What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    that as I loose weight I need more intense exercise to get the same benifit but my joints aren't up for it. example walking and hiking need to be replaced with jogging but knee can't do it.

Hey Mama -

You can walk/hike with a pack - but your knees might reject that, too. I use the elliptical... like jogging/running - but with no pounding on the joints. Good luck!

great idea. I do hike with a pack but it's to carry my water lol I'm going to try adding some weigjt to it...thanks!!
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    LynnBBQ72 wrote: »
    Sari4409 wrote: »
    People that you think would support you become pushy with food/drink.

This!! I've been at this since mid 2016 and have lost almost 60 lbs. One particular person at work always talks about what a great job I'm doing, and how great I look, and how proud he is of me, and how he knows it is a lot of work, etc. Then he tells me all about people he knows that lost a bunch of weight and put it back on quickly, and cautions me that I have to stay the course and don't give in to cravings and don't quit and on and on. Then he brings snacks for the office ALMOST EVERY SINGLE DAY. He only brought them once a month or so before I started losing weight. Nothing else has changed at work, so I can't help but think he is doing it to sabotage my efforts. Really - in one five day work week he brought a cake, then cupcakes, then a case of cookies, then a tin of gingersnaps, then a giant box of packaged Rice Crispy Treats. He doesn't eat any kind of sweets himself, so what am I supposed to think?

Is he trying to test your resolve? I think so !

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!