WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,098 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Learned the hard way once again not to put too much down the garbage disposal. I had put lemon down because I liked the smell. Unfortunately made the main drain back up. $280 dollars later. Yesterday I spent doing laundry and moving the things that got wet. Today I'll put things back. Unfortunately I could not write a good review because I should have told the young man to leave the washing machine alone. We have to put it at a funny angle because when they built the house they put too much grade by the drain and makes it difficult to level the washing machine. He thought he was doing us a favor by moving it back to what he thought was the correct position. One of the leveling legs in the front and back fell out. He left it as is without fixing it. I fixed it. DH because of his surgery cannot lift over 15 pounds. I did let loose a few choice words as I fixed it. At least the drain is fixed and I know he meant well when he moved the machine. He had already left by the time I realized what was wrong. Another lesson learned is to always check the work before the person leaves.

I do look at insurance as you can't live with it and you can't live without it. Given the current medical costs. I would never go without it.

I just try to only go into doctor if absolutely necessary like when I had that torn retina. Fixing that was relatively cheap compared to a detached retina and at that time I had great insurance. I still would go in immediately with the insurance I have today because I know it would be risking my eyesight without treatment and even more expensive surgery.

:heart: Margaret
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My husband and I have reasonably priced insurance and deductibles through his pension system, but I feel for those being squeezed by both premiums and deductibles. My younger sister who has massive health issues was without insurance for almost six years because she could not afford it. Her health went downhill dramatically. She was one of the ones who benefited from the Affordable Care Act. She saw doctors again and was slowing seeing some improvement. If the new bill passes as proposed, she will be right back where she was.

- Leigh in France
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    uuuuuuu
  • cpopal6
    cpopal6 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello Janeice. Same here new to this. Same here just starting out and have lost 10 lbs but am confident I will continue.
    Paula O. IA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Here I am at work...Until noon...Then home and do some laundry and baking.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Done my three roll outs. :o It's now in the fridge until tomorrow. I'm really enjoying doing it. :D

Trying to arrange getting to see the grandkids. My DDIL really does understand how important it is to us. <3 I think we've arranged for the 7th. So we will see them after school on Friday and stay the night and probably go back after lunch on the Saturday. Phew! It was difficult finding a date because they are so busy. My son is organising a big beer festival in Brighton one weekend. Then my DH is committed for cricket watching. :o I have asked for one day in the holidays as well. We will see. :*

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: I love the little anchors. :heart:

Kim: We get to share our worries & concerns with each other anytime. (((HUGS)))

Gloria: DH cooked a corned beef for us last night. Yum!!! :bigsmile:

Sharon in Lethbridge: I'm keeping your brother in my prayers. I hope the home dialysis unit is so effective that he won't need to go to the renal unit. :heart:

Janeice: If you've lost 8 pounds since January you are doing well. Stick around and let us get to know you. :smiley:

Heather: No wonder you are proud of your DDIL! :heart:

Rita: Your cartoon picture fits our current weather perfectly. :ohwell:

Remember Johnny Cash's old song, 16 Feet and Risin'? That is what it looks like here today. The National Weather Service Reports don't include flood warnings for us at this point. I've already decided what things to take upstairs if we experience a worst-case scenario and talked them over with DH. I don't expect it to happen but it is wise to have plans.

I have a riding lesson today at noon. Yay! I am ever so thankful for a covered arena.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 75

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 3
    Russian kettle bell swing-13X7X 35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Nicer weather today! Just got back from the first of my 2 mile walks today! 2-2 mile walks!

Not really trying to increase the amount of weight on my lifts until I am done eating at a deficit. I did however increase the weight of my kettle bell. Supposedly it should tighten my muscles and increase strength. We'll see!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, Kim! So pleased...
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Kim - great news, dancing right along with you (although secretly glad no one can see my awkard abandonment :))

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Awesome Kim~ you deserve it!!! God Works in Mysterious ways xoxoxo
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim: Three cheers!!!!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Kim- that is exciting news! Will be thinking of you and hoping that everything goes your way!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    B)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Dianna, welcome you've found a great group of supportive, encouraging ladies. I understand losing and gaining the same 7 lbs. been doing the same thing for the last year.

Janetr OKC
  • diannaadam2004
    diannaadam2004 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you janetr7476.