WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Beth ~ Hoping your hubby's surgery goes well.

I took that personality test and like Janet, I am a Defender - ISFJ. When I read the description, it fitted me to a "T". And, I was in the right career (teacher).

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Penny - so glad to see you!
  • loseweightbb
    loseweightbb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yvonne: Yeah, I've never seen that on a treadmill either - guess I've never done that many minutes at once. Or if I have, I've also accidentally knocked off the safety thing on mine that's a magnetic thing on the treadmill & clip on other end of chord I hook on my waistband. Numerous times, I've hit it while pumping arms & had it stop & reset, losing my time. So annoying when that happens. It has to be on it to run. Don't have to connect to me, but figure I may as well - never know if I'll take a tumble some day - why chance it.

Yes, I read while doing it. Also listen to music at same time. Do both on my kindle. Have it in a sort of rubbery case that keeps it from sliding around & it sits on a ledge on front of treadmill. I listen to Pandora music stations & pick ones to match the pace I'm walking. It helps me keep going at faster paces for longer & then more relaxing for cool down. Also really like using the kindle ebooks since I can set the font size to make easy to read & just swipe back & forth pg to pg. Years ago - before I had a kindle - I'd try to read books or mag on it, but that was a pain. Wouldn't stay open easily or have to hold, which didn't free up hands to do upper body moves or just pump arms. As I'm getting older, harder to read tiny print, too. I've found some great free ebooks that have been very inspirational & motivating. It really does make the time fly by, too. Sometimes go long than planned just to finish what I'm reading (not a bad thing).

Recent Favorites: 4 Mindsets of Effective Weight Loss (Mark Diaz), Small Things in Life That Can Make You Happy (Diana DeRose), Weight Loss - How to Lose Weight Naturally with Smart, Healthy, Weight Loss Tips (Haylie Furman), Simplify Your Life (Sarah O'Flaherty).

Speaking of treadmills: gotta go change & walk on it now. Should've done earlier today, but got busy doing other stuff. The day's really getting away from me - so much for an extra day off. Should clean kitchen, too, but exercise will come 1st. Making that the priority these days - too often in the past, it hasn't been & never happened.

-- Becky (upstate NY)
  • loseweightbb
    loseweightbb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah - also wanted to mention: the site where I found the personality test was www.my-personality-test.com. I found it googling Myers Briggs, but not really sure if it's the same. Interested to check out the other sites mentioned. Thanks.

-- Becky
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    Katla]- isn't juaquin the name of a human baby that was posted? I was welcoming him to the world.

Damnit could never figure out which dog was which when I would post pics of my kids so I was telling her that's Floyd as a pup.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Penny- I am so glad that you are posting here again! Awesome wages! Been able to relax in the summertime is a great perk.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I have been reading along and just now got caught up! Just checking in quickly before a trip to the library and the store. Our cupboard is bare!

So many are facing weather challenges... You are in my thoughts and prayers. It is very cold here but the snow we had on Saturday only lasted the day.

So glad pi-baby is here and thrilled that Olivia is home. Hope little Mia is out of NICU soon.

DJ - you look lovely in your dress. I don't think I have had a dress on for the last 10 years. Always wear pants.

Sending encouragement to the many who need it
    Toni in Tennessee
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Boy, I have a lot of catching up to do. Suffice to say that I exercised every day, even the day we left the condo. So sad. I'm hoping to talk Vince into going back down there in July.

Welcome everyone new and all returnees

My trigger thumb is really acting up today. And so are my sinuses. But I know it's the change in temp. going from the 70's in FL to the 30's here.

Rita - so glad you found a motor home

Loved all the pictures

Thinking of everyone in the storm

Sad to read about the little ones and happy for the successes of others

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,061 Member
    Options
    Mia adorable!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hey All;

I am back at work - and back with y'all in a more than passing way. I did try to do some reading over the long (for me) weekend - but, really, with the gym, the swimming the PT, the housework, the laundry... well - you all know what I am talking about.

It sometimes seems that work is the only place where I ever get a breather!

I have had some food struggles - I keep intending to leave some calories on the table - and then, I don't. :#

But, I haven't been too awful about eating over the limit, so, I suppose it's all good. Darned Peanut M&M's. They keep leaping into my mouth at the most inconvenient times.

I did get to register another loss on the Summer Challenge - so that is fantastic - but, I have pretty much accepted the fact that I won't be making it to Onderland before the ticker rolls over to day 365. I had a small hope that I would make it by then - but, clearly, I like food a lot more than I care about making it to Onderland before the end of this month!

I am, however, not all that disappointed. I mean, geez... I started at 260 a year ago - I set my MFP for 1 lb per week - and I have lost 55 pounds. Huh, go figure. I have lost a little over a pound a week... It's like Magic.... (Shhhh... don't tell anybody. It's a big secret... you have to burn more calories than you eat.)

I have to say - I can't feel too badly about not making it to the magical Onderland before the year is up - I mean, gosh... this weekend - I had a plate of spicy pork nachos (fasted all day AND did over an hour of swimming to be able to "afford" the calories.) and a greasy sausage and cheese bagel. (did an hour and fifteen in the pool - because I ate lunch.) I need a workout shirt that says "Will Work (out) for Food!" It's nothing but the truth. Love me some Mexican food.

For those of you that are struggling - even while doing the "right stuff" I am sorry. I know that it happens - and it bites. Change something up for a few days - exercise, macros, calories - something.

Today will be a short day at the gym, for me... I think I will just stop in for a 15-20 minute backward pedal on the elliptical... DH is sick and I was up half the night taking care of him - so, I am not in peak condition, today. I just hope he is feeling better. I think he got a little food poisoning from eating out and about, yesterday. :/

I would skip it all together - but DANG I suck at calorie restriction... so I need a couple hundred for buffer.

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX
    "Will Work (out) for Food"
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Glad to see the babies are doing well. <3

I'm back from London and delighted to see Penny back with us. :D Hi there!

Had a good lunch with my step daughter, but I am sooooooooooooo tired now. Walked a lot. Plus two art exhibitions. The Hoppers and Grant Woods were wonderful. I also enjoyed the Russian Revolution as it gave a great overview.
    We went to our favourite Israeli restaurant afterwards. Really good value.

Too tired to talk more. Hope you stay dry Katla. <3

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Janetr ... Mia will thrive as soon as she gets home! So precious!

Well, we're home ... but I'm not sure for how long. Surgery was very successful and very different than the one he had in September. He already can feel major pain relief. And he's moving so well I have to yell at him to not bend or twist. But, the nincompoop, wasn't completely honest (like not at all) about whether he had urinated before leaving the hospital. So now we're in contact with his doctor about that ... I'm guessing we'll be heading back to the hospital. The roads at this time, are thankfully, bare. Hoping they stay that way if we have to go back in. Men!

Beth near Buffalo
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I'm tired and stress and having a very, very hard time staying out of food! So far, I've pulled my hand back from the candy dish no less than 3 times! And why do I have a candy dish? Because I think I should be stronger than its pull.