Tomorrow should be back to work & plan to go to the YMCA & do the wt machines - after TOPS meeting after work. They have a stability ball exer class (for abs) on Tuesdays that I really want to try, but haven't managed to get there yet. Maybe next wk. Want to try to go swim again on Fri., too. My students have a 1/2 day so should be able to leave earlier since will have some time in pm to get plans, etc done & no students staying after school.

KAREN in VA: AWESOME news about Olivia! She's sure a fighter. So happy for your family. Love the hat!

KELLY: Congrats on the new grandbaby!

JANET: Best wishes for Mia's improving health so she'll be going home soon, too. ((hugs))

-- Becky (upstate NY)
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Morning all -

Rita - Your RV is a beast! Wishing you many happy adventures with it! We used to have an ancient 25' one ("The Yaga Hut"), and it was an experience to drive for sure.

Heather - Hurray for heat!

Sue - Your advice to Sarah is great, but it's not always possible. I know I've got medical issues that I just can't afford to have checked out right now. I try not to worry, but it's still in the back of my mind. I think the end goal of our so-called "great" health care system is for everyone but the wealthy to die off.

Allie - If you go to this link, you can click on your type and it'll give you a summary: https://www.opp.com/en/tools/MBTI/MBTI-personality-types

Becky - Wow, I've never seen a treadmill reset its time! Nice work! Do you read or watch TV or something while you're on it?

Kelly - Congratulations on your beautiful grandbaby! Look at the hair on that kid!

Janet - And another new baby! Megan looks like a little doll.

Penny - It's so good to hear from you again! Hope things are starting to settle down for you. You're a braver woman than I, to go out jogging in that weather!

Karen - Wow, look at Olivia go! So happy she is able to be home with her family at last.

Regarding the Myers-Briggs test, I recently ran across a short quiz that gave results pretty similar to what I got when I took the full M-B (I'm a "Guardian" - ISFJ). The link is here: https://www.arealme.com/16types/en/

Take care, y'all, and if you're dealing with winter, watch your footing!

-Yvonne in TX
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Kelly, Janet, and Karen ~ Love, love, love those little babies.

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options
    They will finish the tree without incident I hope. They are topping it off first so should be good.

I am sitting here in the Honda dealer after shoveling snow for a couple hours to get the car out and place for the dogs. Have to get brakes checked tires balanced and checked for leaks. They just came to me and said there is an active recall on my airbags so gonna fix that too. Glad I took my iPad and charger! Free wifi good too. Here alone for at least a two hour wait.

Rita from CT
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I can't believe how addicted we've become to having a phone available all the time. Mine is always in a pocket or purse nearby. It is both safety device and entertainment center. I use mine for a zillion tasks and making calls is nowhere near the top of the list. :star:

DJ: Thanks for your kind wishes. :smiley:

Lois: Stay safe on your trip to Boston. :flowerforyou:

Penny: It is so good to hear from you!!! :star::heart: :star:

Karen: Congratulations on Olivia getting to go home. WAHOO!!!!! :heart:

Pip: Sweet puppy photo and I love it. I'm a bit confused by "Welcome senior Juaquin" and "Floyd damnit." Do you have a new puppy? :huh:

Beth: Sending prayers for a great surgical outcome and easy recovery. :heart:

We're on floodwatch for the next day or two. The water is higher than I've seen it in years. I have a worst-case scenario in mind that has me moving two family heirlooms upstairs and sacrificing the piano. It was my mom's and she received it right after Pearl Harbor. It is simply too heavy for us to move up. I doubt it will come to that.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Katla prayers hope you don't have to go through a flood.

:heart: Margaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Margaret: Me, too! Thanks for your good wishes. :heart: