Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Heard a Supervisor remind us to wear green tomorrow for St Patricks Day - seems she pinches people who dont wear green - I would like to deck her for trying to pinch me :s . I have 3 green buttons/shamrocks I will share.

Red in calories today, found out Supervisor's little baby girl (6 months) passed away and so I ate a little more chocolate than usual, and someone's birthday cake....

Corned beef/cabbage tomorrow for lunch.

Quiche in toaster for dinner - last serving is Saturday. Will make either shepherd's pie or cheeseburger casserole this weekend.

Dog is done, so we will wander over to Lana's Palm Tree, rumor of green beer and green appetizers (artichokes are green....) for tomorrow. Cboys attire is an eyebrow raiser.....

Wishing all a great evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Fruit /Veg box this morning - 2 bunches of carrots, what was I thinking? May make Shepherd's pie to use the carrots, will roast with the radishes and sweet potatoes.

TGIF - our weather will have changed 20 degrees from this past Tuesday to this coming Wednesday and boy does it make joints hurt.

Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work. TGIF - had to say it twice.
  • RemoteOutpost
    RemoteOutpost Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    LCHF works.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,885 Member
    Options

Hi Sara -
    So sad to hear about someone losing their 6 month old baby! How horrible. Sending out healing hopes and metta for these parents.

Be back in a bit.

Yes the CBs are a bit surprising today!

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Friday

Slept in. Sent DH off to work. Getting cleaned up slowly. Wearing our green for St. Patrick's Day! I am 25% Irish! My grandmother was 100% Irish. No big plans for the day. Maybe a trip to Barnes & Noble and Target?

Forgot to step on the scale today. Doubt it would have been encouraging anyway. We went to supper at a local Irish Pub last night and I had shrimp and fries. Water to drink. That TOM showed up yesterday, so hopefully this water weight will drop off soon. Concentrating on staying on plan over this long weekend of mine.

I'll CBL!

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Woman at work made a chocolate cake with Guinness - did I really need to eat 3 smaller slices?? No I did not. I know why, I will deal with it better tomorrow and consider having tea for dinner. Tracking, putting parent into place again so it stops here.

Lady at work offered to drive me to the baby's service Tuesday - otherwise I would not go. Still on fence but appreciate the offer. Need to support the coworker and his family however we can.

Under Lana's Palm Tree, will watch those crazy Cboys try and entertain me. Will stay clear of the sweets, but something to nibble on would not go amiss.

Wishing all a good evening.

p.s extra walk with dog helped us both feel a little better, take advantage of good weather while we have it......
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    "arniedog74 snow is falling at a steady rate. Had to chase dogs around outside to get them in. Resorted to getting some chicken to treat them inside. It worked! But they are begging to go back out um no not right now. I hope things work out for your grandpa. Difficult to see family members go through any illness or injuries. Was so difficult to see my grandpa go how he went. He unfortunately had to go to a nursing home. He had lung cancer and had to have their services. His health went down rapidly"

Missy - we got lucky and the snow pretty much missed us... we had flurries off and on... never added up to anything..
    The thought of you using chicken to lure pups in... sounds like my dogs.. they'll do pretty much anything, for food...
    Thank you for good thoughts for my Grandpa... it may, eventually, get to the point of going to nursing home... but, not to that point, yet... so, not going to push it... as long as Uncle stays there and continues to help, I think he will be able to stay in the home, for awhile...I do, however, believe he should be using a wheelchair, sooner than later.. and, a nurse should be coming in... that's just going to be incredibly difficult for Grandma to accept... hopefully, the family will think about everything and make the best decision for him... no matter how difficult that decision may be...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Did not eat dinner, just too much sugar from cake. Asked myself where I had gone off track. Those little monsters were not to hard to find. So battle the monsters again.

Have sweet potatoes to roast. Will get extra bananas for workday (apples were tough with temp crowns, so got out o habit). Roasting carrots and radish as well.

Dawn, glad a plan of sorts is in place and sometimes you just have to wait and see what happens. I had a former supervisor who would say - "We shall see what we shall see."

Will stop by after work - next week is dog apts both Sat/Sun so last Saturday of OT.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Saturday

Stinking scale is still up! Still the highest number I have seen this year! That TOM started on Thursday and I thought the water weight would have started dropping off. Diet really hasn't been bad and I've only been drinking water and yesterday I even got 10,000 steps! Will continue to try to make good choices even though I'm frustrated.

Today is Day 18 of no pop! I was a bit overboard with sweets yesterday and kids and I had treats at the Starbucks at the bookstore. It was a nice day with the kids and I'm glad I took the day off to spend with them. Made the mistake of trying on some jeans at Maurices yesterday - which did not go well. I found out later when looking online that people are complaining the jeans are running very small compared to the same jeans they bought there even a couple of years ago. So then I felt a little better.

Lana - I am trying to take your words to heart and trying to focus on positives!

Grocery shopping today. So hard to think about what to make through the week. Breakfast and lunch are easy, it's the supper that's tough. DD and I are going out for dinner and a movie with MIL and SIL tonight. We will be seeing "Beauty and the Beast". DD is so excited! We even painted our nails last night!

I suppose I'd better eat some breakfast and clean myself up.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh, I think we should all pile into the private jet and go see Beauty and The Beast together! Bring the dogs!

I worked on the Broadway show for a few years; I was one of four follow spot operators. I never got tired of the show--I just loved it - the other three guys were bored out of their minds. Ha, Ha!

Sara -this is your last OT Saturday for a while? Yay.

Annie - A lot of people find that eating sweets, sugar, carbs causes the body to hold water. That's the tough part. I can be within my calories for the day, but if it included some baked goods or candy, the number goes or stays up.

Waves to Dawn and Missy and CF and anyone else who pops in~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - easter card in mail Monday......

Off to work last OT - dog (or god if I spell it wrong...) has groomer/vet apts next weekend.

Annie - berating yourself does not good, just keep moving fowards.

BBL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Missy, that was no rant, that was explaining why your world got crazy! Not uncommon for job changes to be "adjusted" has nothing to do with you - usually it is signature/paperwork/$$.

Lady who came back into the department (she worked in another section) had to delay a surgery so she could take job. Luckily she will get it done before Summer. She is so glad to be back in the department again (transfer that just did not work) that she is doing her best waiting (elbow injury).

Lana - never saw the movie - dental office (that is former dentist) used to play it in the waiting room and I would hear the office manager sing along - that alone should have sent people screaming out of the place!! I couldnt tell if playing the disney films were to amuse the children or the office manager.....

Hot chocolate on tap. - 3 chemotherapy hats done. Will see if I can borrow coworker circular needle for this pattern, I lose too many stitches and it annoys me.

Lounging in chair - dog with large chew bone on one of the Cboys lap looking just too pleased with herself.

Have a good evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

That Tillie!
    She has all the fun. But, to be fair, it IS Saturday Night!

Funny about the movie in the dentist's office!

Missy! What vacation? Did I miss your telling the details? Are you staying home and relaxing, or are you traveling? I need to go on somebody's vacation! Wait--this is sounding vaguely familiar......I cannot get the memory to come back though. Seems I begged to be put into someone's suitcase, but maybe that was a dream?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    hey, a "group-cation" - I will leave Tillie with the Cboys and join you!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Back for more sleep. My former car was white and I could see it easier - Pollen on car. We have had so much rain we will have extra bad allergy and mosquito season. Lovely.

Cooking is today's goal. Knitted enough yesterday.

Wishing all a great day. BBL.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Carrots, radishes and sweet potatoes in oven - carrots and radishes will be wrapped up croissant dough later. Artichoke boiling for awhile. Will wash hand wash dishes, then use large pot to boil potatoes for dinner.

Bought a ceramic bunny head to take to work. Was too cute to pass up.

Annie - consider making pita bread pizzas - or flatbread pizzas. I throw my pitas in the freezer and toast them in the toaster oven to thaw them out. Use regular tomato sauce, string cheese and toppings of choice. It is the amount of cheese and the crusts that make pizza such a calorie drain.

Dog was up fussing this morning, probably has allergies too.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Ladies~~

The sun is out. It is time to get dressed and get outside for a walk!

BBL

Lana

244.4 Today
    245.6 All time high
    185.0 Goal
  • ASalner
    Options
    Sunday afternoon

Yes! It's finally warm enough to take a walk outside. 1.4 miles with an average 16.42 minute mile. Not as fast as last summer yet but better than the last time I walked. I could definitely feel it in the "bad" leg but not too badly. Sad that my workout/walking clothes are snug. But hoping more walking will help with some slimming down.

Did not check the scale today. Supper out last night was a cheeseburger and fries. Did not eat popcorn at the movies since we had just eaten supper. I did share some junior mints with DD.

Day 19 of no pop. Breakfast was eggs and coffee. Lunch was creamed tuna on biscuits (tasty but not low-carb). We are grilling burgers for supper. I will eat mine on a sandwich thin. Side of green beans and potatoes.

On to more laundry...

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Made more than enough potatoes for Shepherd's pie and put roasted radishes in so it has a little "bite".

Annie Day 19!! That is such a good accomplishment.

After dinner walk and who knows??

Wishing all a great evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    When you feel like quitting, remember why you started - no name listed.